Skip to main content
Topic: Round 22: Carlton vs. GWS at Spotless: Pre Game Postulations. (Read 19337 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 22: Carlton vs. GWS at Spotless: Pre Game Postulations.

Reply #30
Fk me has Carrots played his last game for Carlton? 'Tis a sad day if so.

I think he'll go around again next year if he gets through the pre season OK.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #31
Good to see Yazz back in, it will be very interesting to see what sort of attitude he brings to the game.
I don't think we've got any chance, what sort of injury has Nick Graham got by the way?
I was hoping to see him get a sustained run of games towards the end of this season.

Stress foot fracture.

I think Carrots is going to be an umpire next year B4L.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #32
Fk me has Carrots played his last game for Carlton? 'Tis a sad day if so.

I'd say so.

No point bringing him back for a flogging in R23.

His time is done, his body is no longer up to AFL football.

In case that comment would be taken as 'biased'....let me justify that comment by saying this.

In the past 5 years, Jarrad Waite has played more games than Carrazzo!  :o

Reply #33
Nah I agree his time has come. Just would've been nice to see him lead the team off in his final game or he at least be acknowledged. Interestingly, he hasn't announced his retirement so maybe he's clinging on to the hope he gets another year. I guess you couldn't rule it out.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #34
Stress foot fracture.

Bummer, he was just starting look like he belonged in the AFL.
I think we'll get smashed on the weekend even if Cripps plays another blinder, no forwards apart from Walker, no class mids apart from Cripps, no tall defenders apart from Jamo.
It was good while it lasted but we've won our last game for the season.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #35
Nah I agree his time has come. Just would've been nice to see him lead the team off in his final game or he at least be acknowledged. Interestingly, he hasn't announced his retirement so maybe he's clinging on to the hope he gets another year. I guess you couldn't rule it out.

He contacted the umpires earlier in the year.
Has been to at least 1 'training' session for the umps that i'm aware of.
He will not be wearing navy blue next year, unless the bush league umps wear it.

Reply #36
He contacted the umpires earlier in the year.
Has been to at least 1 'training' session for the umps that i'm aware of.

He's a smart guy, smart guys always have a plan B. Surely he would've announced his retirement by now if he wanted to retire? Or maybe he will announce it next week.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #37
I'd say Carrazzo will retire...been a good servant and good luck to him umpiring..

Reply #38
He is completely shot, I don't reckon his body will hold up for even umpiring.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #39
I think Carrazzo is being rested for a farewell game against Hawks.

Reply #40
Carrots has struggled with injury the last few years and is probably gone.

I just hope he is fit for a finale against the Hawks. He has been a great player for a long time for us.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #41
He is completely shot, I don't reckon his body will hold up for even umpiring.

x2 loyal servant but legs are rooted and needs to drop some serious muscle to umpire.

Why we haven't signed him up as an assistant is beyond me, why he wants to umpire instead of almost certainly walking into a bunch of clubs as an assistant is beyond me.

Reply #42
x2 loyal servant but legs are rooted and needs to drop some serious muscle to umpire.

Why we haven't signed him up as an assistant is beyond me, why he wants to umpire instead of almost certainly walking into a bunch of clubs as an assistant is beyond me.

Assistant coaches work longer hours than players, umps and administrators. Umps are part timers and have other jobs. He'd be able to do corp stuff and media if he likes.

Generally you become an assistant if you are a) a footy head or b) have aspirations of being a head coach or both.

He doesn't strike me as a footy head.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #43
From memory he's an electrician? Could have his own business and umpiring on the side?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #44
From memory he's an electrician? Could have his own business and umpiring on the side?

Cables by Carrots + Drew's Dodgy Decisions.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................