Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 17 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs West Coast (Read 5010 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 17 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs West Coast

Reply #90
If you have any left over LN, give me a slice please.

I think we deserve equal serves!

I'm still pinching myself. Had no expectation of being in the 8 at this point. It really takes some getting used to when you're optimism gets crushed for a decade or two. We'll have to keep working on our 'winners list craft'
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #91
I think we deserve equal serves!

I'm still pinching myself. Had no expectation of being in the 8 at this point. It really takes some getting used to when you're optimism gets crushed for a decade or two. We'll have to keep working on our 'winners list craft'

Another slice here, too, thank you!!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #92
I'm completely confident that any team which includes and retains Weitering will be driven to succeed, as mild mannered as he comes across make no mistake, he has white-line fever when he runs onto the field and is driven to win.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #94
How fabulous to finally be celebrating small successes. It feels surreal that's for sure.

Sometimes when I wake up I check the ladder to make sure I hadn't dreamt it. Does that happen to anyone else?

I don't really know what to expect from here. I do know I'll be ecstatic if we do make finals. It's a real credit to everyone at the club turning this big baby around so quickly. The dark days of MM BB and even the TT seem like ancient history. Quite astounding.

Go Blues.
PS. Happy to graze on humble pie for the rest of the season.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #95
How fabulous to finally be celebrating small successes. It feels surreal that's for sure.

Sometimes when I wake up I check the ladder to make sure I hadn't dreamt it. Does that happen to anyone else?

I don't really know what to expect from here. I do know I'll be ecstatic if we do make finals. It's a real credit to everyone at the club turning this big baby around so quickly. The dark days of MM BB and even the TT seem like ancient history. Quite astounding.

Go Blues.
PS. Happy to graze on humble pie for the rest of the season.
I'm with ya LN, I was talking to a mate the day and we asked ourselves the question, What's changed?
Apart from being 11-5 instead of the usual  5-11, the following sticks out for me:
- We play hard and we are hard to play.
- We play selfless footy instead of selfish. To quote Tina Turner, "We dont need another hero".
- We are in every game, we fight until the end.
- Before this year, I didn't know WTF they were doing on game day and I suspect many of the players didn't either. Now, every player to a man seems to know their role.
- When we are "on", we play scintillating footy and can beat anyone, anytime, anywhere.
- We we do lose, you can see exactly how we strayed from our DNA Game Style. Every other year for me it was "WTF did I just watch?"
- Our talent has come to the fore, we have a group of very talented guys who have now played many years together and they are 100% connected.
- Our whole club is united and aligned, that is more powerful than many realise.
You say you dont know what to expect, if you think about, we should now know exactly what to expect.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #96
I'm with ya LN, I was talking to a mate the day and we asked ourselves the question, What's changed?
Apart from being 11-5 instead of the usual  5-11, the following sticks out for me:
- We play selfless footy instead of selfish. To quote Tina Turner, "We dont need another hero".
- Before this year, I didn't know WTF they were doing on game day and I suspect many of the players didn't either. Now, every player to a man seems to know their role.
- When we are "on", we play scintillating footy and can beat anyone, anytime, anywhere.
- We we do lose, you can see exactly how we strayed from our DNA Game Style. Every other year for me it was "WTF did I just watch?"
- Our talent has come to the fore, we have a group of very talented guys who have now played many years together and they are 100% connected.
- Our whole club is united and aligned, that is more powerful than many realise.
You say you dont know what to expect, if you think about, we should now know exactly what to expect.

Of course, the frustrating thing about this series of observations is that it has been achieved with largely the same personnel we already had.

Amazing how a couple of well-targeted recruits (and not just those that run out on the footy ground) can make a world of difference.  We have gone from being a laughing stock at the end of last year after the Teague/Liddle fiasco, to being one of the more stable clubs in the competition.   Even Flubbo and his anti-Carlton HS mates are struggling to find a crack to write about.

This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #97
Of course, the frustrating thing about this series of observations is that it has been achieved with largely the same personnel we already had.
It's not just about one or two extras, experience, continuity and games under the belt make more of a difference than anything else.

Whether you are turning over players or coaches it has the same effect, destroying continuity and hindering progress.

I think the biggest achievement of Voss is seeing an uncompromising demand for effort and sacrifice, whether it's Cripps or Carroll, you have to do the right thing by those around you. No more prima donnas! But again, some of this comes from players like Weitering and Walsh moving beyond newbies to become senior leaders with experience and games under the belt.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #98

Top notch summary, GTC Old Son.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #99
Lets not forget that we have Ashley Hanson here now.  He is credited with being a bit of a tactical weapon that the Bulldogs appear to be missing sorely. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #100
Lets not forget that we have Ashley Hanson here now.  He is credited with being a bit of a tactical weapon that the Bulldogs appear to be missing sorely. 
I have nearly always credited the Assistants when I praise Voss (ie coaching staff). The previous lot of bone heads wouldnt carry this lots bags.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time