Skip to main content
Topic: RIP David Bowie (Read 5767 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RIP David Bowie

Reply #1
Just sad when another great performer and trailblazer from your teenage years passes on. Makes you feel both old yourself and sad for loss.  Great music, great memories RIP Ziggy Stardust!

Reply #2
Sad news indeed!

While his music has featured throughout most of my life, I think my favourite memory of David Bowie is his role in "Merry Christmas, Mr Lawrence".

RIP
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3
He was one of a kind. A true visionary who changed music more than once. I was hoping this was a hoax but alas it is not. RIP Starman.  :(
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #4
RIP.

This was a shock to me as I didn't know he was ill.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #5
How the **** is Keith Richards still with us ??

Lemmy, Stevie Wright, Specials drummer, Natalie Cole & now Bowie, what a horrible Xmas/New Year period for the music world.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #6

Lemmy, Stevie Wright, Specials drummer, Natalie Cole & now Bowie, what a horrible Xmas/New Year period for the music world.

I think he is now a hologram.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #7

Just watch how widespread the tributes are for Bowie in the next few days.
They'll come from all ages.

He was a rare talent who kept  changing and remaking himself. As a result he appealed to a wide audience

My taste in music is firmly stuck in the 1950s-60s but I really liked Bowie.
My kids loved him and know of him from that Labyrinth stuff...some of the nieces are crushed.

Reply #8
Sad day for music. RIP David Bowie

Reply #9
RIP.

This was a shock to me as I didn't know he was ill.

Ditto - just read the other day how well his latest album was being received & thought "Good for him".....then a just a few days later this news came outta nowhere, legitimately shocked & saddened.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #10
Wasnt a real fan of Bowie's music but did appreciate the influence he had on the music world and general public and he was an innovator who will be missed by many...RIP.

Reply #11

Or Nick Cave for that matter..........or Dave Gahan, or...............