Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 4: Pre Game Pressure: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs (Read 41227 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 4: Pre Game Pressure: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs

Reply #90
Crippa for us, The Bont for them. If nothing else I will be watching who shows more. These two will be compared for years to come as they are both excitement machines. To me it will be like the Judd v Ablett debate. Like Ablett, Bontempelli kicks more goals, Cripps does more heavy work inside. Two young guns who are unbelievably good to watch.

Watch out for Marcus Adams from the Dogs, I wanted him pre-draft, been a great pickup...tough, aggressive,.reckon he will have a picnic vs us with intercept marks..

Cripps>Bont...bit more substance to our man, the latter may have more flair but our man lifted last week when he was way down and thats the sign of a champ...

Reply #91
Tend to agree...this year is about finding 2-4 good young blokes who can play senior footy at a decent standard, then the same thing next year and building a core group to take the club forward.

DVR may not get another contract if he doesnt show something this season and he need some senior footy to make some judgements on his future...Cunningham can be held back and maybe just given a taste at years end. Boekhorst is another who needs a big season IMO, being a controversial Rogers choice wont help him either and he needs to show more than what he has so far...

Is there any other kind?
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #92
Is there any other kind?

True....I dont mind the Boeky man and reckon he has something to offer but he needs to get more footy and be less timid if he wants to stay on the list....

Reply #93
In : Plowman, Sumner and Lamb.

Out: Jamison (O), Whiley (O) & Boekhorst (hamstring)

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #94

Good to see Mr Plow and Sumner line up in the old dark navy blue. Still concerned about their match fitness though.

Cunningham also listed as an emergency.

Reply #95
Good to see Mr Plow and Sumner line up in the old dark navy blue. Still concerned about their match fitness though.

Cunningham also listed as an emergency.

don't care about their match fitness. We're not likely to win yet anyway so may as well get them fit in the senior. They'll do better than what was tehere still.

Reply #96

Looking better. Still 2 ruckmen but only one key forward. Our ruckmen are bloody useless forwards, we don't need two of them, prefer the extra key forward.

Reply #97
Well, we are now three weeks in and already White and Jamo are out, we are progressing. Next is that spudnik Rowe. Hope to see Buckley given a go off halfback or in the BP this week.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #98
Rowe only in that team to cover Boyd.  Though with the team defence he rarely ever seems to be on his direct match-up.

Reply #99
Bulldogs run a smallish forward line, don't need three tall defenders.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #100
Who will cover Stringer... Plowman?  Weeters?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #101
Well, we are now three weeks in and already White and Jamo are out, we are progressing. Next is that spudnik Rowe. Hope to see Buckley given a go off halfback or in the BP this week.

I couldn't agree more. Why bang your head against the wall with these blokes who have not been up to it for some time and like Jamo really NEEDED to be dropped.

Hopefully that frees him up mentally. He's been playing scared and for his own skin for so long he must have forgotten what playing good footy feels like. Good luck to him!

Reply #102
Looking better. Still 2 ruckmen but only one key forward. Our ruckmen are bloody useless forwards, we don't need two of them, prefer the extra key forward.

Totally agree.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #103
Great to see the new blood starting to come in more now!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #104
I couldn't agree more. Why bang your head against the wall with these blokes who have not been up to it for some time and like Jamo really NEEDED to be dropped.

Hopefully that frees him up mentally. He's been playing scared and for his own skin for so long he must have forgotten what playing good footy feels like. Good luck to him!

I hope Jamison can regain some form in the NBs.  At 75% of his best he's still a damn good defender, not to mention Wietering's mentor.

I like the ins, despite thinking that Plowman and Sumner would need another week in the NBs.  I don't think Bolton is in any danger of being afraid to make tough decisions  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball