Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 13: Post Game Prattling-Carlton v Fremantle (Read 38039 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 13: Post Game Prattling-Carlton v Fremantle

Reply #15
I know there are many who think he may have gone one season too many....and his skills aren't what they once were....but Kade Simpson stands among a group of players who would give their all for the team and is a credit to the jumper.

Reply #16
David King half time on Fox Footy: "This is horrific. I thought they had bottomed out but it appears there's a trap door. You have to question the rebuild, question everything. I know they say they don't need a priority pick but on what we've seen they need at least one if not two." 

Another skinny kid at pick 19 or another 4 GWS players they are about to delist?

We probably need picks 1 and 2......

ta Lods....for that edit

Reply #17
I know there are many who think he may have gone one season too many....and his skills aren't what they once were....but Kade Simpson stands among a group of players who would give their all for the team and is a credit to the jumper.

I admire his effort but having him as our "quarter back" doesn't work. He gets a lot of cheap kicks and the ones that hit the target have usually only traveled 15-20 metres.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #18
I'm a longtime bluebagger and generally optimistic. Today though..... positivity escapes me.

It was one of the most painful games I've watched. Particularly given we've had a bye, Freo haven't, and haven't won away games.

Haven't seen BB presser yet. Can't imagine what he'll say about what was a sub-AFL performance by a club that is wilting, infected by black beetle or white fly, or maybe it's white ants......
The only positives I saw today were in the AA batteries I swapped out of the tv remote at 3 qtr time.

Reply #19
I admire his effort but having him as our "quarter back" doesn't work. He gets a lot of cheap kicks and the ones that hit the target have usually only traveled 15-20 metres.

That may be true in part...I'm not so sure about the cheap kicks...I saw him earn a few today.

But the fact is the only player who could perform his role better is sitting on the sidelines with a set of headphones on his ears.

Reply #20

x2....shows pride and effort but he should be an accessory player these days rather than the main event still......we dont have a player to replace him either.

Reply #21

That's true, but he is so past it it's not funny. The fact that someone with his output is still thought of as one of our better players is a tell.

And the Priority Pick is a nonsense issue. We have had 40 odd changes in the last 3 years. Why the hell would one more suddenly make a difference ?

We have changed everything in the last 10 years except a few board members. And Andy Mac took over from Icke in October 2011. Say no more. 

Reply #22
That's true, but he is so past it it's not funny. The fact that someone with his output is still thought of as one of our better players is a tell.

And the Priority Pick is a nonsense issue. We have had 40 odd changes in the last 3 years. Why the hell would one more suddenly make a difference ?

We have changed everything in the last 10 years except a few board members. And Andy Mac took over from Icke in October 2011. Say no more.

Not "thought of"...actually is!...and that's a bigger tell!

Reply #23
Not "thought of"...actually is!...and that's a bigger tell!

I'm not one of those who thinks his output is all that great, but it's obviously relative, so I take your point

Reply #24
x2....shows pride and effort but he should be an accessory player these days rather than the main event still......we dont have a player to replace him either.

We do. His name is Sam Docherty ????
Keep the Faith

Reply #25
Someone on wikipedia has a mild sense of humour.

Reply #26
Hard to find positives today but thought SPS worked very hard both ways across the ground and never gave up.

Liked his game.

Reply #27
We do. His name is Sam Docherty ????

Different player IMO..Docherty defends as well as rebounds, Simpson is a pure rebounder these days which is fine but you have to hit up your targets more and setup play
better than he does by being a longer more penetrating kick.
An example is Laird of the Crows....doesnt defend much one on one but is a pure rebounder and his kicking is elite...

Luke Ryan kicked a goal because Simmo couldnt be bothered trying to spoil or defend and allowed the ball through to Ryan.......great getting 30 kicks but we need him to stop balls like that ending up an easy goal...not devaluing him as a footballer but he has his limitations these days and should retire IMO.

Reply #28
I'm not one of those who thinks his output is all that great, but it's obviously relative, so I take your point

Watch the "independent" observers of today's game in match reports over the next couple of days and I suspect you'll see Simpson prominent in the best players.

Reply #29
We had two quality players missing today in Murphy and Docherty, players of their calibre leave a big hole in a bottom side, but there's no way that they can be the difference between where we are and where we need to be.
We need to inject two or three quality kids and a couple of ready made players not of the Kerridge, Lamb, Phillips variety.
Easier said than done.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.