Skip to main content
Topic: R1 vs Port Adelaide @ Etihad - Pre-Match Postulating (Read 56256 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R1 vs Port Adelaide @ Etihad - Pre-Match Postulating

Reply #61
Hendo in doubt according the Healy on OTC  last night.

Reply #62

No doubt he is unaware that he played VFL on Friday.

Hope he is as correct as when that show proclaimed Yarran would never play another game for Carlton.

Reply #63

No doubt he is unaware that he played VFL on Friday.

Hope he is as correct as when that show proclaimed Yarran would never play another game for Carlton.

Healy really bugs me. For someone of his standing I feel like he has no idea what he is on about half the time, especially regarding us.

Reply #64
Healy is a noob of the highest order. Single handedly kept Matty Lappin out of the starting line up of the AA team back in 2004 as he wanted his lovechild Aussie Jones to complete his comeback and get AA.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #65
So reports that Hendo did  his groin on Friday were incorrect ?

Reply #66
Healy is a noob of the highest order. Single handedly kept Matty Lappin out of the starting line up of the AA team back in 2004 as he wanted his lovechild Aussie Jones to complete his comeback and get AA.

Has he ever forgiven us for knocking him clean out at a game at PP many years ago?

I was there that day cookie but that was Greg not Gerard. Steve Da Rui was the man with the golden shoulder that day (could pack a hit too) and it was actually Healy's 50th game! Cleaned him up good and proper. :))
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #67

Who knows? 

At this time of year the club is only interested in selling memberships.  Any official reports are to be disregarded as they are likely to downplay significant injuries, or over spruik the clubs fortunes in an effort to get the swing members to sign up.

I know one thing, we play Port and have no idea how we will fare.  Hopefully its well and start the season off on a good foot.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #68

Completely false.

Article posted today on CFC website says Hendo is available for selection for Sunday.

Reply #69

http://northernbluesfc.com.au/news/310-nbfc-henderson-returns-via-northern-blues.html

“Getting a full game I felt was important today. As I said I felt like I was moving freely out there.

“I’ve pulled up well. I’ll focus on my recovery, get some solid work done on the track and see what happens from there.”

Sounds like he has come up ok.  Still in doubt for friday but that has more to do with a lack of run than an injury problem according to the article quoted.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #71
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2014-03-11/hendo-right-for-round-1

According to this Hendo will be available this week, and Carrots and Doherty for R2, with Juddy for R3.

It did hint Juddy could be back for round 2. But with all 3 not having had any praccy matches, I'd assume all (including Judd) should play VFL.

Reply #72

According to this Hendo will be available this week, and Carrots and Doherty for R2, with Juddy for R3.

It did hint Juddy could be back for round 2. But with all 3 not having had any praccy matches, I'd assume all (including Judd) should play VFL.
Better for us in the long term not to rush him back, no matter how ugly it may be in the short term.
For that matter, it might be better of Hendo and Carrots came back via the Northern Blues too. We want them in some sort of form. Basically, it is a long season and we need to manage them as best we can.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #73

Juddy would have kept himself tidy as much as possible with swimming, bike etc before running again.  Could we do worse than using him as the sub in Round 2, hopefully bring him on when the pace is out of the game and let him run riot in the third quarter just to really p1ss the tigers off again!!

Reply #74

Completely false.

Article posted today on CFC website says Hendo is available for selection for Sunday.
And CFC wouldn't lie about injuries ::)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time