Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 8: Pre Game Judgements St Kilda vs Carlton (Read 24816 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 8: Pre Game Judgements St Kilda vs Carlton

Reply #75
Here's a tip lads. One wears number 3, the other 29.
 ;)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #76
Here's a tip lads. One wears number 3, the other 29.
 ;)

And ones playing firsts and the other is in the magoos. :)) O0
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #77
And ones playing firsts and the other is in the magoos. :)) O0

One gets 35 touches, the other 5!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #78
Polsens form has dropped off after Adelaide needs to pick himself up and go hard again in Magoos and get few bests before being considered again

Reply #79
Jack Silvagni is too good for VFL will get his 15 touches and three goals with no problem.. just needs to start taking some of these tough contested marks at AFL.. unfair on a developing body but wont be a teenager for ever.. but is playing better this year than last year and thats what counts.. straight in if fit

Reply #80
x

Reply #81
Jack Silvagni is too good for VFL will get his 15 touches and three goals with no problem.. just needs to start taking some of these tough contested marks at AFL.. unfair on a developing body but wont be a teenager for ever.. but is playing better this year than last year and thats what counts.. straight in if fit

Yes and no.

I have no doubt about his ability, but I do have doubts about his body's ability to recover so quickly from an injury that kept him out for a week already, and his confidences ability to come straight back in and compete without taking a backwards step.

I would have thought it prudent management to simply give him a game in the magoos, to build everyones confidence in his body, and to knock on the door and state that he is back to play senior football making everyone else accountable.

We cant be seen to be playing favourites, and we need to give Jack every opportunity to show that he belongs at this level and not picked purely on his name.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #82
Jacks form does not justify him being dropped.  He is one of our leading goalkickers

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/footy/player-statistics

He has a higher avg tackle count than smedts but would be nice if he gets to nick grahams 5.5 tackles per game too.. has one of the highest averages in the team for marks.

Highly underated for such a promising talent... no way should he be dropped... this isnt favoritism at all he is simply a talent.. just needs to do that extra 10% more and only through game time and experience will he be able to do that...(and putting on an another 5 kg of muscle wont hurt him either)

Reply #83
ZF and SOJ in, Kerridge and Smedts out.

Emerg: Macreadie, Cuningham and Boekhorst.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #84
ZF and SOJ in, Kerridge and Smedts out.

Emerg: Macreadie, Cuningham and Boekhorst.
I guess the MC will be hero's or villains with those selections/omissions.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #85
I guess the MC will be hero's or villains with those selections/omissions.

Pretty sure 90% of us would've had the same 2 outs if we had to pick 2.

Reckon 90% of us wouldve had jack in as well.

The only real surprise is Fisher back in....which is fair enough as he was only out of the team through injury anyway.

Reply #86
Happy enough with that really. Good in a way we are not going too defensive but exposing the young guys to a bit of heat.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #87

yeah! well a fit Jack had to come back in.

I reckon Billie Smedts is a bit stiff. Didn't have a good one last week, but the week before was good.

All up though, looks OK to me.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #88
I guess an important consideration in selection was Etihad. The two ins, especially ZF, have speed over the grass. SOJ exerts terrific forward pressure and will hopefully find the scoreboard.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #89
These selections are part of the rebuild.
We would have a better winning chance with Smedts and Kerridge but the two ins are very good prospects and we have to get games into them.
I agree with it, there's no other way.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.