Skip to main content
Topic: Rd23 v Port Adelaide.  (Read 46972 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd23 v Port Adelaide.

Reply #60
No interest in this game whatsoever, pretty sure another loss is coming, hoping like hell the Roos get over the line, then the finals get interesting....and that's how it should be. Any other scenario (i.e. us participating in September) makes our elimination final a joke.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #61
No interest in this game whatsoever, pretty sure another loss is coming, hoping like hell the Roos get over the line, then the finals get interesting....and that's how it should be. Any other scenario (i.e. us participating in September) makes our elimination final a joke.

Agree..even if we beat Port which I dont think we will, I think the Tigers will be fired up to knock us over and that humiliation I dont want to see...

Reply #62
We win, we play finals!

We don't deserve to be a chance - oh polease, we are, so put on your Carlton Guernsey and stop trying to be mr or mrs controversial's and barrack for your side FFS!

This is Mick's chance to pick the side to win and coach the side to win.

If he does, then some confidence in his ability restored, if he does not then I have no faith in the pr1ck moving forward!

The team better have a crack too! Once in a life time opportunity this one!

Go Blues!

Reply #63

Why does North deserve the chance ahead of us. North made such a habit in choking in close games it almost made  us look good, as that's really, really saying something. Not to mention the fact that we beat North too, On that count specifically your argument doesn't make sense. If we finish higher than North then we deserve to be there. Sure North supporters thoroughly think they deserve to make the finals with 10 wins. We finish "8th" we deserve to be there as we finished above all those other sides contending.

Reply #64
Never before has a team had a mulligan to get into the finals. Let's see if Murphy's comments about playing for the supporters is true.

If their motivation is to play for the supporters, we are in deep cr@p.

You can just imagine  them thinking as they run out onto the field....."I'm going to do it for the supporters". ::) :D

Reply #65
Fk it I've seen one final live since 2002, one final! Chances are we won't see another one for a few years so fk it, this is a must win game and to play Bichmond on a Saturday arvo in front of 80k, hey I'm up for that. Must win game. I believe we can do it.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #66
Destiny is now back in our hands.

Reply #67

Why does North deserve the chance ahead of us. North made such a habit in choking in close games it almost made  us look good, as that's really, really saying something. Not to mention the fact that we beat North too, On that count specifically your argument doesn't make sense. If we finish higher than North then we deserve to be there. Sure North supporters thoroughly think they deserve to make the finals with 10 wins. We finish "8th" we deserve to be there as we finished above all those other sides contending.
I must admit I read about "North being the best team outside the 8" with some disbelief. If they were so good, why did we beat them at our non preferred venue? Even when we didn't play all that well? We have also had a huge number of close losses and deserved to beat Hawthorn, Geelong, Essendon, Richmond and more.
What makes them more deserving than us?

I don't think we deserve to get in: too many times this year I have been disappointed at things that have nothing to do with talent. However, I couldn't even get close to arguing that North are more deserving than us. I would find it harder arguing for Brisbane or West Coast. There are reasons we all missed the finals and they won't go away just because Essendon have. Essendon have committed the greatest 'crime' in AFL history, and have been punished. Whether it is enough is a different question. But now it is our job to deal with the consequences. We will probably lose the final if we make it. So be it. If we get there, then, by definition, we are more deserving than those that failed. It is up to Carlton to show some intestinal fortitude and spirit, to put our best feet forward and make the most of an opportunity that hopefully will not happen again.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #68
I'm trying to figure out why people think Norf deserve it more than us.

If we lose to port and they beat the pies then yes, they do

Right now we have as much claim to it as anyone else.

HTFU.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #69

HTFU.

Exactly. We've had some terrible losses to Freo and the doggies but Freo smashed them too and they were given a touch up by the gold coast.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #70
Had a rethink on this.

Eight teams are required to play the finals series, why shouldn't we be one of them - feck North!

This will be a real test of our team and coach and will really paint the picture as to where we currently stand and what we need to do in terms of drafting and trading. Bring it on!

>:(
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #71
Had a rethink on this.

Eight teams are required to play the finals series, why shouldn't we be one of them - feck North!

This will be a real test of our team and coach and will really paint the picture as to where we currently stand and what we need to do in terms of drafting and trading. Bring it on!

>:(

Time to see which of our guys actually have some cojones!

Special K and Garlett ins?

Another mid too for McLean?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #72

HTFU.

People are haters. Unless you barrack for us, no one wants to see us make the finals. North are non-threatening. The kind of pathetic team you find it hard not to feel sorry for. Hence peoples preference for them to make it over us.

I would also give my left nipple to win the first week of the finals against either Richmond or Collingwood.

Reply #73
There's surely no chance of Richmond losing to the scum, therefore if we make the finals Richmond it will be.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #74
There's surely no chance of Richmond losing to the scum, therefore if we make the finals Richmond it will be.

Richmond might rest half their side and hope the roos beat the pies so they can play Port rather than the blues or the roos who beat them last time out.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!