Skip to main content
Topic: Dylan Buckley - Round 2 Rising Star Nominee (Read 16015 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Dylan Buckley - Round 2 Rising Star Nominee

Reply #15
The only shining light in a disaster of season start. Well done young man, thoroughly deserved. #SOJ
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #16
Well deserved for Dylan Buckley and lets hope that form continues vs Essendon....
Youth rarely lets you down......agree Cripps, Graham need to get a nomination to give the club another boost and I'll even throw in Tom Bell...

Reckon he's played too many games...might be too old too.

Plus, he's a hack!  :P

I guess when Bell plays 100 games and qualifies under your award winning formula as a succesful recruit you will claim him as another Wayne Hughes recruiting success......speaking of hacks... :)

Reply #17
Well done young Bucks.
On a side note, Carlton would have to be the least nominated club for The Rising Star. From memory I think Yaz has been nominated. Off the top of my head I cant think of another player who has been nominated. Great Recruiting Hughes

Reply #18
Great news!! Son of a GUN!!
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #19
Well done young Bucks.
On a side note, Carlton would have to be the least nominated club for The Rising Star. From memory I think Yaz has been nominated. Off the top of my head I cant think of another player who has been nominated. Great Recruiting Hughes

Here's a list ---> http://www.blueseum.org/tiki-index.php?page=Rising+Star+Nominees

Reply #22
Great Recruiting Hughes

He was F/S so it wasn't rocket science. ;)

FWIW we are one of only 5 clubs to have never won one, and Gold Coast have 2!!

Win a Rising star?  or a nom? we had a nom - Prince Jeffy.

Win!
We had 24 noms before Bucks.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #23
Best news we've had this year thus far.....brilliant effort seeing as he unbelievably didn't even make the best player list in the Hun last Friday morning :o
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #24
Well done young Bucks.

Here's a list ---> http://www.blueseum.org/tiki-index.php?page=Rising+Star+Nominees

Thanks for that, but I meant since Yaz I cant think of another player. Your list shows Gartlett, so I missed one

Reply #25
One thing I have neglected to do in the aftermath of our loss to Richmond was to acknowledge how well Dylan Buckley played.

I have had my doubts about whether he would make it as an AFL player and, while it's still early days (or early doors as an ex-coach used to say), I'm happy to admit that I was wrong.

SOJ (I don't think that will catch on) showed pace, a very good ability to read the play, good decision making, strong tackling and a bit of fire.  He certainly deserved his Rising Star nomination and I'm sure we'll see a lot more of him in future.

Well done Dylan!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #26
DB - awesome!

Reply #27
I suppose there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Well done DYlan.

Reply #28
No light, no tunnel, just a drop of positivity in an ocean of bullcrap expectations.

One rising star nomination doesnt make a player.  He has effectively been picked as one to watch moving forward as he has a future.

That should be the minimal expectation that we have on our youngsters.  Instead, we seem to have the opposite.  We are so entrenched in failure we have no idea how to recognise success.

You wont see a proper club patting a bloke on the back for a rising star nomination.  They will simply give the guy a pat on the back and on we go.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #29
Nah plenty of light at the end of the tunnel with this kid for me, he is something special.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!