Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 19: Carlton vs Freo: Post Match Pain Again (Read 37454 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 19: Carlton vs Freo: Post Match Pain Again

Reply #15
"Highway robbery", as the commentators said.

1. Who started the thread on Casboult's hands being the best in the business?

The damn poster who jinxed him....lol. Wasn't just posters saying it though to be fair.

Had one of those nights where he couldn't catch malaria in Africa during an outbreak. Anyway, can't complain about his year.

Interesting year.  Bugger all wins but given us more hope than any time last year in regards to individuals the way a few have come on.

Reply #16
We are where we are because of skill errors.

Also...WHY THE FRIGG ARE THE UMPIRES SO AGAINST US.

ALWAYS THE 50/50 BALL GOAS AGAINST US, AN UTTER LOAD OF CRAP.

I even had my Richmond mate, who absolutely hates the Blues asking why are the umps so bias towards Freo. UTTER BULLDUST.

IF THE UMPS BLEW THEIR WHISTLE AND PAID LEGIT FREES....

How many more times are we going to be robbed?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #17
Did something tonight that we haven't done for year.  Sat a tagger on his ar$e more often than not and protected our man.  We are maturing.  Juddy might even be enjoying his footy again too!!

Reply #18
I don't think we deserved to win. We didn't earn it. They played with 2 men down from half time, was a very fair effort by them. But, I think we were a much classier outfit tonight then we have seen. Disappointed with the result, but not crushed as I have been before.

Chris Judd- 3 votes
Sorry mate, but I can't agree with you. We really did deserve to win it. They played 2 men down, but neither of them had got a kick while they were on. In half a game Pavlich got 4 possessions. It was in our interest to keep him on, good player though he is.
What changed the game was when Judd got injured. He came back on, but he was severely restricted and had no impact from that point. He was BOG by far until then.
I hope he can get up for next week, but I do have my doubts.
Judd also showed just how important he still is to us. We got slaughtered in the ruck, yet we had more clearances and better clearances.

Unfortunately tonight also showed that we need a couple of players and a tad more composure. Even guys like Thomas, who is normally very sure, stuffed things up terribly when he needed him to hold things together. Nor was he alone. Docherty's kick on the full and Wood's kick down the middle of the ground were very ordinary. The 50 m given away by Tuohy was unnecessary.

Casboult: fair dinkum he had a shocker. Mind you, he should have been paid 2 really important marks in the action of the last quarter, either one being paid would have probably won us the game. But he had hands on concrete tonight: the ball bounced off every time.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #19
Phrases like we deserve to win are a nonsense

The fact is we did not win....

Reply #20
Keep pick 6 in draft.  lol

Reply #21
I thought Wood was pretty good tonight considering who he was up against and its a shame that his errant rushed kick ended up giving them the winning goal. He shouldn't be held responsible for the loss, there was a myriad of other reasons for that.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #22
Magnificent coaching effort from Mick.

From the way some people post on this forum criticizing Micks moves, you would think that  we can make the eight.

I have got news for you, we can't. So nothing wrong with putting Bell on Fyffe. If Mick thought that Bell was ready, now he knows how far away Bell is from being a top footballer, let alone about his poor skills.

We are not a top four side and won't be with blokes like Rowe and Ellard. Yes, I know some of you defend Rowe, but he would not get a look in at Hawthorn, the Swans, Geelong, Freo, and I won't go on. Neither would Ellard.

They are plugging a hole in our personnel.
The usual suspects kept us in it.

Levi was asleep, White just went, Docherty fks up too much, and when he needs to, can't hit a target. He'll be O.K. but needs to improve.

It was a nice effort with the usual result because we lack the 6 class players to get us into the top 4.

As far as Wood goes, the only reason he panicked and kicked instead of handing off to Simmo, is that he has been out for two years. but I thought he was pretty good tonight.

I hope they re-sign Mick for another 3 years.

Reply #23
We are where we are because of skill errors.

Also...WHY THE FRIGG ARE THE UMPIRES SO AGAINST US.

ALWAYS THE 50/50 BALL GOAS AGAINST US, AN UTTER LOAD OF CRAP.

I even had my Richmond mate, who absolutely hates the Blues asking why are the umps so bias towards Freo. UTTER BULLDUST.

IF THE UMPS BLEW THEIR WHISTLE AND PAID LEGIT FREES.... >:(

How many more times are we going to be robbed?
I thought the umps were not that bad tonight, on the whole. They gave 6 frees against Crowley, a first, I am sure. We were stiff at the end when the umps forgot what a mark was (and we forgot to show them how it was done). Considering the home town decisions that ALWAYS flow, we did as well from the umps as we could.

As to how any times more we are going to be robbed? That is going to depend on how soon some of our lads get used to the pressure and start to keep their composure. A little more talent, especially in the midfield and the ruck would help too. But I think we are not that far away. We start to win one or two of these and we'll start to win a lot more of them.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #24
I thought Wood was pretty good tonight considering who he was up against and its a shame that his errant rushed kick ended up giving them the winning goal. He shouldn't be held responsible for the loss, there was a myriad of other reasons for that.

Agree

Reply #25
We are the nth melb of the 2014 season. Lack of composure has killed us in so many games.
I still reckon we are closer than ost people think. Yes we need some key depth but gees we've given some good teams the heebie geebies.
I found my thrills, on Windy Pills

Reply #26
Did something tonight that we haven't done for year.  Sat a tagger on his ar$e more often than not and protected our man.  We are maturing.  Juddy might even be enjoying his footy again too!!
That was such a good thing. Murphy stood up for himself and his teammates did too. Even Judd took Crowley away from Murphy. That was excellent to watch.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #27
Crowley, clearly trying to extend his career by being a parasite.  Has not skill.  nly good at giving cheap shots behind play.    Good on Murph for not taking his crape.    He would have let Crowley be all over him  in years passsed. 

Reply #28
That was such a good thing. Murphy stood up for himself and his teammates did too. Even Judd took Crowley away from Murphy. That was excellent to watch.

And that was Graham who put him on his arse. It was sooo beautiful to watch in slo mo.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #29
Lost 6 games by under 15 points.    Most of any other side.