Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Thread: AFL 2019 Rd 13: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 12039 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Thread: AFL 2019 Rd 13: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

Reply #30
Goddard is depth not demanding first team football and gives us what Levi gives us in a younger package.

Goddard is not a viable backup ruck option, he plays more like a heavier version of Marchbank.

I think the scenario you propose is only valid if we've solved the ruck/2nd ruck problems we currently have.

Kerr is probably closer to what you describe as a viable Levi substitute than Goddard.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #31
Goddard is not a viable backup ruck option, he plays more like a heavier version of Marchbank.

I think the scenario you propose is only valid if we've solved the ruck/2nd ruck problems we currently have.

Kerr is probably closer to what you describe as a viable Levi substitute than Goddard.
Agree

Reply #32
My thoughts too, you watch Goddard and he can only run in a straight line, good mark and kick but no allround mobility.
Jones would make a good old fashioned follower and be shock value as a ruckman/onballer....
IMO we work better down forward when its just McKay and Charlie, even McGovern over crowds things and we have more space when he is up the ground IMO...

Jones on a wing could do the same thing. When he played on the ball before his promotion he was not only outstanding but physically dangerous to the opposition. Wing could be similar. worked well for Richo and Riewoldt.

Reply #33
In - Murphy
Out - Jack

Reply #34
EMG Polson Kennedy Lobbe and BEN Silvagni

Reply #35
In - Murphy
Out - Jack

Reckon Jack is a bit stiff.

He set up a few goals early by sheer desire, and they were at a stage when we couldn’t buy a goal.  Hope he keeps his chin up and has a big game in the 2nds.

Reply #37
Silvagni desperately unlucky to be dropped. In the first half last week especially, when we were diabolical, he was one of the few having a red hot go and putting his body on the line.

Reply #38
Agree re Jack, very stiff. From what I saw he deserved to keep his spot

Reply #39
Thats a p!$$ take, he's not even VFL development side standard.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #40

Interesting lot of emergencies. In some cases i'm sure they do it to just keep some players encouraged.

Reply #41
Surprised to see Jack dropped. Same terrific second and third efforts leading to goals. Can only assume that he didn't do 'his job'.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #42
What did Jack do wrong?   I thought his repeat efforts and desperation was handy,  even though he didn't rack up a heap of stats.

Be ready for a late out IMO.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #43
How can you drop Jack for Murphy?

Young bloke tries his guts out for a princess who is just there to get paid.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #44
Six effective disposals, one tackle and a missed shot at goal isn’t good enough, even with the second and third efforts that led to the Gibbons goal.  Jack was our weakest player last round and doesn’t deserve a spot in the 22 on his performance.

He needs to work on his marking and goal kicking while he’s running around with the NBs.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball