Kade Simpson
[ 34 ] (52.3%)
Andrew Carrazzo
[ 3 ] (4.6%)
Other
[ 11 ] (16.9%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: October 14, 2013, 01:34:16 pm

Topic: Poll added: Marc Murphy should not be captain (Read 23219 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Poll added: Marc Murphy should not be captain

Reply #15
its not that MMurphy is not a captains shoe laces - that's obvious
The concern is how it was arrived at the decision to select him
That's where they lost me

Marketing dept. He's photogenic and good for publicity. Not as silly a statement as you might interpret.

Murph is not as bad as we're making him out to be, though. He's carrying injuries (SO WHY THE F*CK IS HE PLAYING) which are lessening his on-field play and leadership. The bloke is a leader, but not the leader. How can a new Senior Coach who has been at the club 17 minutes be influential in deciding the skipper... he wasn't, I would think. He was more likely influenced by c0ckheads and marketing... but, I repeat myself.
Please Baggers Lol!!  The coach was the one that put them through the process FFS. You either accept his decision or just say he got it wrong. 
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #16
its not that MMurphy is not a captains shoe laces - that's obvious
The concern is how it was arrived at the decision to select him
That's where they lost me

Marketing dept. He's photogenic and good for publicity. Not as silly a statement as you might interpret.

Murph is not as bad as we're making him out to be, though. He's carrying injuries (SO WHY THE F*CK IS HE PLAYING) which are lessening his on-field play and leadership. The bloke is a leader, but not the leader. How can a new Senior Coach who has been at the club 17 minutes be influential in deciding the skipper... he wasn't, I would think. He was more likely influenced by c0ckheads and marketing... but, I repeat myself.
Please Baggers Lol!!  The coach was the one that put them through the process FFS. You either accept his decision or just say he got it wrong.

Okay... he got it wrong, should have waited until the end of this year before deciding. Would you want to appoint a leader based on tapes and pre season training? No way... he was influenced and should not have co-operated and I bet he is learning this about so much of the information he was given about the playing list and others with management responsibilities within the club. The ineptitude within our club runs deep... very deep.

(IMHO Murph is in the leadership group... and plays as a small forward who go into the guts. Simmo is the Skipper... he is loud on the field and plays like winning everything).
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #17
Baggers I respect your confidence in Mick to change things up and make improvements and I hope like hell he can. But to make those improvements he needs to be the master. You can't say on one hand he is the master and on the other in this case the decision to appoint a captain he leaves to the marketing department or like. Pretty important position I reckon not one that should be made half a$red. If he doesn't have the mandate to make the team and club his then we are again wasting time and he will fail.

It was his call at the end of the day. If he got it wrong he has to fix it.

Reply #18
Baggers I respect your confidence in Mick to change things up and make improvements and I hope like hell he can. But to make those improvements he needs to be the master. You can't say on one hand he is the master and on the other in this case the decision to appoint a captain he leaves to the marketing department or like. Pretty important position I reckon not one that should be made half a$red. If he doesn't have the mandate to make the team and club his then we are again wasting time and he will fail.

Goatness... we are actually on the same page. I want (am optimistic) for MM to be the dude to make the ruthless changes neccessary; to be given the mandate to change our 'mediocre' culture with 'whatever it takes' (apart from the EFC way >:()..., because if he won't who will? NOw that is a scarry proposition. Who do you see at our club capable of creating ruthless change apart from MM? Too many flabby bums at the CFC.

Attn: Pratt Family... your money is being wasted. The Board and many senior managers at the (once) Mighty CFC are comfortable with their positions and deeply lack the passion and commitment to hurt for the cause... contributing, brilliantly to our impressive mediocrity. These pretenders like what your money buys them... cars, new furniture, holidays, home renovations...

We do not have anyone putting up their hands to do the hard stuff. The President won't.

Reply #19

Goatness... we are actually on the same page. I want (am optimistic) for MM to be the dude to make the ruthless changes neccessary; to be given the mandate to change our 'mediocre' culture with 'whatever it takes' (apart from the EFC way >:()..., because if he won't who will? NOw that is a scarry proposition. Who do you see at our club capable of creating ruthless change apart from MM? Too many flabby bums at the CFC.

Attn: Pratt Family... your money is being wasted. The Board and many senior managers at the (once) Mighty CFC are comfortable with their positions and deeply lack the passion and commitment to hurt for the cause... contributing, brilliantly to our impressive mediocrity. These pretenders like what your money buys them... cars, new furniture, holidays, home renovations...

