Skip to main content
Topic: Best Line Up - 2013 vs 2014 (Read 18927 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Best Line Up - 2013 vs 2014

Reply #45
Setanta wouldn't get a game at a top four side...probably not even top 6 or top 8. Our club got rid of him and we're mediocre/middle of the road. When he became available, there was hardly a sh1t fight for his services.

You don't need every guy in a team to be an A grader.

You do need someone who will always compete and seldom gets beaten one on one. A bit of mongrel helps too!

Never said Irish was God's gift but when on the park he was invariably very serviceable (despite never being 'allowed' to settle in one spot).

Rowe or Setanta - I'd take a fit Irish any day of the week.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #46
Here's my best line up for 2014 at the moment.

FB; Everitt, Jamison, Touhy
HB; Docherty, Watson, Simpson
C; Thomas, Gibbs, Yarran
R; Warnock, Murphy, Judd
HF; Menzel, Henderson, Walker
FF; Kreuzer, Waite, Garlett

I/C; McLean, Carrots, Robbo, Lucas

Depth
Scotland, Armfield, Curnow, Bell, Graham, pick 13, Bootsma, Rowe, Casboult, McInnes, White.

IMO we are still short on KPD and IMO moving Hendo back should be a last resort.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #47
I think Judd would be better as a interchange player going forward and coming on for bursts as a impact player,making it harder to tagg him.Curnow must be in the starting 22 as out of all the taggers he would be by far our best I also think we should go in with krooz in the ruck and cas in the side as back up.Neither Krooz or warnock can play forward so they become a liability as far as interchanges go. And maybe play walker in the center as he has pace and breaks lines as well as a bit of grunt compared to most of our other on ballers and can tackle.
Like it or not at least it's my opinion.

Reply #48
B. Tuohy Jamison Everitt
HB. Simpson Watson Docherty
C. Thomas McLean Gibbs
HF. Waite Casboult Menzel
F. Garlett Henderson Walker

R. Kreuzer Curnow Murphy

I. Carrazzo Robinson Judd Yarran