Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 14 2023 Post Game Passion Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 4524 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 14 2023 Post Game Passion Carlton vs Gold Coast

Remember to use this as soon as the game is over.
My expectations at pretty low at this point.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 14 2023 Post Game Passion Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #1
Good effort. We should go into the bye with 4 points, the usual harassers off our backs for a bit, a little confidence, have a good rest and come back for what is hopefully a good showing in the remaining games.

Happy 100th to Harry.

Reply #2
What a difference. Thrashed in the ruck but wrestled back clearances from a very good clearance side.

The emergence of Kemp, Cincotta, and even Boyd kicking i50 improves our ball movement significantly. Cerra, Charlie, and Doc getting help and as a result we give our fwds the advantage.

The tackling pressure was phenomenal. Hardly recognisable from what we've shown recently. Pressure i50 and hard work to create options was outstanding. I expect Martin, Fogarty, and Owies may initiate much of it, but it seems to motivate the others. Big H with some top chase and tackle pressure.

Well done all round 👏🏼
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #3
Good effort. We should go into the bye with 4 points, the usual harassers off our backs for a bit, a little confidence, have a good rest and come back for what is hopefully a good showing in the remaining games.

Happy 100th to Harry.
Its like another side ran out after qtr time. Kemps best game for us for sure, Doc and Kennedy were excellent as was Cerra (our most consistent player all year).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #4
Its like another side ran out after qtr time. Kemps best game for us for sure, Doc and Kennedy were excellent as was Cerra (our most consistent player all year).

Yes agree. Cerra has been building a nice body of work over the several weeks. One of those types who goes about his business in a quiet, unassuming manner, so much that you often don't notice the good things he does. Has been pretty much the only mid who has really stepped up in Cripps' "absence".

Reply #5
Good way to celebrate a few milestones.
Harry's 100th
TDK 50th
Crippa's 100th as captain

Let's hope this is the game that turns our season around. We should at least take some confidence away. Something we desperately need.

Highlight. Watching Vossy's smile from the boundary line q4 after Owies goal.
Henry Ford.

Reply #6
Apparently that unbroken run of 12 goals through the 2nd and 3rd is our best effort in 25 years.

Reply #7
Yes agree. Cerra has been building a nice body of work over the several weeks. One of those types who goes about his business in a quiet, unassuming manner, so much that you often don't notice the good things he does. Has been pretty much the only mid who has really stepped up in Cripps' "absence".
Cerra has been dynamite it what has been a disastrous year. I read somewhere that statistically, he is close to being on par with Butters from Port who is the 2nd favourite for the Brownlow.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #8
Cerra has been dynamite it what has been a disastrous year. I read somewhere that statistically, he is close to being on par with Butters from Port who is the 2nd favourite for the Brownlow.

Is that right ? Would be fantastic if true.

Reply #9
I also found the booing of Casboult by our supporters strange, we delisted the poor bastard and he subsequently went looking for another opportunity at the other end of the country.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #10
Is that right ? Would be fantastic if true.
Check it out pretty close

https://www.afl.com.au/stats/leaders?category=Key+Stats&seasonId=52&roundId=-1&roundNumber=0&sortColumn=disposals&sortDirection=descending&positions=All&teams=All&benchmarking=false&dataType=averages&playerOneId=null&playerTwoId=null

https://www.afl.com.au/stats/compare?category=Disposals&seasonId=52&roundId=-1&roundNumber=0&sortColumn=disposals&sortDirection=descending&positions=All&teams=All&benchmarking=false&dataType=averages&playerOneId=CD_I1002239&playerTwoId=CD_I1006121
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #11
Amazing how when a side is switched on how suddenly ball movement and use suddenly improves out of sight.

Reply #12
I also found the booing of Casboult by our supporters strange, we delisted the poor bastard and he subsequently went looking for another opportunity at the other end of the country.

Please can we just stop with the booing already. Making fools out of ourselves is not what we want. Booing the big fella is akin to booing yourself.
Henry Ford.

Reply #13
Amazing how when a side is switched on how suddenly ball movement and use suddenly improves out of sight.
They weren't switched on in the first qtr mate
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #14
On level 2 didn’t hear any booing for casboult, and hope it was a small minority. Fckwits.

Great send off for the boys by supporters on level 2 today at half time 👏🏽 bloody awesome!

Great amazing result, so pleased for the boys, just wish Walsh hadve kicked a goal!

I think this result shows something clearly - when under intense sustained in close pressure, we cannot withstand it.  GC did not do this and we are a good side against that play.  It’s the intense pressure of Collingwoods or Melbourne’s, we can’t deal with.  Fix that or learn to withstand it, and we’ll be good to go!!!

Go Baggers, bloody great game to watch live today 👏🏽