Skip to main content
Topic: Daisy charged for striking Laidler! - can accept 1 game suspension (Read 54763 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Daisy charged for striking Laidler! - can accept 1 game suspension

Reply #120
You are the one who made the assertion that we didn't take advice in your statement below!

So I appreciate you are ignoring the advice reported at the time that Buttifant had told Malthouse that Daisy was capable of making a full recovery, you write it off as smuck advice, fair enough. But you are making an even greater assumption that independent medical advice about Daisy would have been negative.

You don't know, you are just guessing and throwing darts!

Dr Baresi advised McKay and MM  not to recruit Daisy after examining him. They did and Baresi resigned.

Reply #121
Dr Baresi advised McKay and MM  not to recruit Daisy after examining him. They did and Baresi resigned.

Whats your source of this information?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #122
Whats your source of this information?

I can't say or my identity may become apparent.

Reply #123
I can't say or my identity may become apparent.

I see, so speculation then.

I'd assert that if the Carlton club doctor resigned because the club staff ignored advice regarding the recruitment of a player, and that ultimately turned bad, it would be all over the media.

Our club leaks like a sieve and there is nothing about this anywhere, but you are telling me two senior staff ignored a Doctor's advice and made a stand-alone decision, the doctor would not even have to say a word and our club would have leaked that like diarrhea! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #124

I'd assert that if the Carlton club doctor resigned because the club staff ignored advice regarding the recruitment of a player, and that ultimately turned bad, it would be all over the media.

Our club leaks like a sieve and there is nothing about this anywhere, but you are telling me two senior staff ignored a Doctor's advice and made a stand-alone decision, the doctor would not even have to say a word and our club would have leaked that like diarrhea! ;)

Nah cause it was Swann, the teflon CEO, everyone's best mate.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #125
You are the one who made the assertion that we didn't take advice in your statement below!

So I appreciate you are ignoring the advice reported at the time that Buttifant had told Malthouse that Daisy was capable of making a full recovery, you write it off as smuck advice, fair enough. But you are making an even greater assumption that independent medical advice about Daisy would have been negative.

You don't know, you are just guessing and throwing darts!

So you think Buttifant, who is not a medical doctor or a physiotherapist and has a pretty clear conflict in this scenario, should be the authority on injuries?

Reply #126
We should have taken medical advice ahead of some schmuck's belief that he has the heart to work through the injury.

There's no point defending it, the only question is how McKay has survived it.

The same medical advise that said Judd was shot?

You win some, you lose some.

Just like when we recruited judd, we had to pay a hefty price to get him to jump ship. Not many players want to go to the bottom team.

Reply #127
You win some, you lose some.

That's an unacceptable excuse. The facts were there on the table, they were deliberately ignored. It wasn't a calculated risk, it was an abhorrent decision.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #128
That's an unacceptable excuse. The facts were there on the table, they were deliberately ignored. It wasn't a calculated risk, it was an abhorrent decision.

In hindsight, it appears obvious.

Judd could've backfired more though.

Imagine if he was shot. We gave up Kennedy, pick 3 and pick 20 for him.

At least daisy came for free in terms of what we gave up.
....NO....we didn't give up a first round compo pick, we never had it!

Reply #129
In hindsight, it appears obvious.

Judd could've backfired more though.

Imagine if he was shot. We gave up Kennedy, pick 3 and pick 20 for him.

At least daisy came for free in terms of what we gave up.
....NO....we didn't give up a first round compo pick, we never had it!

Daisy was never a Judd. Daisy had not played decent football for 2 years. The two simply do not compare at all. IMO.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #130
Daisy was never a Judd. Daisy had not played decent football for 2 years. The two simply do not compare at all. IMO.

It doesn't compare because it hurts your argument too much.

Use Brock McLean if you want. He was also shot, hadn't played decent football. Gave up pick 11 (12?) for him and he was on 'big' money at the time.

He was a dud, until he got his body right...after 2 years...then was an important part of the midfield - 'fab 4' material!

Beggars can't be choosers.

Daisy was 'taken' with pick 67 essentially. That was the next available pick that we didnt use because we got him as a free agent.

If you prefer we took pick 67 instead of daisy....good luck to you.

Reply #131

Take it whichever way you like. I know it to be fact.

Reply #132
It doesn't compare because it hurts your argument too much.

Use Brock McLean if you want. He was also shot, hadn't played decent football. Gave up pick 11 (12?) for him and he was on 'big' money at the time.

He was a dud, until he got his body right...after 2 years...then was an important part of the midfield - 'fab 4' material!

Beggars can't be choosers.

Daisy was 'taken' with pick 67 essentially. That was the next available pick that we didnt use because we got him as a free agent.

If you prefer we took pick 67 instead of daisy....good luck to you.

Huh? We gave up a first round pick as compensation for Betts. Talk about not acknowledging something because it hurts your argument. Don't even bother questioning what we would've got for Betts, been proven a million times over. And let's not question the wasted 700k_ per year of our cap. The whole thing has been a terrible error. Only those with an agenda would even bother continuing on with your argument. Just let it go, dud decision made for all the wrong reasons = dud result. EOS.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #133
Take it whichever way you like. I know it to be fact.

Lets examine what we have to accept for that assertion to be true.

We have to accept that officials within the club, many of whom wanted to get rid of Malthouse, knew that Malthouse and McKay went against the opinion of the club doctor to recruit Daisy which ultimately resulted in the club doctor resigning, yet through all the crape storm that was the ultimate demise of Malthouse they never leaked to the media, not once, not even a hint!

Really, I mean we are talking about Carlton officials are we? ???
The Force Awakens!

Reply #134
Huh? We gave up a first round pick as compensation for Betts. Talk about not acknowledging something because it hurts your argument. Don't even bother questioning what we would've got for Betts, been proven a million times over. And let's not question the wasted 700k_ per year of our cap. The whole thing has been a terrible error. Only those with an agenda would even bother continuing on with your argument. Just let it go, dud decision made for all the wrong reasons = dud result. EOS.

Not acknowledging it, i already covered it. We never had it.

What is to say that if we didn't take daisy we weren't going to taks someone else via free agency?

You ASSUME we were getting a first round compo. You ignore the possibility that we could've got someone else.

Again, hindsight.

How many people were happy with trading Fev? I was, and i was in the minority.
How many people were happy once fev capitulated and we became clear winners in the deal? With the benifit of hindsight, things appear a lot different.

How many people were happy with trading pick 7 away for pick 19, KJ and Whiley? again, i was in the minority.
How many people are happy with Boeky now and how we appear to be clear winners in that deal now? Hindsight.

You cannot get every deal right. Fact.
We didn't get the daisy deal right. Still playing out, but looking like a fact at present.
Was it worth the chance? Yes, and i'd do it all again tomorrow given the chance because the next one might turn out better ala Judd.