Skip to main content
Topic: Judd apparently has hand up for finals (Read 16403 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Judd apparently has hand up for finals

Reply #15
Reckon the Bolt is a keeper.  Compare him to a young Travis Cloke or Tom Hawkins. 

Both had moments were they were great but were also ridiculously inconsistent. Each were considered "spuds", "waste of time", "trade bait" and yet both have gone on to play critical roles in Premiership wins for their clubs.   Cats & Pies would look pretty stupid if they'd move them on like many of their supporters thought they should. 

IMO, The Bolt will figure greatly in our future. A man mountain with some aggro, desperation to hit contests/opponents and a fabulous contested mark. His skills with ball in hand can be improved and so can his decision making, especially if he's given consistent game time. 
Reality is an illusion, caused by a lack of alcohol...

Reply #16
@LP

Looks like there's a positive comment for every negative to me. ;)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #17
Before the comments today the only mention was 100% negative, perhaps time heals all wounds but it has only been four days!

You pulled up 3 or 4 people who said he was crap, one of them was you who is still hurt over Hampson's shortcomings and another was The Sheik who says everyone is crap.

Most of the forum I would assume think he was serviceable because if he was that bad this place certainly wouldn't have missed him.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #18
Sorry, no way, good at being a spud maybe!

I have searched voting and post game threads, high and low and they are the only mentions I could find to this moment!

Quote from: The Sheik
Waite in defence was a handbag, Casboult around the ground just shat himself under the pressure and none of the could kick a goal when it was needed.

Quote from: Mondy
+ 1

Casbout zero intelligence.

Quote from: EB1
Gibbs missed that last kick he had for goal because he felt  pressure, Casboult panicked and turned the ball over under pressure, handpassing to no one after he had a  chance to kick the footy....McInnes punched instead of marked because of the perceived pressure.

Quote from: GTC
Brainless Dopes like:
Waite
Casbolt
Bell

Quote from: ringdabelltommy
The following players have to go:

The 3 amigos.  Armfield, Casboult, Joeseph (can you believe he got a game tonight!),  Waite, Scotland, Catchia, Duygan, Warnock and Robinson, Gibbs and Judd.

Its called an emotional reaction to him turning it over on the edge of 50 when the game was tied and there was little time left on the clock.

I didnt hear anyone complaining when he was clearing a bit of space for Henderson.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #19
Just to get this back on topic (go talk about Casboult in the proper threads for that), I can completely understand why Juddy is putting his hand up and screaming 'pick me, pick me' for finals action, should we make it through.

I know it's a different sport and a different era, but back in 1992 Yugoslavia were kicked out of the Euro Champions Trophy tournament (Soccer, for those that didn't know) due to their political instability. Denmark, who hadn't even made it through the qualifiers, were elevated to the next round in their place only to go on and win the whole thing!

Once it gets to September, anything can happen and we've already demonstrated our ability to beat Richmond two weeks ago.

Want to stick it to all those Essendon supporters who were so happy when they knocked us off last week? Win a flag from 9th after they literally gifted us a Finals spot in the first place!
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #20
@Nathbear

What you are saying Nath is the stuff of dreams but dreams sometimes come true. I'm not letting those thoughts through too much though until after we see what happens this Sat.   ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #21
@Nathbear

What you are saying Nath is the stuff of dreams but dreams sometimes come true. I'm not letting those thoughts through too much though until after we see what happens this Sat.   ;)

Excellent plan haha
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #22
I will happily give up a premiership for another 20 years if we can win the premiership from 8th after being gifted a spot because Essendon got busted for doping... Please Lord...

Reply #23
I will happily give up a premiership for another 20 years if we can win the premiership from 8th after being gifted a spot because Essendon got busted for doping... Please Lord...

What a great story that would make. Can just imagine the world wide press jumping onto it as a symbol of fairness triumphant over cheating.  If Karma truly exists, we should at least be in with a chance on that basis alone.  :)

Edit: But we have to get in first, the memory of last years GC game still lingers in my mind.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #25

What a great story that would make. Can just imagine the world wide press jumping onto it as a symbol of fairness triumphant over cheating.  If Karma truly exists, we should at least be in with a chance on that basis alone.  :)

Edit: But we have to get in first, the memory of last years GC game still lingers in my mind.

Just to crown the story Sam Rowe dominating inside fifty kicking the winning goal...
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #26
Maddd! Richmond at the G, with Juddy it was meant to be!

Friggin' delusional.....

Nah fk it Brettie, it's a final mate, we've got some suffering ahead IMO so let's get another little taste to keep us going for the next 5-6 years. ;)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #27
delete

Reply #28
Before the comments today the only mention was 100% negative, perhaps time heals all wounds but it has only been four days!
You pulled up 3 or 4 people who said he was crap, one of them was you who is still hurt over Hampson's shortcomings and another was The Sheik who says everyone is crap.
I never mentioned Casboult in the post game thread or the voting thread, sorry to disappoint you! I only mentioned him in this thread discussing the viability of our list in finals in the context of playing a bloke like Judd as being worth the risk. This is the relevant thread for that discussion, and Judd isn't the overriding consideration but the players around him are!

Hampson hasn't played for months, and that is your best defense for Casboult or our other tall forwards!!!  ::)

Most of the forum I would assume think he was serviceable because if he was that bad this place certainly wouldn't have missed him.
They just failed to notice the 200cm 105kg piece of Meat with the shag haircut!

A couple of the main reasons we lost that game were because Warnock's taps against Ryder were useless, and Casboult's minimal relief ruckwork was even worse. In addition despite having Casboult at 200cm roaming F50 for the majority of the game, and Henderson 196cm roaming inside F50, the only effective contested marks taken inside F50 came from Menzel. I do not consider the talls taking diving marks on the lead outside F50 as effective, we have any number of fast small / medium forwards that can do that leading into space. If the talls are out on the wing our F50 is hopelessly out gunned and we see it time and time again. On Saturday when they stayed deep maybe up to a dozen times our mids delivered the ball quickly and deeply into F50 only to see Carlilse, Hooker and Goddard clear the ball with relative ease. The EFC defense punched the ball wherever they liked and at ground level Hendo and Casboult were relatively useless.

Our best performed marking target was probably Menzel and that was only for half a game and our hardest working inside F50 target was McLean and he was only on the ground for about 10mins!

In retrospect I think MM made a massive error leaving Waite in defense and Hendo up forward, at least Waite makes a contest in the hot zone. Hendo is too slow once the ball hits the deck, and Casboult just doesn't contest as some of the post game thread criticisms suggest.

So in conclusion, if that is the best we can offer in the finals I say we might as well mothball them now!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #29
A couple of the main reasons we lost that game .....

We can all bleat on about changes that should have been made, in game strategy etc but very simply we lost because we didn't KICK STRAIGHT.

Q1 - 9 POINTS (3 GOALS)
Q3 - 8 POINTS (4 GOALS)
Q4 - 4 POINTS (0 GOALS)

On a dry, pretty windless night that is simply inexcusable for an elite professional football team.
Finals, then 4 in a row!