Skip to main content
Topic: Round 15 - Blues Vs Pies. Pre - Game Thread (Read 46528 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 15 - Blues Vs Pies. Pre - Game Thread

Reply #30
First time since 2007 we've been out of finals contention so early in the season.

It sucks, but the top 4 is set and no side outside the top 4 can win the flag, so 14 teams are just making up the numbers anyway.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #31
Does anyone really care anymore??

I do.

Every week.
I get excited before every game. Always have.
Without wanting to be negative toward posters with a different opinion, I really can't understand how you wouldn't care.

Win, lose, draw... Doesn't matter. Bring on next week. If we field a team, we have a chance.
Not to say I dont get negative, I do, but I still get excited.

Reply #32

I do.

Every week.
Without wanting to be negative toward posters with a different opinion, I really can't understand how you wouldn't care.

Win, lose, draw... Doesn't matter. Bring on next week. If we field a team, we have a chance.
Good on ya Deags, you're right mate. Always next week to redeem ourselves. Go Blues.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #33

I do.

Every week.

It's only Monday Deags.

The enthusiasm will build like an oncoming virus, taking hold of us, making us hallucinate, expectorate optimistic mucus and leave us feeling "light headed" even hopeful of a win against all odds.
Then the pies will pull our pants down, bend us over and give us the mother of all flu shots. It will be less a hypodermic and more a harpoon.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #34

I do.

Every week.

It's only Monday Deags.

The enthusiasm will build like an oncoming virus, taking hold of us, making us hallucinate, expectorate optimistic mucus and leave us feeling "light headed" even hopeful of a win against all odds.
Then the pies will pull our pants down, bend us over and give us the mother of all flu shots. It will be less a hypodermic and more a harpoon.
Believe Cimm.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #35

I do.

Every week.

Therein lies the difference. I was excited for round 1, I then got excited before the Pies game after it looked like we'd turned the corner but nah nothing to get excited over now IMO other than what early draft picks we get, especially with blokes like Buckley and Cripps not playing. I guess I get a little excited to watch Menzel play but it ends there.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #37
It's Carlton v Collingwood, and despite what most of us are saying if it's still close well into the game we'll be pretty emotionally involved, but that's the thing.....

....the way we play these days, with the inconsistent efforts, it's quite easily to emotionally detach.
You find that when the effort's not there you switch off.
I don't think it's case of not caring, because the loss still hurts.
But it doesn't hurt as much as it used to, because we have adapted to expect it...and there's the danger.
We're a fairly hard core group.
If that feeling translates to fringe supporters (and they're more likely to drop off first) their investment, commitment, interest all suffer.

The good thing is that it's not a terminal condition...yet.
If we'd have beaten GWS by a big margin last weekend interest in this game would be sky high....that's how simple it is, and how important it is not to drop games like last week.

Carlton/Collingwood games have a history of providing good matches and sometimes unexpected results.
A lot depends on whether Carlton turns up........ or whether they send their passion deficit "bizzaro" doubles who wear the same jumpers.

Reply #38

I'll tell you why i care.  WHO WANTS COLLINGWOOD TO WIN AND MAKE TOP 4 ???

I don't.  F**K 'EM. 

Reply #39
I want to win and keep the Pies away from the top 4 and I give us some chance with Murphy back in the team..
Henderson has to play CHB though and Warnock needs to make up for such a poor game and give us first use..
Time to inject some excitement and youth into the team and think about playing Blaine Johnson and looking at Holman and Reynolds in the next few weeks if they can play some consistent footy in the NB's..

Reply #40
I'm with you elwood.

Out I'd have McLean and Armfield.

In comes debutant Johnson and the skipper Murphy.

Henderson to CHB
Walker forward
Jamison forward

Team:
B: Tuohy, Rowe, White
Hb: Yarran, Henderson, Simpson
C: Curnow, Gibbs, Everitt
Hf: Walker, Waite, Thomas
F: Menzel, Jamison, Casboult
Foll: Warnock, Robinson
Rov: Murphy
I/c: Carrazzo, Docherty, Johnson, Judd

Reply #41

I'll tell you why i care.  WHO WANTS COLLINGWOOD TO WIN AND MAKE TOP 4 ???

I don't.  F**K 'EM. 

Meh.....
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #42
I guess one positive to come out of all our losses and boring brand of football is that there's now plenty of space on my IQ! :D
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #43
Henderson has to be given the chance to regain touch and will only do that down back. Time for Meat and Vinnie's boy to carry the tall forward responsibilities... and succeed.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #44
Henderson has to be given the chance to regain touch and will only do that down back. Time for Meat and Vinnie's boy to carry the tall forward responsibilities... and succeed.

I'd have Walker forward too.

The only problem with the Waite/Casboult forward set up is the need to spell Warnock.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball