Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Elimination Final 1 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Sydney  (Read 10212 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Elimination Final 1 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #61
Everyone manage to get their tickets? I did, took 40 mins online to get through through and then the ticketing threw me so also we have level 2 membership, we are up on top level. Just happy to be there tho, cannot wait!
Been hanging on the ticketek site for 45min. Still can't get through
 :-X

Reply #62
I cant say I share your confidence. Swans finals experience will cause us headaches.

Our recent games against Port, Collingwood, Melbourne and St Kilda had been more finals-like in terms of intensity and crowds that many recent finals ... and we now have a core group of players with finals experience.

If we play our brand of footy, the Swans will have no answers.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #63
The approach to the GWS game was fairly predictable, as was the result.

This game is so much less certain.
Because we're in uncharted territory.
A territory our rivals are more than familiar with.
We'll need to be prepared.

Will we be ready for finals pressure?
The opposition will know exactly what it's all about.
Who'll stand up?
Will some be found wanting?
Will just the making of finals be enough...and will we find it difficult to progress?
The effort to get there has been a great achievement...but despite the words that the job is not done, it's quite possible that the players haven't thought much past that goal...and there may be a let down?

On ability and effort in the second half of the season we should be favoured.
But take nothing for granted.

Reply #64
Everyone manage to get their tickets? I did, took 40 mins online to get through through and then the ticketing threw me so also we have level 2 membership, we are up on top level. Just happy to be there tho, cannot wait!
I had a few nervous moments when 10am ticked over, had the recurring 10 second refresh with no action for a couple of minutes. Then got through and it was plain sailing from there. Cat 1 level 2, happy days. All up about 5 or 6 mins.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #65
But take nothing for granted as finals are a different ball game.
EFA ;D
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #67
I had a few nervous moments when 10am ticked over, had the recurring 10 second refresh with no action for a couple of minutes. Then got through and it was plain sailing from there. Cat 1 level 2, happy days. All up about 5 or 6 mins.

Good work...enjoy

I just get the impression, reading around on social media, the scammers are out in force. You would want to be careful trying to acquire tickets through anything other than legitimate avenues.

Reply #68

I had the same experience.

Got on at 10:01.
Waiting for maybe 10 minutes
Tickets all sorted by 1015.
7 rows back from the fence in the pocket. Hoping to get a good view of Charlie dominating for the little one.

Reply #69

Excited to say I’ll be attending my first game in MCC members stand  8)  rarely get to go as from interstate so hoping we can pull out a win.

Reply #70
Well that was an interesting experience... getting my tickets to next Friday's game. Have not done this before.

Took ages to finally get through. Then when I eventually did (about 40 minutes) I took a risk and rejected the first tickets (in the rafters) so kept trying again, and again, and again. Paid off in the end.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #71
We should account for the Swans comfortably imo.....No Franklin, banged up Papley if he plays, Hickey on his last legs retiring and a very undersized and underwhelming backline. Heeney is a poor finals performer and for me its a case of shutting down a couple of their star onballers in Gulden and Warner and the rest should fall into place.
No silly matchups or experimental positions ie I dont want inexperienced players like Cincotta on Heeney or Hollands on Gulden, or Harry rucking when they have their best mids in operation  and they get some easy clearances.
 A player like Gulden needs to be shut down not have one of ours playing off him in a head to head fashion hoping to get more of the ball and win on the stat sheet. A common sense approach to matchups and attention to detail is all that is needed to win this game on the wide open plains of the MCG which should suit us more than the Swans.

Reply #72
Well that was an interesting experience... getting my tickets to next Friday's game. Have not done this before.

Took ages to finally get through. Then when I eventually did (about 40 minutes) I took a risk and rejected the first tickets (in the rafters) so kept trying again, and again, and again. Paid off in the end.
With the online ticketing agents being shambolic with big events, I have been told and read online that rejecting is fraught with danger, I would have taken seats in the toilet if that was they offered.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #73
We should account for the Swans comfortably imo.....No Franklin, banged up Papley if he plays, Hickey on his last legs retiring and a very undersized and underwhelming backline. Heeney is a poor finals performer and for me its a case of shutting down a couple of their star onballers in Gulden and Warner and the rest should fall into place.
No silly matchups or experimental positions ie I dont want inexperienced players like Cincotta on Heeney or Hollands on Gulden, or Harry rucking when they have their best mids in operation  and they get some easy clearances.
 A player like Gulden needs to be shut down not have one of ours playing off him in a head to head fashion hoping to get more of the ball and win on the stat sheet. A common sense approach to matchups and attention to detail is all that is needed to win this game on the wide open plains of the MCG which should suit us more than the Swans.
Again, l dont share your confidence. They average 89 pts for this year and concede 81 (if you take away their 205 pt game v WC its drops from 89 to 84). We average 84 and concede 74 so I think it will be closer than many think. Chances of "poor finals players" having another stinker are slim IMO. I rate Heeney and believe he will be out to make a mends so take them lightly at our peril. I would be confident against any of the other 6th -8th  sides in a final, not Syd thought.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #74
Again, l dont share your confidence. They average 89 pts for this year and concede 81 (if you take away their 205 pt game v WC its drops from 89 to 84). We average 84 and concede 74 so I think it will be closer than many think. Chances of "poor finals players" having another stinker are slim IMO. I rate Heeney and believe he will be out to make a mends so take them lightly at our peril. I would be confident against any of the other 6th -8th  sides in a final, not Syd thought.

Agree again. There's plenty of experienced, quality players on their list. They don't need to be stars to make an impact. McClean, Rowbottom, Cunningham, Hayward, Florent, Mills, Blakey, McInerney etc. - these are all solid, bankable AFL players, and not to be taken lightly IMO.