Skip to main content
Topic: Brettie's Kiss of Death (Read 8246 times) previous topic - next topic

Brettie's Kiss of Death

Saints by 5 goals.....there's no more certain result this coming weekend. Saints supporters don't rate their team either, but they do against us....and with some justification too.

Riewoldt will kick a lazy 4 at least, Kosi & Milne 3 apiece, Milera will play one of his 2 good games of the year, Saad will come in and kick at least 2, Hayes a lazy 35+ possessions, Dal Santo a lazy 30+, Farren Ray will look magnificent, Jack Steven will run around like a Stawell Gift winner, Rhys Stanley will single handily fend off our forward talls, McEvoy will take 10+ contested marks everywhere, Clint Jones keep Murphy to about 10 possessions......and on and on and on it goes......

Result Carlton win

Surely another big Friday night game = another disappoitning loss.....why change the trend now?! :'(

Result Carlton win

I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate Charlie Dixon on a career-best game tomorrow; assuming he's got Jamo on him......

Result Carlton win

I'm not going to be confident until Brettie gives Freo the kiss of death.

Sorry mbb.....I've got nothing but good feelings about this week. Win this and we make the 8 on merit......very good feelings......

Result Carlton loss

Bulldogs game Brettstar made no prediction.

Result Carlton loss.

Totally agree PI2C - this is the first time in many, many years whereby we're playing a Richmond team that is CLEARLY better than us.....and substantially so. Anyone who even considers us to be a chance, simply based on recent past performances, you're simply not being realistic in any way, shape or form. I like the changes Mick has made considering the injuries, really like them, but it still won't change the fact that the Tigers are on a totally different level to us in ability, development & confidence. It could get real ugly tomorrow....expect Hendo to return to defence, seeing as Jamo continues his spud-like form.

Result Carlton win.

Essendon game no prediction made

Result Carlton Loss

No interest in this game whatsoever, pretty sure another loss is coming, hoping like hell the Roos get over the line, then the finals get interesting....and that's how it should be. Any other scenario (i.e. us participating in September) makes our elimination final a joke.

Maddd! Richmond at the G, with Juddy it was meant to be!

Friggin' delusional.....

Result Carlton win and make the finals.

Bit of an article on Steve Morris of Richmond in the Sun today and its details his work on opposing small forwards...Eddie in two games only managed 18 disposals and 1 goal on Morris. Not good enough for a man wanting 600k a year and Eddie needs to deliver on Sunday for us to win...

In what will most probably be his last ever appearance in Navy Blue......

Result Carlton win and Betts stars.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Re: Brettie's Kiss of Death

Reply #1
With all due respect to you guys on this thread but ive been on to this for a few seasons...Brettie will back me up on this.

Reply #2
I'm liking this thread.   :)
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #3
 Sh1t i'm nervous about this week now!!! If the betting agencies get on to this we'll never be able to back for or against Carlton ever again.

Reply #4
Sh1t i'm nervous about this week now!!! If the betting agencies get on to this we'll never be able to back for or against Carlton ever again.

I went on the sportsbet site yesterday just to look at the odds and they had all the games up for next week except Carlton Essendon. Strange.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #5

I went on the sportsbet site yesterday just to look at the odds and they had all the games up for next week except Carlton Essendon. Strange.
Yep just as we thought MBB, their waiting for Bretties Tip!

Reply #6
I lolled

Reply #7
First time I tipped against us all year too. I think I said the tiggers by 30 plus points. I was looking the goods at quarter time ;D

Reply #8
Please "Trust in Hird" Brettie!! ;D
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #9
Updated for the last 2 weeks. ;)
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #10
Brilliant thread.

Thank the football Gods that you've already written us off, Brettie. Will be looking forward to see how we go up in Sydney for the semi :P
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #11
I think we should all chip in and send Brettie off on an end of season trip to Bali for the final series. ;D
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #12
I think we should all chip in and send Brettie off on an end of season trip to Bali for the final series. ;D

Cheques in the mail... and what the other two famous promises ;) :)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #13
WTF!? Here I was casually looking around & bingo-bango.......

Okay then, I see what you're doing here ;D

Richmond vs Carlton....let's see.....

Okay, personally my concern is that Mick showed his hand far too much (admittedly out of necessity) against Richmond 3 weeks ago, although with Kreuzer, Garlett & (possibly) Judd as inclusions, that changes things quite a lot. Will Richmond be too over-enthused or will nerves get the better of them on such a massive occasion for them, coupled with so much expectation? I'm actually undecided at this stage, although slightly leaning towards a Richmond victory.....which is a realistic opinion, when you consider the form of both teams over the course of the year.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #14
Thanks Brettie, so that's a win for us.  ;D
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.