Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 4: Pre Game Pressure: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs (Read 41124 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 4: Pre Game Pressure: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs

Reply #150
Sorry, i'll re-phrase what i said about watching us lose. What i meant was the previous years i would turn the game off late 3rd/early 4th quarter as it would enrage me so much that the wife would leave the room.

I couldn't see any light at the end of the tunnel and i was beginning to hate footy.

Its a much different story thus far in 2016.

I'm actually watching all the way to the end without the neighbors thinking WW111 has erupted in our house.

So in saying that i'm happy to watch us lose is only that i can see light at the end of the long dark tunnel and i can actually take positives out of what im watching rather than throwing verbal abuse and beanies at the big screen and turning it off.

Hope that explanation clears anything up about losing  >:D

Here's hoping for some more "green shoots" tonight, namely Plowman and Sumner  ;)

Up the Baggers!

Reply #151
Sorry, i'll re-phrase what i said about watching us lose. What i meant was the previous years i would turn the game off late 3rd/early 4th quarter as it would enrage me so much that the wife would leave the room.

I couldn't see any light at the end of the tunnel and i was beginning to hate footy.

Its a much different story thus far in 2016.

I'm actually watching all the way to the end without the neighbors thinking WW111 has erupted in our house.

So in saying that i'm happy to watch us lose is only that i can see light at the end of the long dark tunnel and i can actually take positives out of what im watching rather than throwing verbal abuse and beanies at the big screen and turning it off.

Hope that explanation clears anything up about losing  >:D

Here's hoping for some more "green shoots" tonight, namely Plowman and Sumner  ;)

Up the Baggers!
You didnt have to explain BA, we knew where you were coming from buddy and agree 200% ;)
Go Blues.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #152
At long last there is some legitimate pressure on a few senior blokes this evening... including, Phillips, Casboult & Rowe. In fact Phillips is bloody lucky to be playing tonight ahead of Jones.

Unless Phillips has a blinder tonight we'd have to replace him with Jones and have Levi playing 2nd ruck.

If any of the small forwards don't put in tonight then Den Den would have to be considered.

Jones and Jaksch are already ahead of Everitt.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #153

Unless Phillips has a blinder tonight we'd have to replace him with Jones and have Levi playing 2nd ruck.

Is that you Jimbo?? ;D
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #157
At long last there is some legitimate pressure on a few senior blokes this evening... including, Phillips, Casboult & Rowe. In fact Phillips is bloody lucky to be playing tonight ahead of Jones.

If any of the small forwards don't put in tonight then Den Den would have to be considered.

Jones and Jaksch are already ahead of Everitt.

I suspect Phillips is playing at the moment because of a lack of confidence in Kreuzer's fitness. But I agree, he must be under significant pressure to hold a spot at the moment which is a good thing.

Andrejs Everitt is an interesting one, because he has all the ability but I suspect he is going to fall short in meeting Bolton's demand for unity and effort.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #158
I suspect Phillips is playing at the moment because of a lack of confidence in Kreuzer's fitness.

Interesting given that he's had a full preseason and was one of the standout performer when the witches hats are out. 

Reply #159
Its all about contested possies...Dogs are 3rd best at it and we are the 2nd worst team..so we need blokes who are prepared to put their head over the footy and commit to the contest when the ball is in dispute.....
Got a few taggers have the Dogs..Libba jr Picken, and even little Caleb Daniel had Sam Mitchell to run with last week so I reckon it will be a tagfest and we wont have any loose mids running on their own...going to be a hard slog and the Dogs will be playing on at every opportunity trying to run us into the ground..