Skip to main content
Topic: Is there a place for Rowe? (Read 4651 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Is there a place for Rowe?

Reply #15
Yes.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #17
Not sure as it's a  mess right now....  When fit Docherty,  March bank and Williamson.   Then ACos,  Plowman and Simmo.  Chuck in Rowe or Weitering as options on the pine.

Problem is that most of that list are injured or horribly out of form.

I am Byrne fan but has been putrid recently and Mullet is just awful. That leaves us very short of running/rebounding options.   Jones makes too many basic errors, which invariably  cost goals.

I wanted to chase Trengrove as a FA last year. Better player than Rowe or Casboult.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #18
I wanted to chase Trengrove as a FA last year. Better player than Rowe or Casboult.

Maybe Prof, but he is another example of a gentleman footballer, and I think they just suffer in our system.

We made a philisophical decision when we kiboshed the likes of Fev, Robinson and Garlett.

We didn't want trouble even if it was talented trouble, we want to play football 1920s style, all handshakes, afternoon tea, dinner followed by port and cigars before a carriage ride home past the adoring fans!

Since then we've struggled to attract talent, because most of the talent we need wants to be surrounded by the harder edge, they want to win and not bother with smoked salmon quartets and tea cakes.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #19
Was it you who wanted to chase Watts?   Trengrove can play KP either end and ruck,  Watts is a soft finisher with dodgy training standards.

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #20
Was it you who wanted to chase Watts?   Trengrove can play KP either end and ruck,  Watts is a soft finisher with dodgy training standards.

Firstly, it's Jack Trengove you are interested in isn't it, not Jackson Trengrove?

I don't see a lot of difference between Jack Watts and Jack Trengove, very similar players playing very similar roles.

If I look at the stats as a cross check for my opinion, I find they are almost statistically inseparable.

http://www.finalsiren.com/PlayerCompare.asp?SeasonID=&Compare=Compare&PlayerName1=&PlayerName2=&PlayerName3=&PlayerName4=&SelectedPlayers=1986%2C1940%2C
The Force Awakens!

Reply #21
No reason Rowe couldn't play forward when he returns. He has shown goods signs before, this would allow Weitering to play back and let Jones run.

Reply #22
Yes,  Rowe back ASAP.  We must get our back six reorganised  ASAP and he is a key component.
Either Rowe or Alex Silvagni. We need the height, the strength, the one on one play and the leadership in defence. Jones can learn from them.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #23
I want to see the kids climbing a learning scaffold, not clinging to a life raft!

The kids don't let me down, the same old same olds do!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #24
Either Rowe or Alex Silvagni. We need the height, the strength, the one on one play and the leadership in defence. Jones can learn from them.

My sentiments exactly
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.