Skip to main content
Topic: Round 8 Green Shoot of the Week (Read 9208 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 8 Green Shoot of the Week

Reply #15
Alex Silvagni's tackle on Gresham: for the 3rd time in 4 weeks Silvagni will probably win the tackle of the match from our match committee.  He ran down a faster guys and truly buried him. It was lovely to watch. One moment Gresha was fat and happy waltzing into a goal. The next moment he was crackling.

Where's the "like" button for that post ??
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #16
Team effort.
Cripps two goals and his marking in the forward line. If he can keep that up he will be even more dangerous with mis matches over smaller defenders. Just adds another string in our forward mix.

Reply #17
Jack Silvagni, work ethic is first class, this guy is going to be a genuine star

Reply #18
Alex S tackling.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #19
Cripps goals and work inside 50. It's the way forward for him(pardon the pun)

Reply #20
'Fight' was the shoot for me this week. Twice we were headed by a fair margin and twice we came back to hit the lead. With a bit of luck going our way we could have won the game. Good team effort.

Walking away from most games this year thinking to myself, "We'll win a flag before that mob..." haven't done that for a while!

Honorable mention to ASOS for THAT tackle.

Reply #21
'Fight' was the shoot for me this week. Twice we were headed by a fair margin and twice we came back to hit the lead. With a bit of luck going our way we could have won the game. Good team effort.

Walking away from most games this year thinking to myself, "We'll win a flag before that mob..." haven't done that for a while!

Honorable mention to ASOS for THAT tackle.

Yep, we definitely had the Saints very worried there when they were expected to get over the line pretty comfortably. The Saints fans around me were relieved more than anything in the end. As somebody on SEN said yesterday "You really have to fight now to beat the Blues". We're on the way without doubt.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #22
Charlie Curnow has improved every week and looks more and more dangerous...

Like Levi, when all those marks get clunked he becomes a massive threat.

Pass the popcorn...!!
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Reply #23
4th straight win for the Northern Blues. I'm really happy to see some growth, success, development and depth down in the 2's!!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #24
4th straight win for the Northern Blues. I'm really happy to see some growth, success, development and depth down in the 2's!!

Like  :)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #25
With this occurring, we should have more confident that who ever comes into the 1's will be able to do a job. I believe they have worked really hard to align the NBs and Carlton so that its seamless for the players.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #26
Williamson kicking his first goal from half back.

That was my green shoot too ... and I reckon it will be the first of many goals by young Tom.  He is going to be a really good, hard defender who could also play up the ground.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #27
That was my green shoot too ... and I reckon it will be the first of many goals by young Tom.  He is going really good, hard defender who could also play up the ground.

Can anybody provide any evidence at all that Williamson missed a target this year by foot?
I cannot remember him missing one. This kid is the steal of last years draft. Love him .
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #28

Can anybody provide any evidence at all that Williamson missed a target this year by foot?
I cannot remember him missing one. This kid is the steal of last years draft. Love him .
He's a ripper isn't he?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #29

x2...Best kick we have had for many a year.....add the evasive skills, acceleration and he is an exciting player.