Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 8: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 23330 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 8: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Carlton play Port Adelaide at Etihad at 1310 next Sunday, 15th May. Could it be 4 in a row?
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 8: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #1
Carlton play Port Adelaide at Etihad at 1310 next Sunday, 15th May. Could it be 4 in a row?

10 goal win to the Blues.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #2
10 goal win to the Blues.
Not out of the question. However, I don't intend to count my chooks until I eat them at KFC. :)
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
If its another ugly win, Ill take it every day of the week and twice on Sundays (pun intended)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #4
If its another ugly win, I'll take it every day of the week and twice on Sundays (pun intended).
:) :) I won't complain either, although I might look back at the recordings in a few years and try not to cringe.
Sunday might well be Pun-day!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
Ball movement was better against Lollingwood.

Need class and polish to finish the boys hard work in defence and midfield.

Just keep doing what we have been doing I will be pleased. Curnow, Cripps, Kerridge and Gibbs just cracking in.. get the ball in Gibbs and Murphys hands often because A grade skills are bloody important

Reply #6
Will be interesting to see how the players approach this one. They'd be full of confidence after 3 wins on the trot  and should go in as favourites. In the past, this is the type of game they'd really let us down in .
I'm feeling very confident. I dont expect a big win but this team, lead by BB, are a completely different kettle of fish compared to previous teams. Im loving it.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #7
If its another ugly win, Ill take it every day of the week and twice on Sundays (pun intended)

Really looking forward to it. BB won't let us rest on our laurels, we are focused on kicking and gouging our way out of the basement. As that Johnny Cash song goes ' Rollin' around in the mud, the blood and the beer'.  :)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #8
Extra Days rest also suits us. Is JW a sneaky chance to come back? Listening to Trigg on SEN yesterday pre game, he was asked something like "if it was round 22 and a spot in the 8 was on the line, would he play this week". Trigg answered he probably still would have missed a week. he said we have to wait and see if he has full strength in the shoulder. Sounds to me like it wasnt that bad.
Trigg was also asked about contract talks with JW, he joked around about having a contract in his back pocket that tied him to the club for life!! Said that they would get an extention done sooner rather than later.
PS How good is it that an 18 year "old man" is having such an impact on the whole club and supporter base. He is indeed a very special young "old" man. We are blessed to have him.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #9
Port impressive vs a lacklustre Brisbane but I think we will be looking to make it ugly footy and wont cough up as many goals....all teams have one annoying player and for its Jasper Pittard for Port....doesnt miind getting involved in push and shove games(dont know why because he cant fight) but usually comes in late when opposing players are not looking and gets a cheap shot in. Always looking for the easy receive across half back too and generally just annoys  me and I hope to see him sat on his backside at some stage...

Port are good frontrunners but I think Kruezer can give us first use vs the inexperienced Howard and we can make a game of it...something flakey about Port
and I reckon a bit of physical emphasis can put them off their game...

Reply #10
We have had some good games against Port in the past. It will be an interesting measure of where we are really at. I believe we can win, but there never really is a certainty in footy now days. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #11
It's difficult to see us winning, we've beaten three of the weakest teams in the AFL and Port are a different kettle of fish.
I'll be happy with a united four quarter effort.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #12
It's difficult to see us winning, we've beaten three of the weakest teams in the AFL and Port are a different kettle of fish.
I'll be happy with a united four quarter effort.

Port haven't beaten much more.
6 day break vs our 7.
Game in Melb.
We are a chance against a side that loves to cheat and run forward of the contest

Reply #13
Port haven't beaten much more.
6 day break vs our 7.
Game in Melb.
We are a chance against a side that loves to cheat and run forward of the contest

We can put a lot of pressure on Port - don't know how they'll handle that tbh. We caused plenty of turnovers for the Pies, if you'll pardon the expression. I think we can go very close at least!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #14
Assuming Kreuzer and Cripps play Port won't be able to use Trengrove like they did today. In effect Trengrove sacrificed the ruckwork to gather stoppage clearances. They used Trengrove like I would like to use Kreuzer, maximising the 2nd efforts.

We need to keep Boak in control, Ed should get that job. Port are a big contested possession side and sit on top of the 1%s. But despite that they have to win a lot of contested ball because they sit at the top of the clanger table. I think their weakness is talls, which is a strength for us. Murphy and Gibbs can expect to get worked over as Port sit close to the top of the tackling tables(Again see Clangers as a possible reason)

Wright will be a bonus for us.

Carlton by 9.
The Force Awakens!