Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Analysis: AFL 2020 Rd 5: Carlton vs St. Kilda (Read 9259 times) previous topic - next topic

Post Game Analysis: AFL 2020 Rd 5: Carlton vs St. Kilda

And the winner is: _______________
I hope it is us.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Post Game Analysis: AFL 2020 Rd 5: Carlton vs St. Kilda

Reply #1
I like our chances.

Reply #2
It was the 'Aints night. The ball bounced their way. The umpires couldn't see our frees for any money. Too many of our players were done and too many disposals didn't hit targets. They won the contested ball: they just wanted it that little bit more on the night.
Considering how well we were beaten in the middle, we did rather well.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
I didn't because it was prime time, hence we would be crap,  and it proved so.

Anybody on match payments, hand it back,  because that's taking money you didn't earn.

Crikey we have some passengers.... I'm especially looking at you Moneybags.  If I was list manager you'd be out the door the end of the season.  And if I was in that role I certainly wouldn't have bothered with a list clogging hack like Newnes.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #4
It was the 'Aints night. The ball bounced their way. The umpires couldn't see our frees for any money. Too many of our players were done and too many disposals didn't hit targets. They won the contested ball: they just wanted it that little bit more on the night.
Considering how well we were beaten in the middle, we did rather well.
That about sums it up for me Crash. Just want to add considering the amount of guys who didn't fire a shot 3 goal margin is unbelievable

Reply #5
I didn't because it was prime time, hence we would be crap,  and it proved so.

Anybody on match payments, hand it back,  because that's taking money you didn't earn.

Crikey we have some passengers.... I'm especially looking at you Moneybags.  If I was list manager you'd be out the door the end of the season.  And if I was in that role I certainly wouldn't have bothered with a list clogging hack like Newnes.
Really poor. But he wasn't alone. H took one mark.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #6
Pisses me off that we decide to be a committed football side only when we feel like it. Winning in Geelong showed we can play. I want that committment week in, week out, not at our choosing. Our issue is above the shoulders, essentially mentally attitude. Bring that consistently and the rest looks after itself.

Reply #7
Delete

Reply #8
Fwd line was at its shambolic best. I'm now convinced, H and Gov are spuds. Bottom line is, they kick em, Carlton dont...again. Did people actually think they'd win 3 in a row, lol.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #9
The Aints beat Pittonet, tagged Cripps out of it, held Doc and negated Martin. All over.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #10
The Aints beat Pittonet, tagged Cripps out of it, held Doc and negated Martin. All over.

Yep, out-coached. We're wasting another year because, even though this season will have an asterix, it's a bit like those lightning premierships you used to play as a kid - were a great chance for lesser teams to "fluke" the pennant. Not gonna be us, I'm afraid.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #11
Our second tier players are very average at best.   That's why we are at best an average side. Not convinced that this group of "kids" is going to make it. So many ineffectual players, did some of them even go out on the ground FFS?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #12
Fwd line was at its shambolic best. I'm now convinced, H and Gov are spuds. Bottom line is, they kick em, Carlton dont...again. Did people actually think they'd win 3 in a row, lol.

Just this. What people see in Harry is beyond me. At least McGovern can kick when he gets it. Harry, the few times he does actually get it, either shanks it or turns it over. He's also paddle hands. Hands so stuff it's impossible to mark the ball. He's always double grabbing, it's never clean!

Jones is another one. Should be instructed to never take on a risky kick. How many times has he killed momentum with one of across the ground kicks which ends up being a monumental turn over.

Just screw this club. The industry joke for 20 years and counting.

Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #13
I was so angry through that game. Just dumb dumb dumb mistakes, how many stupid turnovers resulted in goals for them? Just not acceptable.

McG craps me, H I have nfi what he did except fall over a lot.

The one big positive is Jack is just about my favourite player now, already. He’s smart, hard working - I think it was in the third quarter he willed himself into the contest over and over again. That’s Cripps-like. Finally we have another him, now if we could get some of the others to wake up and get in there.

Whats thoughts on Samo?

And the umpiring was incredibly one sided. No that didn’t cost us the game but fack me there was some bizarre calls and non calls. 

Reply #14
Steele always makes Cripps struggle...forget the last part of the game that was junk time and the Saints had throttled back...
Cripps should have started at Full Forward with Eddie and the rest clear out...
Geary on Docherty was a good move, well played Ratten...
Marshall is an athletic kid and Pittonet is more your stand and deliver type ruckman, Levi was useless and Harry even worse but Levi I will cut slack too though as he has been good this season and everyone plays a bad game.
McGovern needs dropping and doesnt suit our setup, but we are stuck with him not only didnt he work hard enough but his man was BOG to half time.
Martin was our best player by a mile and carried the team early....Setterfield and Gibbons battled but dont have the class to match it with the real quality mids and are very lightweight in terms of being physical to opposing players and being able to take over from Cripps.
Newnes has disappointed and Cuningham reverted to his natural state in the wild and was MIA.
Eddie has the smarts but has lost the pace and Butlers speed down the other end was express in comparison.
The lack of physicality in our game is terrible, players choosing to bump bcuase they dont want to risk injury by tackling and just the way the Stkilda bigger bodies menaced our smaller framed players. Cripps still has no help and we dont have enough muscle around the ball to compete when he is held.
Walsh was ok but his disposal needs work but at least he competes...

Murphy and Simpson are finished and Ed Curnow isnt far behind them.