Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 3: Carlton vs Gold Coast: Post Game Pain (Read 42268 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 3: Carlton vs Gold Coast: Post Game Pain

Reply #45
Remember Henderson & Menzel.
We also have the advantage of every other club seeing Waite, Betts, Garlett and Robinson at other clubs

No matter what anyone says, losing that group of players hurts. Essentially gone from one of the best forward lines in 2013 to comprehensively the worst. Waite's 32yo admittedly but in fine form. There's nothing like experience up there with the youngsters.

Henderson and Menzel got us good picks, no problem there, but the other's we lost for nothing, all 4 of them.

Reply #46
AND, if I hear Bolton say, "it's a learning process" or "it's a fkn journey" one more time, I'll throw up.

I'm getting sick and tired of hearing it.

I want him to be honest and say, "we are not up to it, our skill level is non fkn  existent, and I'm sorry to say this to the 47,000 people who have parted with their hard earned to buy a membership, but it's going to be a long hard year."

If he then adds, "we are putting every player on notice. Improve, and show us that you have got some ability, and are prepared to put in every week.  If you don't, you are out at the end of the year. There is no way that we can ask the same 47,000 people to part with their money in 2017, and have to put up with the craap that was on display tonight".

Bolton may actually win the respect of the supporters if he said that, rather than the same bull dust and buzz words and cliches symptomatic of a school teacher or a politically correct lefty that he foists upon us at every press conference.

Reply #47

Have no players with trade currency,  That is the main problem.

We somehow turned Tom Bell into C Curnow this year. Early days and all that but that shapes as such a massive win.

Hendo for McKay.

The player doesn't have to be a world beater - or in Bell's case even competent - to have some trade value.

Reply #48
You could save yourself a lot of repetitive typing - just write "it's the board's fault" as your signature and be done with it.

I will try and be more constructive....but pratts mathiesons elliots must release their collective hold on this board and let the club grow with new people in charge. ..its our only chance..because I suspect something will happen to carlton in 6 months. .

Reply #49
For a bloke that weighs over 100 kg Phillips would get knocked off the ball by my 6 year old... falls over all the bloody time.  Too many of our blokes get knocked over or fumble fumble fumble....AAAAAAAAAAAAAGH.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #50
After looking at the stats I cannot believe we used 89 bench rotations and they only went with 70 - but somehow ran over us in the final quarter?????? And this on top of bring 2 players down and Ablett and Prestia appearing injured?

Reply #51
Game 3 of a rebuild and peeps want wins away from home, against a red hot team in slippery conditions.

Funny people follow this club.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #52
AND, if I hear Bolton say, "it's a learning process" or "it's a fkn journey" one more time, I'll throw up.

I'm getting sick and tired of hearing it.

I want him to be honest and say, "we are not up to it, our skill level is non fkn  existent, and I'm sorry to say this to the 47,000 people who have parted with their hard earned to buy a membership, but it's going to be a long hard year."

If he then adds, "we are putting every player on notice. Improve, and show us that you have got some ability, and are prepared to put in every week.  If you don't, you are out at the end of the year. There is no way that we can ask the same 47,000 people to part with their money in 2017, and have to put up with the craap that was on display tonight".

Bolton may actually win the respect of the supporters if he said that, rather than the same bull dust and buzz words and cliches symptomatic of a school teacher or a politically correct lefty that he foists upon us at every press conference.

He's just warming up - wait till he starts talking about positive and creative synergistic relationships and engaging stakeholders.

Reply #53
Game 3 of a rebuild and peeps want wins away from home, against a red hot team in slippery conditions.

Funny people control this club

Reply #54
Scheduling of our games has not worked out well.

Tiges got us before they realised just how crap they were. Sydney and GC in red hot form.... it's ok though - only Bulldogs next week.

Then Freo away. Would kill for a Melbourne / St K / Coll / Ess matchup right now.

Reply #55

Rubbish!

We want effort.

We want them to display basic skills, such as hitting a target with a foot pass or a hand ball.

We can cop, and yes, even expect a loss against the top teams.

But give us something to keep us interested.

Not the noncompetitive cr@p that we saw tonight.

Reply #56
He's just warming up - wait till he starts talking about positive and creative synergistic relationships and engaging stakeholders.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Reply #57
I'd like to see Bolton face up to reality and drop the likes of Thomas, Gibbs etc instead of the fringe numpties like Whiley and Buckley etc.

Really make a statement instead of just weasel words.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #58
Its only 3 games into a loooooong road so we need to keep the powder dry some what. But FMD overall, I have seen no improvement from last year.
- We still turn it over like no other team, in spots that really hurt.
- We still do those silly loopy high around the corner kicks in hope that no other team in the comp does, 9 times out of 10 they go to the opo.
- We still have no system in the fwd line. More kicks in hope that get easily killed by their defenders.
- Our defence (Weitering aside) is clueless and loose.
- Our senior blokes (Curnow and perhaps Docherty aside) dont do any heavy lifting lifting what so ever
BB tonight you really learnt you aint in Kansas any more. I saw a look on his face at the end of the game as he walked out of the coaches box that looked like the enoormity  of the task ahead hit him like a ton of bricks. Oh well, I didnt expect anything different. I hoped for a better result, I got what I expected though.
Go Blues.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #59
Getting mown over in last quarters and we were one of the few, if only team who played to the season proper 90 interchange rotations throughout the preseason.......hmmmm......might be something in that.
Football is life, there is nothing else....