Skip to main content
Topic: RD 21: Richmond v Carlton (Pre-game Prayers) (Read 52545 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 21: Richmond v Carlton (Pre-game Prayers)

Reply #120
Is there a game this weekend?  I was trying not to think about it.

To steal Juddy's line, we've got a pretty mediocre team and it won't be pretty to watch  :(
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #121
The Graham kid sounds like he has the talent but can someone confirm whether or not he gets the hard ball as this is a glaring deficiency with our side. Give me hope, someone?

I haven't seen him shirk an issue. Goes hard. Gets the inside aggot and can link up on the outside and deliver effectively. As I mentioned previously, he's got a footy brain hence makes good decisions quickly and acts.

Agreed - no obvious weaknesses at VFL level.

I think he lacks a yard of pace but has the smarts to make up for it,  and is a clever player.....also think he is the type of player like Dane Swan that you dont expect too much defensive work from but as Ron Barrassi once said just give me possessions....

Reply #122
I have no good feelings about this game at all, a win would be a very pleasant surprise !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #123
I think he lacks a yard of pace but has the smarts to make up for it,  and is a clever player.....also think he is the type of player like Dane Swan that you dont expect too much defensive work from but as Ron Barrassi once said just give me possessions....

I hope so EB, but if he lacks a yard of pace at VFL level (and that seems to be the case), he is going to need an awful lot of smarts.  I guess we'll soon find out  :-\
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #124
Can't seem to get excited with this game, only thing that will be getting me to watch it is 40+ plus years of support and to have a look at Graham & Menzal in the same team.  Oh, and hope that maybe the Boult doesn't go to water in front of goals  :(

Tigers will win again margin doesn't matter anymore.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #125
In a rather bizarre way, winning would be a sad indictment on the effort in recent games.
If they can get over the tigers it will demonstrate that it's more about attitude than ability.

Blues by 24 ;D

Reply #126
In a rather bizarre way, winning would be a sad indictment on the effort in recent games.
If they can get over the tigers it will demonstrate that it's more about attitude than ability.

Blues by 24 ;D

I thought we gave a solid effort against Freo, they were just too classy and we won 3 in a row before that. Our effort against the dogs was poor but it must be noted they have vastly improved as the season has gone on, their last 4 weeks has seen them beat Carlton and West Coast plus very competitive efforts against the Hawks and Swans.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #127
Can't seem to get excited with this game, only thing that will be getting me to watch it is 40+ plus years of support and to have a look at Graham & Menzal in the same team.  Oh, and hope that maybe the Boult doesn't go to water in front of goals  :(

Meat's been slotting them nicely in the NBs... gotten over the yips, well, at VFL level ...the big test will be on the big stage.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #128
Really looking forward to seeing the future play today. Graham, Menzel, Casboult, Bell, McInnes. It's almost like a throw back to the Brittain/Pagan days where we had a lot of youth.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #129
Great post Carrots.

Just need Buckley in there as well

Reply #130

Meat's been slotting them nicely in the NBs... gotten over the yips, well, at VFL level ...the big test will be on the big stage.
Yeap was aware of that and yeap that's the big test.

BTW, like the new Avatar  :D

Reply #131
Really looking forward to seeing the future play today. Graham, Menzel, Casboult, Bell, McInnes. It's almost like a throw back to the Brittain/Pagan days where we had a lot of youth.
I just hope the tide turns for us and these young blokes fire for us soon. Its our turn FFS.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #132
I just hope the tide turns for us and these young blokes fire for us soon. Its our turn FFS.

They are the future and I am excited because the pressure is off us. Lets see how the Tigers handle the favourites tag.
Keep the Faith

Reply #133

Fixed  ;D
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #134
Graham Sub  :(  Understand why but would have thought he was an impact player. 

Hopefully he gets a good run.