Skip to main content
Topic: Round 15 - Blues Vs Pies. Pre - Game Thread (Read 46519 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 15 - Blues Vs Pies. Pre - Game Thread

Reply #15
Does anyone really care anymore??

I do.

I'm sort of with Agey on this one. Yeah I'll watch it and cheer on the boys but win or loss doesn't really matter I got sucked in for the final time after our two 'honourable' losses to the Cats and Hawks and it won't be happening again. When Buckley, Cripps and Graham are back in then I'll start looking forward to the footy again. Then again, it may just be once the World Cup finishes. Not much joy there either with my beloved Greeks. Can't wait till my sons start playing sport. :))
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #17

Not really.

I wasn't on this site in the dark days of Den Den, is the general malaise the same?
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #18

Not really.

I wasn't on this site in the dark days of Den Den, is the general malaise the same?

No not really CIMM, there always an air of positiveness around the place as we all truly believed it was just a matter of time until we got rid of Den Den and became a force again. See back then we all thought that all you needed was a few #1 picks and you'd get back up there. I think everyone was fixated on those early picks as the previous draft had yielded Hodge, Ball and Judd and prior to that Reiwoldt.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #19
What craps me the most is that people on this site seems to care more about the club and its performances than those directly involved.

You can't tell me that there were 22 committed playing running around on Sunday.

I've been watching this club for 45+ years and the past 14 or so years have not been pleasant...  I don't know how many more bleak years some of us longer termers can swallow... I can cope with loosing (sometimes) I just need some progress to cling to.  Unfortunately I don't see any and I fear going back to ground zero again and another total rebuild from the bootstudders up... which I reckon is a 15 year process in this day and age with no guarantees of success.

CFC = irrelevant in today's competition.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #20
Prof, yes we are. Terrible on and off field. Laughing stock.

What I hate is MM and co choosing say Brock McLean over Nick Graham as an example. I want to see progress.

Dylan Buckley and Pat Cripps when both back should play out the year in the 1's. Nick Holman should get games in too as should Jaryd Cachia.

Finals...gawn...time for a rebuild is now and to see what our kids have. Give them an opportunity though. They are the future!

Reply #21

Is there really any more to be said atm. Let's face it, it really feels like we are "flogging a dead horse".
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #22
For me, season ended long ago but officially ends at 7.25pm this Sat when I get on that big bird and go on my 7wk end of season trip with Mrs G2C.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #23

It's Carlton V Collingwood, do you even need to ask?
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #24
Nick Duigan was placed on the LTI list, wasn't he?  If we haven't promoted anyone to take his place yet, we can promote Wood now.  Heath Scotland also retired citing knee issues, so perhaps he might have been placed on the LTI list as well.  There was also some suggestion an additional rookie can be upgraded mid-season by clubs which have room in their salary caps.

Scotland was a nominated rookie initially, you'd think he could hand that batten onto someone else.
Cachia was the other nominated rookie.
Johnson was elevated a couple of weeks ago.

Don't forget Bootsma has been sacked.
Also Kreuzer is on the LTI.

We can probably upgrade all our rookies!

Reply #25
Retirements and sackings don't usually mean that a club can promote a rookie to fill the vacant spot.  Obviously, the AFLPA would go ballistic if it did because that would provide an incentive for clubs to sack players or force them to retire so they could try out promising rookies.  No doubt the AFL could give permission, but I'm not sure it would want to set a precedent.

Reply #26
Retirements and sackings don't usually mean that a club can promote a rookie to fill the vacant spot.  Obviously, the AFLPA would go ballistic if it did because that would provide an incentive for clubs to sack players or force them to retire so they could try out promising rookies.  No doubt the AFL could give permission, but I'm not sure it would want to set a precedent.

It is certainly not a given that you can replace them with a rookie, but i believe you can seek permission to upgrade a rookie. Obviously its up to the AFL from there, but i think in regards to Bootsma, everything is above board, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Reply #27
Just give me 22 players that want to play for the club/guernsey. I dont care if they are 32 or 22 years of age. The total lack of intensity on the weekend was sickening. You would hope they can get up for the arch enemy. Even if they do play well, heck even if they win we all know sustaining good consistent football over an extended period of time is something this football hasnt been capable of for a very long time.
Eat more chooks

Reply #28
First time since 2007 we've been out of finals contention so early in the season.

Reply #29
First time since 2007 we've been out of finals contention so early in the season.

Season was shot in R4. Just formalities from there on.