Skip to main content
Topic: R20 Brisbane v Carlton - Battle for the Spoon (Read 29138 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R20 Brisbane v Carlton - Battle for the Spoon

Reply #30
Does he really want to go there?
Has he stated that?
He's a Seymour lad.
Brisbane didn't actually do his dad any favours

As a likely early pick, Schache hears the talk about his draft chances. He is, of course, happy to go anywhere and wear any colours, and is happy his form is being noticed. But with the Brisbane Lions struggling near the bottom of the ladder – and in desperate need of a young tall forward – he thinks it would mean a little more if they called his name at the end of this year.

I think that'd be pretty cool if I ended up at Brisbane. I could go back to where dad was and finish off what he did there........Josh Schache from the AFL website...

Reply #31
As a likely early pick, Schache hears the talk about his draft chances. He is, of course, happy to go anywhere and wear any colours, and is happy his form is being noticed. But with the Brisbane Lions struggling near the bottom of the ladder – and in desperate need of a young tall forward – he thinks it would mean a little more if they called his name at the end of this year.

I think that'd be pretty cool if I ended up at Brisbane. I could go back to where dad was and finish off what he did there........Josh Schache from the AFL website...

Yep
I read that...You would have to know the context...did he volunteer that (in which case he probably is keen), or was it in response to a question..."How would you feel if your Dad's old club picked you up?".
He's not going to say "That wouldn't be very good."

Reply #32
But he could have downplayed it a little more. He wants to go to Brissy IMO.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #33
But he could have downplayed it a little more. He wants to go to Brissy IMO.

You may be right...but I can't possibly think why.
Unless perhaps the club have kept in touch and supported him a bit in the years since his Dad passed away.

Reply #34
Crazy. But IMO Weitering is a clear no1 so if the Lions want to play the 'his Dad played here and his son publically states he wants to play here too' card then go for it.

I'll happily take Weitering with pick 2.

Reply #35
We need another 1st round pick more than we need pick 1 over pick 2... so let's have a win and feel good about ourselves this weekend for 20-30 mins at least.

Reply #36
We need another 1st round pick more than we need pick 1 over pick 2... so let's have a win and feel good about ourselves this weekend for 20-30 mins at least.

If we win we might end up with pick 3.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #37

Exactly. We need to lose at least one of the next 2 games and have Gold Coast beat Essendon next week to ensure we end up with pick 2 at least.

Personally I don't care if we get pick 1 or 2 as we need both a KPF and a KPD, but I think we need one of those players more than we need an Aaron Francis type player. I'd almost prefer to end up with pick 2 as it takes the pressure off having to nail that #1 pick.

Reply #38

There's a possibility we can still get Weitering with pick 3. He would have to tell both QLD teams that he would be requesting a trade back to Victoria when his initial contract was up, though. a la Chad Wingard.

Don't want to have to make a kid do that though.

Reply #39
There's a possibility we can still get Weitering with pick 3. He would have to tell both QLD teams that he would be requesting a trade back to Victoria when his initial contract was up, though. a la Chad Wingard.

Don't want to have to make a kid do that though.

When we lose this week, there will be no need to hope fthings fall into place. The club won't be interested in giving momentary satisfaction to the 20,000 supporters and 3000 members who will bother watching this game at the risk of a potential 200 game full forward.

Reply #40
I actually hope we win 3 of the last 4 which is possible (can't see us beating the Dawks) and if that means we get pick 3 or even 4, then so be it. More important for the boys to get a winning feel and as someone else commented every bit as important for us to trade in another first round (or two) pick.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #41
IN: Ellard, Jaksch, Dick
OUT: Wood, White, Casboult.

Reply #42
IN: Ellard, Jaksch, Dick
OUT: Wood, White, Casboult.

Ellard back to add that much needed....err......um.......yeah.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!