[ 6 ] (5.3%)
46 - Ellard
[ 4 ] (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: April 04, 2014, 11:02:18 pm

Topic: R2 - WORST on ground (Read 10750 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R2 - WORST on ground

Reply #15
Very harsh on Gibbs, he was tagged heavily last night, for the first time. How many times has Murphy been tagged out of the game and had his opponent kick a few and all we here is how he needs support and it's not his fault. At least Gibbs laid six tackles so he was trying to impact the game in a different way. Very harsh indeed.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #17
Warnock did some lovely taps straight down the oppositions throat.

I tell you why I think he is lucky not to be worst on ground, because he did manage a Nil All draw with Hampson and 206 laid a couple of reasonable tackles. But zero marks for a bloke 206cm tall is still damning.

When 206 missed that set shot he pretty much sucked the life out of the team for a period. The emotion that comes with a miss like that takes a toll, same for Waite's and Garlett's.

I cannot recall the last one 206 missed, if it was as bad as last night, but I think it was when he fainted playing Geelong. I wonder if he end up in hospital this week, maybe from a loss of heart?

As a team we have too many chokers, we cannot improve when blokes spend as much time destroying team confidence as they do trying to win the ball.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #18
I thought Rowe was pretty stiff with some of the calls against him in the first half and, although he was ordinary for the most part, I thought he was good in the last quarter.

I agree with that.  If those two dubious decisions had gone Rowe's way, we would have been a lot closer on the scoreboard and Rowe would have been one of our better players.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #19
Rowe wouldn't be on my list for worst on ground.

Thought Garlett, McLean, Warnock, Gibbs and Robinson ahead of him.

Reply #20
Rowe wouldn't be on my list for worst on ground.

Thought Garlett, McLean, Warnock, Gibbs and Robinson ahead of him.

Not sure why you have Robbo in that list, I thought he stepped up a level from last week especially towards the end of the game. He was one of only a couple left gut running, there are half a dozen other who had less impact on the game. Not justifying his disposal, but if he got 50 possessions and BOG his disposal would still be poo!

Robbo should be worked in one of two ways, inside F50 to hurt opponents and have at least a crack at kicking a goal, something many of our blokes are reluctant to do. Despite the missed shots how many times did we fail to fire a shot from fecking around on the F50 arc? Alternatively, you give him a Curnow type stopping job, let him pester a bloke like Cotchin or Ellis until the crack.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #21
Bell was the worst player on the ground in the first half when most the damage was done.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #22
Bell was the worst player on the ground in the first half when most the damage was done.

I saw it different ...Bell attacked the footy and chased, sure he ballsed up some disposals but he did have a crack.....Mclean and Gibbs were unsighted and stayed that way for the entire game.
I also thought Robbo was missing and Menzel didnt touch it either.....the latter has to learn to chase and put the body in, the good teams small/mid sized forwards create pressure, he is a just a cherrypicker at this stage and  has to contest better.

Reply #23
I don't understand why Robbo isn't played across half forward with the odd burst on the ball.

He's a better contested mark than most of our smaller guys as he throws himself at the ball and is prepared to take a hit to win the pill.  His rough looking kicking action is normally pretty good on set shots as well.  Plus he would tackle manically to keep the ball in F50.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #24
I don't understand why Robbo isn't played across half forward with the odd burst on the ball.

He's a better contested mark than most of our smaller guys as he throws himself at the ball and is prepared to take a hit to win the pill.  His rough looking kicking action is normally pretty good on set shots as well.  Plus he would tackle manically to keep the ball in F50.

I agree, I think we are just lacking the necessary options.

I saw it different ...Bell attacked the footy and chased, sure he ballsed up some disposals but he did have a crack.....Mclean and Gibbs were unsighted and stayed that way for the entire game.
I also thought Robbo was missing and Menzel didnt touch it either.....the latter has to learn to chase and put the body in, the good teams small/mid sized forwards create pressure, he is a just a cherrypicker at this stage and  has to contest better.

I agree EB1, Bell although untidy cracked in and that is what we want blokes having a crack.

In the first quarter and a half I thought Menzel, Daisey and Robbo spent a lot of time running around without getting involved in very much at all. However, all three were much better in the second half.

McLean and Gibbs had possibly their worst ever games in the same match, they look disenchanted and as a result I suspect all is not well at Carlton! If the Kreuzer rumor was confirmed pre-match that could explain things, SpecialK is very well liked amongst the playing group.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #25

Proff he played a fair chunk across half fwd with bursts on ball.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #26

I wish Bell went missing, every time he touched the ball Richmond got a goal. To his credit he crashed and bashed and played some better footy in the second half but it no where near made up for the damage that was already done.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #27
I wish Bell went missing, every time he touched the ball Richmond got a goal. To his credit he crashed and bashed and played some better footy in the second half but it no where near made up for the damage that was already done.

Hmm, in the first half I'd be more worried about the blokes who didn't touch the ball!  ;)  ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #28
He did score our first major of the match.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #29

Hmm, in the first half I'd be more worried about the blokes who didn't touch the ball!  ;)  ;D

I just said I'd rather Bell didn't touch the ball, he kept fumbling and turning the ball over.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!