Skip to main content
Topic: Round 15 - Blues Vs Pies. Pre - Game Thread (Read 46685 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 15 - Blues Vs Pies. Pre - Game Thread

Reply #75
Waite, Armfield out
Murphy, Johnson in

Glad to see a young player given a go. Looking forward to the game for that reason alone.

Whats the bet he's the sub ???????

I hope not but I think your on the money. I'd rather they sub McLean . Give Johnson every chance to show his wares. I've been looking forward to seeing him play. 
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #76
From memory drafting commentators had big wraps on his kicking and marking

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/champion-data-picks-the-top-30-draft-prospects-of-2013/story-fnelctok-1226759925435
29. BLAINE JOHNSON
Was WA's second-leading goalkicker at the carnival. In-between size makes for a tough match-up on lead or overhead.
WE SAY: Booming right foot is a weapon outside 50. Later pick.

That last sentence gives me butterflies... Excited about seeing him in action.. A fitting first up game against arch enemy 60k+ crowd ... FFS give the vest to McLean
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #77
Waite, Armfield out
Murphy, Johnson in

We're tanking, it's official.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #78
Waite, Armfield out
Murphy, Johnson in

White is named in the side, even though it was said he would miss 2-3 weeks with a knee injury.

He'll be a late withdrawal and Waite will probably come back in....or maybe McInness!  :o

Reply #80
Blues by 62 points

Reply #81
Waite, Armfield out
Murphy, Johnson in

Agree...looks like Mitch Robinson is playing KP.....must want a pick in the top 5...

I'm thinking pick one, it's like Groundhog Day.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #82
I have always been of the opinion that  if you cant finish top four or have serious tilt at finals, may as well finish well down (last even) rather than 9th 10th etc. Really whats the point? Seasons shot, get draft picks but FFS, use it wisely.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #83
I have always been of the opinion that  if you cant finish top four or have serious tilt at finals, may as well finish well down (last even) rather than 9th 10th etc. Really whats the point? Seasons shot, get draft picks but FFS, use it wisely.

Losing breeds a losing mentality.

Reply #84
Jarrad Waite: the bell tolls for thee......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #86

My dream run home to seasons close is to be compete in every game and go down by a point or 2 in all of them. Be super competitive yet finish as low as possible (wooden spoon aside) second last will do just fine.

― Mark Twain

Reply #87

Yep...might get another year if we dont trade for a KP Forward but if we do I think his days are numbered as Mick seems to have him as a fall guy.

Reply #88
From memory drafting commentators had big wraps on his kicking and marking

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/champion-data-picks-the-top-30-draft-prospects-of-2013/story-fnelctok-1226759925435
29. BLAINE JOHNSON
Was WA's second-leading goalkicker at the carnival. In-between size makes for a tough match-up on lead or overhead.
WE SAY: Booming right foot is a weapon outside 50. Later pick.

In that linked article, they predicted Cripps to go to  Essendon at Pick 26

Reply #89

Yep...might get another year if we dont trade for a KP Forward but if we do I think his days are numbered as Mick seems to have him as a fall guy.

Do you think it's effort or age that's holding him back Elwood?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!