Skip to main content
Topic: Melbourne Storm (Read 9912 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Melbourne Storm

Reply #45
Thinking about our own Walsh and Cerra returning after a brief but enforced freshen up has reminded me that Ryan "The Golden Mullet" Papenhuyzen returns for the Storm this week.

Here's a bloke who was almost impossible to mark even when he was half-busted, maybe he'll be rusty, well I'm sure the opposition hope it!

But he's under the guidance of Craig "The Greatest Sporting Bellyache Coach in Existence" Bellamy who tends to bring them in cherry ripe for an immediate impact!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #46
Bellamy is a freak, anyone who watched last nights partly dead rubber would be in awe of the next generation of kids coming through under his guidance.

If you are interested in rugby at all have a look at the replay, in particular two new kids Grant Anderson and Sualauvi Fa'alogo.

Tries;
Grant Anderson 16'
Grant Anderson 32'
Sualauvi Faalogo 36'
Ryan Papenhuyzen 54'
Reimis Smith 68'
Sualauvi Faalogo 72'

(Anderson could have easily bagged a hat trick if not for grazing the touch line with his first.)

Makes me wonder if one day Vic might have a State of Origin team! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #47
You have to laugh at the NSW media trying it's best to beat up a story that Storm shopped Papenhuyzen around for trade.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #48
Wonderful win by the Storm. I won't post scores in case people want to watch replays. Best effort I have seen from a Storm side in many years. With that form, they could go all the way. All this without Cameron Munster.

Reply #49
Wonderful win by the Storm. I won't post scores in case people want to watch replays. Best effort I have seen from a Storm side in many years. With that form, they could go all the way. All this without Cameron Munster.
Yep, watched after our game, Harry Grant's first of many as captain. Pape what a player.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #50
What about our forwards without big Nelson :o Normally their pack monsters us also new rule regarding teams protecting their kicker allowed us to put pressure on cleary  great effort from welch after losing captaincy to show real grunt back to his old form hopefully! GO STormers

Reply #51
Papy and X, superstars.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #52
Lucky win, took some Coates magic to seal it, and the Warriors can feel rightly cheated. Still, good teams find a way.

Reply #53
Warriors pretty much ran roughshod over the Storm in the second half.  Good to get the 2 points though.