Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 19 Carlton v Collingwood -In game thread (Read 19786 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 19 Carlton v Collingwood -In game thread

Reply #30
Assistant coaches and skills coaches get around 200 grand a year plus, in some cases.

Ours should give the money back.

Reply #31
JBs coaching in this game won't be winning him many points.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #32
I mean to kick to a moving target is a basic skill that you practise from your early teens , is it a lack of intensity ? Confidence ? Or is it players just going through the motion and not really interested in there own personal display?

Reply #33
The irony is that this is just the kind of game that Yarran and Menzel could have played themselves back into form, with the opposition being so ordinary. We're helping to play Reid back into form.

Reply #34
Menzel, maybe, Baggers, not Yazz. His mind is definitely on other things.

Reply #35
The irony is that this is just the kind of game that Yarran and Menzel could have played themselves back into form, with the opposition being so ordinary. We're helping to play Reid back into form.

No...have to make a statement. ..this type of example should have been done to fevola years ago...

Reply #36
Yes , possibly Baggers , but without any mental commitment from them , it would be a few highlights and rest blah . Can wait for this season to close and wait for the cleansing, hard to say but , has to happen. Would be hard for any coach to lead a team of players without energy & intensity.

Reply #37
20 tackles from us to half time. 9 of our 21 blokes haven't laid a tackle.

Reply #38
Agree re Yaz, so where is his mind at? Everyone keeps hinting at an outside issue? So sad to see such a talent go to waste?

Reply #39
I'd still love it if we could beat the old enemy.

having said that though, if GC beat Brissy as they should, we go to 17th and hopefully we get as better draft pick as a result.

Reply #40
Fasolo really showing up our defence today. No pressure on him today , carving us up

Reply #41
Agree re Yaz, so where is his mind at? Everyone keeps hinting at an outside issue? So sad to see such a talent go to waste?

I have sent you a personal message, Robblues.

Reply #42

I should have put an emoticon next to my comment, it was a little tongue in cheek. We did the right thing dropping them both back though I think you're right that Menzel may have found something in this game but that is all based on the luxury of seeing how the game is unfolding and just how bad Rottingwood is, we run the risk of making them look better than they are. Sadly, we are just awful. Right back to the MM days of a few months back. Only a few playing with spirit. Don't think I've ever seen an opposition player break a Carrazzo tackle as easily as one was broken in the 2nd qtr. I really thought we'd show more than this, a lot more. 20 tackles to half time  ::) sheesh.