Skip to main content
Topic: Practice Match: Blues vs. Sandringham at Visy (Read 12740 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Practice Match: Blues vs. Sandringham at Visy

Reply #15
It would be interesting to know what the objectives of the Northern Blues are. Winning may not rate highly.

Yesterday I watched the Eagles and Dockers aligned teams East Perth and Peel Thunder go at it. looked like East Perth (Eagles) where intent on winning the game, but Peel looked a little more disjointed and looked to me to be playing a one or two of guy's out of position.

East Perth won well but they were in last years granny and I think Peel were a couple down on the bench.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #16
http://northernbluesfc.com.au/news/326-nbfc-sandringham-deliver-blues-wake-up-call.html

Sandringham deliver Blues wake-up call

by Kris Neil

A sharp-shooting Sandringham have defeated the Northern Blues in their final contest of the pre-season, the home side going down by 66 points at Visy Park on Saturday afternoon.

The Zebras kicked six unanswered goals to begin the game, with their fleet footed forwards – lead by Trent Dennis Lane (four goals) - causing headaches for the Blues defense all afternoon.

Northern were unable to weather the ferocious pressure applied at the contests, with Sandringham winning each quarter despite losing the possession count by 37.

Levi Casboult did his best to will his team back into the contest, with both of his goals coming from strong contested marks in the second quarter.

But Sandringham exploited the Blues turnovers in their back half, with efficient counter attacking football, creating opportunities for open goals and deep marks for their forwards.

Northern were made to rue their missed opportunities in front of goal, registering a disappointing 4 goals and 10 behinds from their 40 inside 50 entries.

Several players stood tall for the Blues in spite of the heavy defeat, with youngsters Cameron Giles and Patrick Cripps performing gallantly all afternoon.

Giles gathered 16 possessions in three quarters while limiting the impact of Sandringham’s Tom Lee in his key defensive post, while Cripps registered 16 possessions to compliment his three inside fifties and two tackles.

Nick Graham also continued his stellar form, picking up 30 possessions to be considered among Northern’s best.

Cameron Wood was dominant in the ruck contributing 45 hit outs to help the midfield draw level in the clearances at 30 a piece.

Speaking with northernbluesfc.com.au post game, Giles expressed his disappointment in the loss but said it the focus was on regrouping for the clash against Williamstown.

“It felt good to get my hands on the ball a bit, but obviously it’s always disappointing when the team loses,” Giles said.

“It didn’t click for us today, unfortunately our structures got held down a bit.

“We’ll regroup now and hopefully be a bit more vocal and physical by the time we play against the Seagulls.”

Northern Blues next game is against Williamstown in their Round 1 match on Sunday, April 6.

NORTHERN BLUES                 0.3       2.6       3.8      4.10 (34)
SANDRINGHAM ZEBRAS       6.1       9.3       12.4     16.4 (100)

GOALS:Casboult 2, Dufficy, Wilkinson
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #17
IN Casboult, Giles, Wood, Cripps, Graham :D

Reply #18
IN Casboult, Giles, Wood, Cripps, Graham :D

Outs ??

Sorry, probably the wrong thread to take this further!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #19
Wish I knew why McAfee won't let me visit the NBs website. Tried to follow the link about to the article on the NBs website and I got the big red cross indicating the site is unsafe!!! >:(
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #20
Wish I knew why McAfee won't let me visit the NBs website. Tried to follow the link about to the article on the NBs website and I got the big red cross indicating the site is unsafe!!! >:(

Same thing happened to me over the week-end.  >:(
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #21

I clicked "visit anyway" and the world didn't end. McAfee is like an overprotective parent from the 1950's. ;)
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #22
Baggers try adding the NB's website to your list of trusted sites.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #23
Macafee? You're living in the past Baggers, quite living in the past!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #24

So rather than a cheap shot... what would you suggest I do to overcome this problem? That's what I was asking for.

Reply #26
Baggers try adding the NB's website to your list of trusted sites.

Will do, thank you, 3 Leos... :)

Reply #27

So rather than a cheap shot... what would you suggest I do to overcome this problem? That's what I was asking for.

Sheesh it was a joke, from the Simpsons? "You're livin the past Marge....quit livin in the past!".

TBH I use Trendo Micro Security and it's the best. Want to know why? Because I never even know that it's there!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #28

Sheesh it was a joke, from the Simpsons? "You're livin the past Marge....quit livin in the past!".

TBH I use Trendo Micro Security and it's the best. Want to know why? Because I never even know that it's there!

I'll have a look at Trendo... thank you. And I don't watch the Simpsons.  :)

Reply #29
Whoops that should read Trend!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!