We do not have anyone putting up their hands to do the hard stuff. The President won't.
Yes and no.  Yes, he needs to make changes. Yes, he needs a mandate and I believe he has it.  What I'm disagreeing with you is that he has made the call on the captain, not based on what others "told" him to do.  If he is listening to others then that will ultimately undermine his ability to make necessary changes as he will be or is easily being influenced by other (i.e if what you are saying is correct).  That to me is a weak leader and I don't believe that is Mick's MO, if it is then he will fail.

In reference to who at the club can create ruthless change. I believe that needs to come from the board, in that they need to provide the mandate to Mick if they believe he has what it takes to make the football changes necessary for success.  I don't believe Mick can change the club culture again, that is the board.  Like it or not Mick wont achieve anything if the board does not support him. Here I think we can agree.

Reply #20
Henderson...
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Reply #21
Im picking that Murph is probably captain material, and will prove everyone wrong.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #22
Im picking that Murph is probably captain material, and will prove everyone wrong.

Agree!

Some posts sound like Richmond or Collingwood supporters eating their own..... ::)

Reply #23

Yes and no.  Yes, he needs to make changes. Yes, he needs a mandate and I believe he has it.  What I'm disagreeing with you is that he has made the call on the captain, not based on what others "told" him to do.  If he is listening to others then that will ultimately undermine his ability to make necessary changes as he will be or is easily being influenced by other (i.e if what you are saying is correct).  That to me is a weak leader and I don't believe that is Mick's MO, if it is then he will fail.

In reference to who at the club can create ruthless change. I believe that needs to come from the board, in that they need to provide the mandate to Mick if they believe he has what it takes to make the football changes necessary for success.  I don't believe Mick can change the club culture again, that is the board.  Like it or not Mick wont achieve anything if the board does not support him. Here I think we can agree.

Important discussion, here, Goatness. (this is why I didn't like the 'karma'... folks could like/unlike and be done with it, but here we have an example of two passionate BlueBagger supporters going further than, like/dislike and discussing difference... which helps us all. Goatness has helped me think of other perspectives and I hope I've done likewise for him).

Does he ( MM) really have the mandate? God forbid, did we employ him to coach but also boost membership/loot?????? We are now using our brand to cash in on what was... because, now, that is all we have. And apart from MM, I do not see anyone else hurting at our club hurting - well, seriously, do you see any other off-field senior folks hurting? No. Why? Pratt loot in their pockets.

There was a time in our recent history when not making the finals was a ridiculous consideration; when finishing in the bottom 4 of the 8 was failure (or 3rd in a final four). Top two or three is our place. There are those of us lucky enough to remember those times... and that makes our hurt the greater when seeing the present day 'mediocre' display. We are a good, mediocre... well placed at 9th, or there abouts. Mm, maybe that's enough to make good money for the club?

Today we are a shadow of the former great CFC. And, like Prof E, I agree, it is time to realise that our (once great) club is consigned to mediocrity and failure; a vehicle for PR/marketing and players to 'cash in' on the brand. We'll burst to 5th and get lots of loot, then fall to 10th but cash in on potential. Maybe we have losers funding our club.

Reply #24

Agree!

Some posts sound like Richmond or Collingwood supporters eating their own..... ::)

Fcuk me....here we go again.....we sound like Richmond supporters.....blah, blah, fcuking blah. You go to any Club's forum website after yet another crapful loss & tell me what you read - won't be any different to the plethora of posts on here, so excuse us for stating the bleeding obvious, even if you can't/refuse to see it.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #25
ironically , that results graph looks like a fk u middle finger

Reply #26
The more disillusioned people become, the more I'll be backing Zach Touhy.

It just makes sense.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #27

On what basis?

Fundamentals of leadership:

Respect of your peers. tick

Hard trainer. tick

Respect of football world.

Ability to turn a game.

Flies the flag for mates.

Won't be pushed around.

Sets an example on field.

Great tackler and 1%s.

Addresses teammates at breaks.

Anyone wishing to add to what they expect of a captain feel free that's just a brief outline from me in terms of what I expect and what boxes I think Murphy ticks.

Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #28

Agree!

Fcuk me....here we go again.....we sound like Richmond supporters.....blah, blah, fcuking blah. You go to any Club's forum website after yet another crapful loss & tell me what you read - won't be any different to the plethora of posts on here, so excuse us for stating the bleeding obvious, even if you can't/refuse to see it.

LMAO ADS banned multiple times for racist remarks pointing to others and comparing them with Collingwood! I've heard it all now!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #29
Interesting that Simmo is leading the poll  :o  For the first half of the season a significant number of posters wanted him banished to the NBs.

I think Murphy has been OK and will improve with experience.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball