Skip to main content
Topic: Dylan Buckley - Round 2 Rising Star Nominee (Read 16016 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Dylan Buckley - Round 2 Rising Star Nominee

Reply #30
Carrots, im not debating his worth right now he has been ratified as future prospect that we all think he is going to be.

Good.

That should be the benchmark for all our recruits.  The expectations need to lift at all levels for this place, and having a bloke on the list for 3 years not getting a game, and not even looking the goods when he gets his chance finally is just not good enough anymore.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #31
Good work, and congrats to Dylan. Don't let's get ahead of ourselves and put too much pressure on him to soon though.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #32
Good work, and congrats to Dylan. Don't let's get ahead of ourselves and put too much pressure on him to soon though.

We'll Carltonise him soon enough...
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #33
This kid thrives on pressure.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #35
Terrific news. I love what MM has done in terms of teaching him to have a defensive game. Perhaps even making him, in the short term, a small defender / back pocket.

In the NBs he played as a mid and / or small forward and tended to fade in and out of games. And when he was on he looked really good, but too often just vanished. Now being down back means he cannot afford lapses in concentration and is learning the caper nicely and no doubt learning about his real potential.

At this stage, only up side. Must be given consistent games in the Seniors now.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #37
Problem is we have heap of guys who play there best footy at half back...

Russell, Gibbs, Henderson, Yarran, Simpson, Scotland, Buckley, Tuohy... (have left Walker out as his best footy is forward) and then recruit, Bootsma, Davies, O'Keefe, Docherty, Temay etc. as small medium defenders...

happy for Bucks to be that small defender that we have lacked as his skills were stood out as well as his pace and mongrel. I wrote him off in the preseason but i was so excited by his game.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #38
Problem is we have heap of guys who play there best footy at half back...

Russell, Gibbs, Henderson, Yarran, Simpson, Scotland, Buckley, Tuohy... (have left Walker out as his best footy is forward) and then recruit, Bootsma, Davies, O'Keefe, Docherty, Temay etc. as small medium defenders...

happy for Bucks to be that small defender that we have lacked as his skills were stood out as well as his pace and mongrel. I wrote him off in the preseason but i was so excited by his game.

Lost me at Russell

Reply #39
I wrote him off in the preseason but i was so excited by his game.

If only we had won, then I could go back and watch him again. Too painful to watch anything at all after losing like that.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #40
We have been praying for a decent small defender since....  Adrian Whitehead?  Matty Hogg?  I can't remember it's been so long.

I worry about his body shape and build for longevity the top level, plus his history of very severe football-caused injuries (eg shoulders).  Jim was also very light but only ran one way - fast, straight and hard.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #41
We have been praying for a decent small defender since....  Adrian Whitehead?  Matty Hogg?  I can't remember it's been so long.

I worry about his body shape and build for longevity the top level, plus his history of very severe football-caused injuries (eg shoulders).  Jim was also very light but only ran one way - fast, straight and hard.
DNA
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #42
Watching the rising sun video... gees Buckley copped some treatment.  The Griffiths foot thing was accidental but very, very clumsy and could have been paid as a trip, but whatever Vickery attempted to do was totally unnecessary and should have been penalised ....  pretty weak stuff from Vickery IMO.  And fancy getting pushed over by a bloke 25 kilos lighter...
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #43
Watching the rising sun video... gees Buckley copped some treatment.  The Griffiths foot thing was accidental but very, very clumsy and could have been paid as a trip, but whatever Vickery attempted to do was totally unnecessary and should have been penalised ....  pretty weak stuff from Vickery IMO.  And fancy getting pushed over by a bloke 25 kilos lighter...

Yep. Dylan reminded me of my Staffie the way he went after Vickery, a much larger dog!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #44
Congrats to young Dylan, he played well and I look forward to seeing him play many more good games in Navy Blue!!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!