Skip to main content
Topic: Daisy charged for striking Laidler! - can accept 1 game suspension (Read 54607 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Daisy charged for striking Laidler! - can accept 1 game suspension

Reply #15
If he's accepted a week it's a bit ordinary.

I haven't seen the video, but radio is saying the video apparently shows no contact with Laidler's head/chin and contact with the chest. Laidler apparently throws his head back staging for a free.

Can anyone confirm, is there public video?
I saw video if it, hard to tell if makes contact with the chin or chest.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #17
Two senior players on report for stupid behaviour in a scratch match - pathetic leadership...

Both should be dropped and have their match payments refunded to to club.
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Reply #18
Daisy's elbow hit Laidler on the point of the chin.  Laidler wasn't expecting it and it wasn't during play. A week's suspension is fair enough and he should be sanctioned by the club.

Mitchell should have copped a week too.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #19
Haven't seen this incident but Cockatoo's tackle was worse than Gibbs'
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #20
Don't agree. Put aside his form and put aside his pay packet and all the he should know better crap.

Judge him soley on the contact made.

And as there was very little to possibly none I can't understand how the club can accept it.

It was dumb I agree but then again many on here harp on about our players needing to get tougher and make a stand. He does something physical and everyone wants to hang the guy.

Like I said minimal contact. If it was a hawk, Swan or cheat he plays round 1.

I thought it was more than minimal contact which I judged at being about one weeks holiday, Lailder wasnt expecting it and it was a cheap shot..not tough...

Reply #21
I saw video if it, hard to tell if makes contact with the chin or chest.

That's what the radio commentary has been reporting.

Interesting the MRP says low impact intentional contact.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #22
Don't agree. Put aside his form and put aside his pay packet and all the he should know better crap.

Judge him soley on the contact made.

And as there was very little to possibly none I can't understand how the club can accept it.

It was dumb I agree but then again many on here harp on about our players needing to get tougher and make a stand. He does something physical and everyone wants to hang the guy.

Like I said minimal contact. If it was a hawk, Swan or cheat he plays round 1.

Still a dumb act. No need for it. Irresponsible given its 50/50 whether he makes contact or not. He wasn't even looking at Laidler! I reckon the leadership group should give him 3 weeks for being a dickhead and jeopardising our chances of beating Richmond.

Reply #23
Yeah but he plays for Hawthorn.  ::)

MRP, reported on radio that Mitchell got off because he made contact with an open palm, but I challenge them to take a hit in the face from my open palm and still claim it's below the force required for a charge. I reckon the heal of your palm smacking into someone's face can be as damaging as just about any other surface, maybe even worse!

I'm not here to debate the stupidity of Daisy, it was stupid. What concerns me is that we accept charges and penalties that other clubs appeal and escape. I suppose it's just another sign of how bad our club's financials are, I suspect we cannot afford to take the risk at losing the bond! But that should not be the grounds on which we make those decisions.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #24
MRP, reported on radio that Mitchell got off because he made contact with an open palm, but I challenge them to take a hit in the face from my open palm and still claim it's below the force required for a charge. I reckon the heal of your palm smacking into someone's face can be as damaging as just about any other surface, maybe even worse!

I'm not here to debate the stupidity of Daisy, it was stupid. What concerns me is that we accept charges and penalties that other clubs appeal and escape. I suppose it's just another sign of how bad our club's financials are, I suspect we cannot afford to take the risk at losing the bond! But that should not be the grounds on which we make those decisions.
The Carlton website says he has until Tuesday to appeal so we haven't copped it on the chin yet. Having watched the video, I don't think he makes contact with Laidler head but I may be wrong.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #25
Blessing in disguise for us (hopefully Byrne gets a run). But unfortunately for him he can't afford to be out of the side as he is not likely to step right back in and won't be tearing it up in the VFL either.

Reply #26

25:01 of the 1st qtr, you be the judge. No way he hits him in the head, its chest or throat at best, Laidler milks it the filthy prick. Walkers jumper punches on Laidler were way worse IMO. And the knee to Daisy's head is at around 21:43.
http://www.afl.com.au/livepass/match-replays
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #27
The way he's kicking the ball it's better for us if he's out

Reply #28
Mitchell got off... Premiership discount.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #29
doesn't matter, he needs to go back to the reserves and regain some touch and show some willingness to work harder. no special treatment, he already had that when Mick was at the club.