Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 15: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 36849 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 15: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #30
Murphy had 29 touches, 9 tackles and 5 inside 50's.

I don't think it was his fault we didn't win today. Sure, he may have played better previously, but he was far from our worst out there.

C. Curnow could very well get his rising star nomination after todays performance.
22 touches (18 kicks), 11 marks (4 contested!), 4 inside 50's and a goal.

Reply #31
If Fisher needs to go down a level, then Murphy can lead the way. Our so called captain repeated last week's performance. Trade bait. Get rid of him while he has currency.

I think we saw a glimpse today of why Murph has gone from 'ball whisperer' to 'ball butcherer'.  When he wrenched his knee he looked like a man who was resigned to the worst possible outcome - didn't want to put any weight on it but eventually, gradually hobbled to his feet and gingerly played on.  I suspect he has that feeling that every sudden turn or twist may be his last. Just a theory, but would definitely sap your confidence.

Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #32
@Baggers
I'd give Sheehan another week at least, it's a long time since he's played senior footy.
Agree about Charlie Curnow, he's a very impressive youngster with a big future, once he settles fully into the rhythm he'll be awfully hard to match up on.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #33
Murphy had 29 touches, 9 tackles and 5 inside 50's.

I don't think it was his fault we didn't win today. Sure, he may have played better previously, but he was far from our worst out there.

C. Curnow could very well get his rising star nomination after todays performance.
22 touches (18 kicks), 11 marks (4 contested!), 4 inside 50's and a goal.

Murphy has become a whipping boy and I don't really know why. For me has has just started to really become a real leader in the last couple of years, before that he tried to lead in the Chris Judd way. I love Judd, but my understanding is he was a very introverted leader.

I am VERY interested to watch this replay almost exclusively to watch Curnow's game. I thought that last week he was pretty fantastic and if we won would have been a serious rising star nominee contender and after missing today's game his were the first stats I looked up.

Did he game match his stats?
He is starting to get me very excited is young Charlie
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #34
Murphy has become a whipping boy and I don't really know why. For me has has just started to really become a real leader in the last couple of years, before that he tried to lead in the Chris Judd way. I love Judd, but my understanding is he was a very introverted leader.

I am VERY interested to watch this replay almost exclusively to watch Curnow's game. I thought that last week he was pretty fantastic and if we won would have been a serious rising star nominee contender and after missing today's game his were the first stats I looked up.

Did he game match his stats?
He is starting to get me very excited is young Charlie
Whilst he made some silly errors, I think he was one of our 4 qtr performers, didnt stop trying and got some real heat attention wise.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #35
@Baggers
I'd give Sheehan another week at least, it's a long time since he's played senior footy.
Agree about Charlie Curnow, he's a very impressive youngster with a big future, once he settles fully into the rhythm he'll be awfully hard to match up on.

I agree and hope he does get another go. I'm a bit biased re Sheehan, love to see him make it but some of his foot passing early on was not so good. Fingers crossed.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #36
I agree and hope he does get another go. I'm a bit biased re Sheehan, love to see him make it but some of his foot passing early on was not so good. Fingers crossed.

First week back after so long out - I thought he was better than some others and worthy of a few more games to find his feet.

Reply #37

Jones' rebirth is frankly staggering, no one in their wildest dreams would have thought him capable of this sort of football.

I thought he could make it at FB and told him so (2 years ago)  ;D but I am still surprised at just how impressive he has been. :o

Reply #38

Wasnt so much his foot passing as I can forgive that for being rusty  it was that dropped mark where he didnt want the ball or the contact...and it cost a goal.

Reply #39
If you consider Sheehan has hardly played - at all - he wasn't too bad. But I'd rather have Williamson in the team.

First time I have seen Liam Jones live since his resurrection - he was sensational.  It's hard to believe.

We could have won today... Adelaide are going to be top 4, and will be hard to beat at home...  but geez, they like to run ahead of the ball. Not sure that is going to stand up come finals time.

Reply #40
I thought he could make it at FB and told him so (2 years ago)  ;D but I am still surprised at just how impressive he has been. :o
Seriously RR, if you made that call 2 years ago then my estimation of your football nous goes up another notch, and it was already at a high level. You should be offering your services to our football department on a consultancy basis! ;)
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #41
Seriously RR, if you made that call 2 years ago then my estimation of your football nous goes up another notch, and it was already at a high level. You should be offering your services to our football department on a consultancy basis! ;)

I think he was...
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #42
its a scacred cow thing. He can play, no doubt. Our problem is, he plays when he feels like it, rarely when its crunch time lately

What an absolute pile of crap that is. An opinion of years gone by. Murphy has been consistently in our best 5 and has well surpassed those days when he would pick and choose - if he ever has.

Reply #43
Whilst he made some silly errors, I think he was one of our 4 qtr performers, didnt stop trying and got some real heat attention wise.

Cheers looking forward to watching it despite the loss
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL