Skip to main content
Topic: Daisy charged for striking Laidler! - can accept 1 game suspension (Read 54760 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Daisy charged for striking Laidler! - can accept 1 game suspension

Reply #90
$3.5 million now wowee!!!

$Daisy go up with every grubber kick, a month from now Anderson will have him as the league highest paid player! ;)

Anderson doesn't even rationalise how we were able to sign a whole bunch of 2 or 3 year players in trade week, re-sign some senior players, all while still paying Daisy so much! That's because Mr Anderson is a goose!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #91
$3.5 million now wowee!!!

Yeah that's overstated because the fifth year is our option is it not? Someone please tell me it's our option.

@LP

When blokes like Judd retire you can pretty much guarantee a large portion of salary cap space will be freed up.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #92
Our option but if he comes good next year we have no alternative but to bay him 700k to go around again

Reply #93
Our option but if he comes good next year we have no alternative but to bay him 700k to go around again

I firmly believe that Daisy would have to make a pretty spectacular comeback for us to keep him a moment longer than we have to. He's a constant reminder of an era we are striving to put behind us and BB and SOS will be ruthless.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #94
I reckon there is some dodgy mathematics being applied with regards to these contracts.

I think people are looking at the years of contract combined with a figure we might have paid in one particular year (where front loading may have been performed) and multiplying by 5 to end up with a result that gives them ammunition to sling mud at our club.

Daisy is rumoured to have been on anywhere between 600k and 750 a season.

That doesnt mean he will get that money every season, but it might have been a figure he was on at this point.  When you consider he was a restricted free agent, and Collingwood were only offering 450k a year plus bonuses (using this article as a relevant point) why would we indeed have gone double?

The answer is most likely that we havent.  I believe his actual contract would be closer to 600k a year (still too much for what we have gotten/getting) and that there is a bit of creative accounting being used everywhere to simply pot the club like people are used to doing.

Front loading may have put him on a big packet in one season, but that would have had as much to do with us having cap wiggle room as anything else.  We had Fev on 750k odd a few years ago, and we lured Judd at that time on a similar number, the cap space has increased quite signficantly since then, and we have no where near the salaries now that we did then.  We must have heaps of room.  We may have our biggest contracts being paid out as we speak leaving us signficant room available to play with moving forward which is all Im genuinly concerned about.

Its possible that Daisy's 5th year might only cost us a few of hundred thousand as we have paid him the rest of his money already.  We probably wont find out for sure but no doubt some will use this as ammunition against our footy club as there are certain media types that are constantly having a go at our footy club.  They are effectively kicking us whilst we are down, and Daisy is an easy target because the footy he is producing is putrid, and he is on a high price even for a good ordinary footballer.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #95
That doesnt mean he will get that money every season, but it might have been a figure he was on at this point.  When you consider he was a restricted free agent, and Collingwood were only offering 450k a year plus bonuses (using this article as a relevant point) why would we indeed have gone double?

The answer to that is quite simple, he is Mick and Swann's son and Swanny wanted to complete the quinella re looking after his favourite people.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #96
I reckon there is some dodgy mathematics being applied with regards to these contracts.

The numbers are completely made up by scribes in the media then exaggerated year by year with people with agendas. I mentioned about 12 months ago he will be on a million a season by the time his contract is finished, not far off now.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #97
The numbers are completely made up by scribes in the media then exaggerated year by year with people with agendas. I mentioned about 12 months ago he will be on a million a season by the time his contract is finished, not far off now.

Nah I think the figures of 700-750k have been there from the start. People with agendas have tried to discredit those figures by throwing up 600k etc with little to no basis for their opinion.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #98
Nah I think the figures of 700-750k have been there from the start.

They're made up just like these figures.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-10-07/carlton-lodges-dale-thomas-paperwork-with-afl/5002596
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #100
So only the figures that support your opinion are spot on? lol

They're made up just like these figures.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-10-07/carlton-lodges-dale-thomas-paperwork-with-afl/5002596
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #102
The answer to that is quite simple, he is Mick and Swann's son and Swanny wanted to complete the quinella re looking after his favourite people.

maybe Carrots, but if its true, then our club was in dire straights and had no hope of pulling out of that mess with any credibility.

I don't know an organisation that is run by a CEO in isolation without input from many people which indicates we had multiple points of failure regarding all those poor decisions made.

In any case we have put it behind us, and no matter how bad these decisions were:

1.  We have moved on.
2.  It wont be a millstone that plagues us for more than a couple of years.
3.  We shouldnt lose any young talent on the back of not having cap room as we frankly have SFA players left worth paying big dollars to anyway.
4.  Regardess of what has happened, our future is looking up with SOS driving our policies in similar fashion to last year.

last but most importantly:

5.  As abysmal as our decision making has proven to be, nothing has/or ever will hurt us as much as the decisions that the Collins administration made on the back of the poor decisions made by Elliott which has brought our club to the position its in today.  We may have navagated out of our current mess much earlier with some better administration, but nothing compares to what happend back in 2004.  The decision to cut ties with Brittain was just one poor decision in a long line of other poor decisions, but the breaches and penalties have rendered us a basket case beyond anything else we have or ever will experience ever again.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #103
The reported Daisy contract figures are more rubbery than the reported Betts contract figures.

One day the AFL media claim we lose players for paying them nothing, the next day the same spud reporters claim we recruit players by paying them overs.

They are into us because they are used to getting a reaction out of our club! Most of what they write is dead set rubbish! ;)

Daisy's reported wage has gone up 40% since he joined the club, it must be performance bonuses! :D

They write stories like real-estate agents report prices! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #104
If Daisy was on 200k he would still not be earning his money so I'm not sure why anyone here feels the need to inflate the figure? There is no need to.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!