Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 4 2022 Post Game Permutations Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 4939 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 4 2022 Post Game Permutations Carlton vs Gold Coast

Here it is. Enjoy!
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 4 2022 Post Game Permutations Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #1
Terrible loss. Continued our form from the last 3 quarters last week.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #2
Now we sit 7th with 102%
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #3
Well, that was disgraceful.

Test is for this group now is not about the loss but how they rebound.

Reply #4
Well the lid is still firmly on.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #5
Actually only won 7 out of 16 qtrs this year.

Reply #6
Terrible loss. Continued our form from the last 3 quarters last week.

Spot on.

Wasn't confident at all.

Holiday is over. Hung on against Dogs and Dawks. 8)

Positive is that we play the bottom team next Sunday 💪

Reply #7
As bad as I've seen us play, well, since last year  :o . Perhaps now we can offload pretenders like LOB and Setterfield and include the Stocker's and Kemp's. Lot's of terrible disposal and bad option decisions. guys like Williams get plenty of it but concede goals by poor execution. Saad, Doc and Hewitt out best IMO. The rest need to go back and have a good long hard look. Even Walsh made mistakes but you can't fault him. He just gives his all. Cripps out doesn't help. Was holding the hammy HIGH on his leg. Not good. Great time to be coming up against a 0-4 Port.

Reply #8
Won't be winning many games without a dual ruck setup, Pittonet is our Nankervis, not pretty but very competitive and a strong presence.
Young is handy but McDonald for me is a safer bet down back.
Stocker has to come in to give us another smaller defender who defends..
Williams, Newman, Saad, Docherty, Boyd all rebound well but it's one too many rebounders for me..
Cerra needs to contest better, pulled up short with the oncoming player think it was Weller and it's not good enough.
Martin and Fisher got junk time kicks but we're missing most of the game, Setterfield also very quiet, O'Brien was reasonable. Plowman...??. Never thought I'd say this but McGovern's absence has hurt our structure..

Reply #9
I don't know how Fisher and Martin get games at the moment EB.  Martin just doesn't do enough for mind,  promised much,  delivered very little.   Don't know why he always gets rushed back,  needs to start earning his place
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #10
Hard to hide your deficiencies sometimes.  Woeful performance really

Reply #11
We had the prelude to this last week so I was not entirely surprised.  Have the players already grown tired of Vossy? A disgraceful effort imo.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #12
Won't be winning many games without a dual ruck setup, Pittonet is our Nankervis, not pretty but very competitive and a strong presence.
Williams, Newman, Saad, Docherty, Boyd all rebound well but it's one too many rebounders for me..
Cerra needs to contest better, pulled up short with the oncoming player think it was Weller and it's not good enough.
Martin and Fisher got junk time kicks but we're missing most of the game, Setterfield also very quiet, O'Brien was reasonable. Plowman...??. Never thought I'd say this but McGovern's absence has hurt our structure..

Agreed.  We desperately missed McGovern’s closing speed and distribution.

Kennedy was also woeful today and if he wants to be taken seriously his best and worst can’t be that far apart.

Our work rate and positioning on transition wasn’t up to it again, so Voss has got his work cut out.

Reply #13
Today may have been a disaster, but it wasn't the end of the world. It showed that we haven't got a plan B as yet, and plan A went out the window when Pittonet didn't come up. Witts' dominance was the difference.
[1] Pittonet to return transforms our midfield. With Lycett suspect with a shoulder, this week's major weakness could become our weapon.
[2] Cripps going off hurt us badly. He will be missed, but it does give Dow a chance, assuming he is fully fit.
[3] Boyd probably goes out for Stocker, who had a solid game today. Stocker has advantages, especially as he can play different roles.
[4] If Setters gets dropped, then he will be a little unlucky. He did have 20 possessions. However, his lack of intensity could be his downfall. Certainly both Newnes and Cottrell put their hands up to replace him. For that matter, Lochie O'Brien had it considerably less than Setters did.
[5] Fisher would be one to look at. He hasn't really hit his straps as yet. With Durdin available, as well as Motlop, Carroll and Williamson, there is pressure on him. Only 1 tackles today and 1 clearance. Not enough!
[6] Young could make way for Oscar Mac, but that is no certainty.
[7] I'm worried about Plowman at the moment. He doesn't seem to be anywhere near his best. He doesn't look fully fit, to be honest. I'd like to see him get some form and fitness in the VFL, but I'm not sure that is going to happen.
[8] Jack Martin continues to disappoint me. He simply doesn't do enough often enough. If Honey were fit, I'd be spelling Martin. However, Honey isn't there yet.
[8] Fogarty has to go. Too easy to out-body and doesn't do enough.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #14
We never play well against GC and especially in there. Why? I don’t know, but I am one of few obviously that knew this was not a given win. How bad they were also didn’t really surprise after last weeks limp to the line.

Still think things have changed for the better overall and not bad to have the lesser talents displayed brightly, some just never work hard enough.

Onto next week. Assume we will win convincingly, seemed after Daddy Cripps went off we went to pieces, even Weiters was crap today.