Skip to main content
Topic: Jamo declares Hendo a Star (Read 8746 times) previous topic - next topic

Jamo declares Hendo a Star

[urlhttp://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2013-07-16/jamison-declares-hendo-our-most-important][/url]

Lachie Henderson has become Carlton's most important player and the equal of any swingman in the AFL, teammate Michael Jamison says.

The 23-year-old had previously been thrown forward only occasionally mid-match this season, most effectively in the narrow round seven loss to the Saints when he kicked three final-quarter goals to give the Blues a chance of victory.

Swingmen have become must-have players following the success of other defenders-turned-forwards like Geelong's Harry Taylor, Essendon's Jake Carlisle and Collingwood's Ben Reid.

Blues full-back Jamison, who has formed a strong defensive combination with Henderson this season, believes his mate deserves to be regarded as highly as that prized trio.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Re: Jamo declares Hendo a Star

Reply #1
Rock down back, kicks goals up forward. Not a big stretch to say he's our most important player.

Reply #2
If only we could clone him.

The more he plays up forward, the more inclined I am to want us to chase a backman in the trade period.

I know a lot of people are caught up on Frawley, but I think we should also consider cutting St Kilda's lunch and making a move on Mitch Brown.

Lachie Hansen's name has also been thrown up and would be worth considering.

Both would be a lot cheaper than Frawley, Brown especially shouldn't cost us much given he's out of contract. 3rd round pick at most.

Reply #3

The more he plays up forward, the more inclined I am to want us to chase a backman in the trade period.

I know a lot of people are caught up on Frawley, but I think we should also consider cutting St Kilda's lunch and making a move on Mitch Brown.

Both would be a lot cheaper than Frawley, Brown especially shouldn't cost us much given he's out of contract. 3rd round pick at most.

Unfortunately I think we've missed the boat on Hansen, who appears to have found an ability to take 1000 marks a game in defence.

We could have nabbed him for a 4th rounder a year or two ago but didn't have the balls to go for it and now he's cemented himself as a bonafide key position player. It just shows the value of patience when it comes to highly rated tall youngsters, I guess.
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #4
Which is why people are way too quick to dismiss the ability and future of Casboult who whilst not highly rated, clearly has the assets to become a strong marking forward in the future.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #5

Watch on the Couch and see why Brown is a liability.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #6
Fair comment from Jamo...Henderson is in our top group of players, couple of errors in defense during our tough run of games probably took the shine off him compared to Taylor etc. I rate him highly though and he must be well placed in our B&F voting  along with Judd and Walker...

Reply #7
Makes you realise that had Judd kept the captaincy or if it had have been given to Carrazzo the option would be open to make Hendo captain in the next few years. By giving it to Murphy we've pidgeonholed ourselves.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #8
Makes you realise that had Judd kept the captaincy or if it had have been given to Carrazzo the option would be open to make Hendo captain in the next few years. By giving it to Murphy we've pidgeonholed ourselves.

Im starting to think hendo could be in the mould of a Kernahan type leader..
If he keeps going like this, it may be impossible not to make him captain..

Reply #9
Not sure what he has done to warrant being made Capt.  Don't think he's ever nominated or suggested he has wanted to take on leadership role  :-\
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #10
Sam Mitchell was made captain but it didnt work, Mitchell did a fair job but Hodge was always the spiritual leader and the Hawks had the courage to make the swap....
I think Carrazzo is still the man for the job and has the respect...Henderson needs some more runs on the board and why burden him with another job when we are asking him to save and win games at both ends of the ground.

Reply #11
I reckon the jury is still out with Hodge though Elwood, they did win a premiership with Mitchell and I remember Hodge treating Mitchell with scant respect both in the media and onfield when he wanted the captaincy. Hardly the behaviour of a professional and those things are best kept in the inner sanctum. TBH I reckon Hodge is a bit of a moron myself and will look foolish (to me at least) if he doesn't lead the Hawks to the big one.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #12
What does Hendo's current form have to do with leading the players as Captain.

Sticks was tearing the SANFL apart when he finally came over and signed on the dotted line. Plus the man has an aura of imposition about him.

However I do like Hendo's AAA+ attitude and how he directs his team mates, but that just sets him apart from the two bit player getting around.

He will be a superstar, no doubt.
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #13
Jamo should zip it and try instead focussing on making himself a "super star"!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #14
I have to have a chuckle whenever I think about what the Lion's supporters must be thinking about that trade. The better Hendo gets the more pain they must endure,ditto Voss.

A troll on their forum could have a field day. :D