Skip to main content
Topic: Phil Hughes (Read 26210 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Phil Hughes

Reply #60
RIP Phil
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #61
I never played competitive cricket - not good enough - but my Dad was pretty handy and played for Carlton seconds in District Cricket.

I dug out one of his old bats, one that he scored a century with for Coburg RSL in the 1947/48 season (well before I was born).  It's now beside our front door as a tribute to Phil Hughes . . . and to Dad  RIP
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #62
Nice touch DJ. :)
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #63
Talk around Hughes being named 12the man for the test.

Reply #64
I never played competitive cricket - not good enough - but my Dad was pretty handy and played for Carlton seconds in District Cricket.

I dug out one of his old bats, one that he scored a century with for Coburg RSL in the 1947/48 season (well before I was born).  It's now beside our front door as a tribute to Phil Hughes . . . and to Dad  RIP

Not sure whether you were responding to this DJC or it was your own initiative but ....Yep nice touch.

Put a bat out for Phil

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-28/cricket-fans-around-the-world-put-out-their-bats-for-phil-hughes/5924802

Reply #65
I don't want to distract attention from the sad loss of Phil Hughes but I made an error in my previous post.

The bat was presented to Dad after he took 100 catches in the 1947/48 season.  Dad was a wicketkeeper.

Anyway, if you've got a bat, put it out or stick it in your window as a tribute to a young man whose life was so tragically cut short.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #66
RIP Hughesy.

You will be greatly missed.

Not too many past/current players had more first class tons at the same age as Phil. He was going places.

Reply #67
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #68
Great to see the community get out there in support of a young gentleman gone way too early. Still had much to offer Australian cricket and despite what some people say was a much loved person and player. RIP

Reply #70
Not into cricket as much as when I was young, but a terrible tragedy by any definition.

RIP Phil Hughes and condolences to his family and loved ones. 

Reply #73
Just put the old bat out. Took a while to find it.
Last used 1979.

RIP Phil.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.