Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 17: Post Game Paralysis: Carlton vs West Coast (Read 21419 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 17: Post Game Paralysis: Carlton vs West Coast

Reply #75
There are times on this site where it reminds me of some of the share / stock sites.  People pump up a stock ( in this case player) for their own interest.  The unabashed love and support for Kristian Jaksch (on multiple forums) by some individuals when he was playing like an uncommitted spud in the twos (has he seen many games live?) to his positive spin on his abismal performance yesterday (again did he see it live? I don't think the TV gives you a great perspective) tends to point to a vested interest.  Jaksch will get another game or two, only to confirm what we already know: he needs to be delisted.

While I tend to agree, there is a certain amount of Jaksch bashing in response to his tyres being pumped up so hard.

I wouldn't write him off just yet, and the club obviously sees an upside in a tall who can potentially play forward and back.  It will be interesting to see if he gets a run next week.  I think that he should, but it won't surprise me if he makes way for Levi.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #76
Apart from his performances last year, which I can't remember that much about, yesterday was the first time I'd seen Jaksch since then. Tbh, I didn't notice him that much and he certainly made little impact on the game. It will be very interesting to see whether he retains his spot this week as I would think that if the club sees a future for him with us then he would be given another game or two, especially in the light of our current ladder position. I would think that SOS knows him pretty well and is in an excellent position to judge his future potential.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #77
Id give him an extra year to see if he makes it, simply because  talented big guys don't grow on trees and we haven't got many at the club at the moment apart from the skinny kids.

Reply #78
Id give him an extra year to see if he makes it, simply because  talented big guys don't grow on trees and we haven't got many at the club at the moment apart from the skinny kids.

He's a legitimate swingman. Needs to put some meat on his body but still could be anything.....you'd think there might be issues with him outside of footy?

He is the least of our problems but no one could call him  LIST CLOGGER just yet.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #79
Whilst I hold concerns for KJ and whether he will make it, I do respect the fact that he didn't get a full preseason in and was hospitilised at one stage. This is not to be underestimated. I'd be happy to give him games in a year of change and learning, I don't think one game in the 1's under a new regime is enough to warrant a career defining decision on a bloke. I reckon alot of it is between the ears for KJ, perhaps a good run in the seniors will lift his confidence and make him feel like he belongs.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #80
Whether KJ should have been in the team last week is debatable, but  I would be surprised if he didn't get a couple more games now.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #81
I realise the MC have a plan for our forward line and it seems to involve only one big target, but I'd love to see 2 of either Cas, KJ or Jones playing at the same time.

It's almost a job that can't be done on it's own.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #82
We need to find a Fev!

Reply #83
We need to find a Fev!
Would love a new Fev, Looking back on some highlights recently , the dominance displayed when he was on song was amazing. Not many "forwards" in the league these days would have that authority. Far cry from what we have been putting on the park lately. Loved watching the highlights, would be many from the current pack

Reply #84
Would love a new Fev, Looking back on some highlights recently , the dominance displayed when he was on song was amazing. Not many "forwards" in the league these days would have that authority. Far cry from what we have been putting on the park lately. Loved watching the highlights, would be many from the current pack

tHE BLOKE would kick 50+ a year still if playing for any team, even us.

He was/is that good. And largely injury free throughout his career....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #85
Would be a hell of a come back now huh, imagine if he did & kicked 50...