Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 18 Pre game ponderings: Holiday on the Gold Coast or Disaster at Carrarra? (Read 44115 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 18 Pre game ponderings: Holiday on the Gold Coast or Disaster at Carrarra?

Reply #105
I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate Charlie Dixon on a career-best game tomorrow; assuming he's got Jamo on him......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Re: Rd 18 Pre game ponderings: Holiday on the Gold Coast or Disaster at Carrarra?

Reply #106
I hope you're going for the reverse moz with that comment Brettie!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #107
I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate Charlie Dixon on a career-best game tomorrow; assuming he's got Jamo on him......
Not an ideal match up for Jamison, Brettie.  With McInnes out, I suspect Henderson will have to play back  :-\.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #108
Not an ideal match up for Jamison, Brettie.  With McInnes out, I suspect Henderson will have to play back  :-\.
Henderson has to play forward. If Watson plays you have to back him against players like Dixon. Dixon has missed a lot of footy this year too, so he should be lacking match fitness.

GCFC have also said that they're sweating on Prestia with a hamstring and Rory Thompson with an ankle. If Thompson doesn't come up Dixon may have to play back on Rowe. Then Jamo to Brennan and Watson to Day?

We should win by about 3 goals either way.

Reply #109
Watson certainly has to stake his claim today to his spot in the team. With a good performance he could begin to convince the powers that be that he is one serious solution to our key defender needs. Convincing people on here will be a lot harder for him of course.  ;D Go Watto!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #110
Watson certainly has to stake his claim today to his spot in the team. With a good performance he could begin to convince the powers that be that he is one serious solution to our key defender needs. Convincing people on here will be a lot harder for him of course.  ;D Go Watto!
Fair point Cookie and really, he is going up against blokes with similar maturity. Good luck to the young fella, we need it to take a trick sooner or later.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #111

I always thought Watson 'could' make it, unfortunately only on a number 2 or 3 forward. With time he will get better, natural progression suggests this, just hope it is sooner rather than later.

I would also like to say I was one of Sugar's detractors, didn't like his attack on the ball and his use of the ball continually putting team mates under pressure.
BUT and a big but, he has proved me wrong, he has improved and hopefully will continue to get better. Although this is only been for a few games it has been good to watch.

Gotta love MM and what he sees in players. Just hope he is scouring all other teams looking for underperforming player to snatch.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #112

True. Today will be a huge test for him as this mob is quick. He'll no doubt take the slowest tall (which is sensible) but GC will try to expose his lack of speed over the track.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #113
Watson played against this mob in our first encounter where we flogged them by 20 goals.

At the time the HUN were doing a 'AA team of the week' and actually named Watson in the side for the week.  :o

Hopefully he can repeat that performance.

Reply #114

Surely you havent given up on Jammo?  Has lowered his colours lately but is still probably among the elite key position defenders in the afl, he is just out of form, and has had some massive tasks over the last month and a bit.  To me his issue is confidence.  An opponent gets a hold of him and it seems to effect him.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #115
Pic on twitter of the bus has Levi front and centre?

Late in?
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #116
The week leading into the Saints game, I was extremely worried because we always find ways of losing to those guys.

The week leading into the Kangas match, I was extremely worried because they could really belt us if they all clicked into gear at the one time.

This week leading into the Suns match, I'm extremely worried because they are quite unpredictable and have come off a morale boosting win over Collingwood.

Don't know what to expect actually, won't be easy and a loss is not out of the question but a win is not ruled out either. Good test for our players especially as some are now playing for their futures.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #117
Surely Mick and the match committee studied last weeks game v the pies and came up with something.
The lack of pressure on their onballers wont be repeated this week i can assure you!

Reply #118
Out: Bootsma

In: Cachia (sub)

Thompson and Prestia out for GC.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #119
Cachia In, Bootsma Out (ill)

CACHIA SUB