Skip to main content
Topic: R20 Brisbane v Carlton - Battle for the Spoon (Read 29205 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R20 Brisbane v Carlton - Battle for the Spoon

Reply #60
In: Matthew Dick, David Ellard, Kristian Jaksch.
Out: Cameron Wood (Omitted), Simon White (Knee), Levi Casboult (Knee)

We're back to our spud rotation policy of 2005.
Brisbane are no good but crikey this is a weak Carlton team.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #61
Wooden spoon here we come. That first pick will be easier to get now. Dick of all people ?
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #62
This team selection makes me feel uneasy.

Reply #63
At least Jaksch, Whiley and Boekhurst are all playing, we actually did get three for the price of one.  ;)
It's a tough gig being a Carlton supporter.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #64
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/carlton/news/2015-08-13/team-selection-round-20

Thanks enz. Here I was thinking that injured players would be listed in the injury list section of the website.

There's still a fair bit of experience in that team. Not anywhere near our best 22, but enough for yet another "honorable loss" against the Lions.

Reply #65
I fear our forward line will struggle to kick more than about 7 goals versus the second bottom side...
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #66
I fear our forward line will struggle to kick more than about 7 goals versus the second bottom side...

Do we have a forward line?

Reply #67

Agree...No Casboult means no marks inside 50...no Menzel either after he played ok in the NB;s...the tank is on...

Reply #69

Dont fear it.. embrace it.

Love the selections (except i would have Walsh for Davey). More games into kids, guys getting a good run at it and hopefully a nice competitive loss.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #70
If we win, and Brisbane push the bergers price up enough, and we jump Gold Coast - we could get pick 4.

Free agency is officially a farce if they get pick 2 as compo for Leunberger after we got nothing for Waite.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #72
If Jones was playing  then everyone would know we are tanking  ;)

Reply #73
Dont fear it.. embrace it.

Love the selections (except i would have Walsh for Davey). More games into kids, guys getting a good run at it and hopefully a nice competitive loss.

Best way to look at it. If we were vying for a position in the 8 our selections would, of course, be different. But we're not, we're at the bottom of the table and already looking to next year in terms of assessing who gets a guernsey at year's end and who gets traded and who gets the heave ho. Of course you play the kids. Of course you don't take the slightest risk with injured blokes. Of course you put injured blokes out for surgery. Of course you experiment.

To the cynical mind you could mount a conspiracy case for tanking but to me it looks as if we're doing exactly what we should be doing in the best long term interest of the club factoring in the reality of where we are right now. I still think we're in with a good chance to win tomorrow and against Melbourne and against GWS.

It's one of the main reasons when I was in Oz (back later in the year... yah!) to go see NBs games, to see who's coming through. Winning was great, but if we lost but a newbie shone - great stuff. If we win tomorrow night - great. But if we lose and we get another game into blokes who might not have otherwise gotten one - great, more preparation for 2016. If we get a look at someone under real heat in preparation for 2016 who might not have gotten a gig this year - great. And you can bet that the Aints, cheats.com.au, GCS and Dees are doing exactly the same thing but because there're not as close to the bottom as us and BrisVegas there is no tanking suspicion.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #74
Well said Baggers. Looking forward to Holman, Whiley and Jaksch getting another go.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!