Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Parley-2019 AFL Rd 2: Carlton vs Port Adelaide:  (Read 17399 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Parley-2019 AFL Rd 2: Carlton vs Port Adelaide:

Reply #90
The commentators for the north vs lions game just said Charlie to miss 2-3 weeks with bone bruising.

Reply #91
The commentators for the north vs lions game just said Charlie to miss 2-3 weeks with bone bruising.
Ed confirmed same during AFLW GF interview.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #92
Yep Lobbe would've been very handy.....

Further, why not ED C. to curb a Rockliff or Boak? Baffing...anyway will watch replay tonight (was a bit distracted last night)

I think when other teams play two decent rucks then we have to think about the second ruckman...Lobbe is a big unit and probably suited to players like Ryder and Lycett.
Its hard when your rucks are not much value anywhere else on the ground but you cant let the opposition wear down your one ruckman and then take over in the final stages
and help win the game.

re: Robbie Gray......looked a poor game from him mainly because he didnt kick his usual bag then you look at the clearances and he was the 3rd best clearance player on the ground with 8 and had 27 possies. Port threw him on the ball when it mattered and he delivered.....

Reply #93
re: Robbie Gray......looked a poor game from him mainly because he didnt kick his usual bag then you look at the clearances and he was the 3rd best clearance player on the ground with 8 and had 27 possies. Port threw him on the ball when it mattered and he delivered.....

Great player, but he's caught the free kick staging bug big time!

Lobbe was apparently BoG in the VFL practice match.

Out they go,

patience is a limited quantity!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #94
Phillip's has been ok.

If we are going to rock someone else it should be Liam Jones who gave us his lesser self against port.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #95
Phillips has battled but his opponents have been BOG 2 weeks in a row. He needs help.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #96
Yep,  Phillips hasn't been poor but his man has been BOG and we've been flogged in clearances.  Time to change it up.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #97
Yep,  Phillips hasn't been poor but his man has been BOG and we've been flogged in clearances.  Time to change it up.

Yes, it's not about what Phillips has done, it's what his opponents get away with!

The lad needs to do more than just jumping and marking, he's got to develop a physical presence or he'll become another Casboult.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #98
I think when other teams play two decent rucks then we have to think about the second ruckman...Lobbe is a big unit and probably suited to players like Ryder and Lycett.
Its hard when your rucks are not much value anywhere else on the ground but you cant let the opposition wear down your one ruckman and then take over in the final stages
and help win the game.

We're $hit with 2 rucks. We'd only play worse and might not be in the game anyway. Be counterproductive. Win a few extra taps but get smashed everywhere else and end up.worse off. Nowhere in our side's structure can we play two rucks anyway now bar the next 2 weeks.

With Charlie out would prefer to play a small or bring in Levi if you really want a relief ruck. We may even chose the status quo, so to speak, and pick Kerr.

Reply #99
People are talking about Kennedy playing well at VFL practice match, but that came off the back of Lobbe probably being BoG.

So for me it's Charlie, Fasolo and Ed out.

Lobbe, Kennedy and SoJ in.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #100
We're $hit with 2 rucks. We'd only play worse and might not be in the game anyway. Be counterproductive. Win a few extra taps but get smashed everywhere else and end up.worse off. Nowhere in our side's structure can we play two rucks anyway now bar the next 2 weeks.

With Charlie out would prefer to play a small or bring in Levi if you really want a relief ruck. We may even chose the status quo, so to speak, and pick Kerr.

I think its horses for courses.......Lycett and Ryder are decent players and more the physical type of ruckman who want to bang bodies, think you need the extra help to combat them.
Two weeks in a row now they have ganged up and worn down Gawn and now Philips...

re: Swans...Been running Sinclair with Sam Reid as backup ruck....much like us with Philips and Harry so I wouldnt be playing the extra ruckman this week.

Philips and Lobbe isnt ideal as neither are much chop down forward and it does mess with your structure and rotations...I guess our old friend Levi is the happy medium as he can offer something down forward..

re: Kerr.....impressed in the ruck in the twos as he mobile and handy around the ground but alas I think opportunities will be rare unless we get some major injuries....

Reply #101
I didn't see the game and have seen little vision since, however, the biggest problem I believe is that for two weeks in a row we haven't scored a goal in an entire quarter. What I think we need to be able to do is to some how scramble a couple of goals when the ball isn't running our way. Against Richmond in that first quarter we either didn't hit a target or our forwards didn't get to where the ball was going. If we would have been able to kick a couple of goals in that first quarter against Richmond and a couple of goals in the second quarter against Port, the whole narrative of those games would be different and would mean that we would be in stronger positions at three quarter time which in turn makes it easier to run out the games. We need to learn how to kick goals, not only when we are controlling the game, but also when we are not controlling the game.

Reply #102
I would have thought Casboult is the obvious replacement for Charlie. His form has been reasonable in the pre-season and he seems fitter. He is a competent second ruck and gives us a marking target. Also McKay would not need to ruck. I also think Jack should be in the side.

Reply #103
Was anyone else surprised by how effective Weiters was against Westhoff?

For me Westhoff wouldn't have been a good match-up for us, he's quite mobile, fast for his size, and a highly aerobic player yet Weiters really seemed to stitch him up.

It will be interesting to see if any fans there on the day have some insight in to how this panned out!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #104
Was anyone else surprised by how effective Weiters was against Westhoff?

For me Westhoff wouldn't have been a good match-up for us, he's quite mobile, fast for his size, and a highly aerobic player yet Weiters really seemed to stitch him up.

It will be interesting to see if any fans there on the day have some insight in to how this panned out!

Weiters has improved significantly I think and Westhoff is not getting any younger.
Reality always wins in the end.