Skip to main content
Topic: Welcome Folks, Have A Good Look Around (Read 40178 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Welcome Folks, Have A Good Look Around

Reply #15
It's a bit like the "Like" function on some sites.
If folk like the 'cut' of your post they'll 'applaud' it.
Your Karma will rise.
If they don't like what you have to say they will 'smite  you and your Karma will go "down the gurgler"

Ah I see.

Thanks lods.

Reply #16
This new site is taking a little time to adjust to, and understand, but it is way faster. Be interesting if it doesn't exist, to have an info area that explains how everything works and what it means (Shout etc). For new people and idiots like me. Having said that I bet it already exists but I haven't found it yet. ;D
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #17
This new site is taking a little time to adjust to, and understand, but it is way faster. Be interesting if it doesn't exist, to have an info area that explains how everything works and what it means (Shout etc). For new people and idiots like me. Having said that I bet it already exists but I haven't found it yet. ;D

Mantis, glad to see the return of the green stick, but not quite as green as I remember.

Reply #18
Mr. Mantis,

We are discussing numerous ways of educating the members regarding the many new functions and features of the site. It is anticipated that there will be regular newsletters which include one

We are also reading through the manual to find out how all of the many new features can be of benefit to everyone. As quickly as we get a clear understanding of them, we will endeavour to pass them on to everyone.

There is nothing to stop you from having a play around with things too. As an example, might I suggest you push a few buttons around your page to see what they do to the look of the layout ? The three buttons on the top right really change the view and it is all up to your personal taste how that is set.

BBB 

Reply #19
Does the software come with a mobile version of the site?

Reply #20
Something that is being looked into at this time. The whole move has happened very quickly and it basically had to, Spanner did a great job getting things running and the structure of the place is top notch. BBB and I have been getting familiar with controls and trying things out, you will notice that post counts went up and came back down and are now invisible.

BBB has implemented a new grading system for posts, the karma system is a great idea as it leads hopefully to a more thoughtful level of posts.

I really enjoy the minimize buttons in the top right hand corner that control the people online (which I turn off) the shout box (again I have it switched off) and the recent threads which I leave on. It seems to take away the clutter.

We will continue to "play" with the layout and features for some time yet. That being said I know that we are very happy with how smooth the move has been, this time last week Spanner was still setting it up.

Reply #21
Bit disappointed that the Karma function is only connected to Posters, but not the individual posts. It kind of defeats the purpose, for me anyway !!!

I've had the chance to have a bit of a 'play' with the site and everything else seems great !! Some really good new features, the 'user' feature in the left panel will be very helpful !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #22

Mantis, glad to see the return of the green stick, but not quite as green as I remember.

Look closer buddy. This is the revamped cyborg type new technology bug. I have another too which will surface from time to time.
 8)
At BBB.

Thanks for the write up. I always worry pressing a button will send me to the darkest side of cyberspace. Maybe turn this site up side down and inside out. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #23

Look closer buddy. This is the revamped cyborg type new technology bug. I have another too which will surface from time to time.
 8)
At BBB.

Thanks for the write up. I always worry pressing a button will send me to the darkest side of cyberspace. Maybe turn this site up side down and inside out. ;)

Mantis, ha ha.

Darkest side of cyberspace ? That would be the buttons that take you to BomberBlitz, Saintsational, or Punt Road End.

Reply #24
At BBB.

I can hear him saying "please keep pushing buttons then Mr. Mantis".   O:-)
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #25

Via tapatalk or similar would be great when on the mobile - if possible.

Love the new site.

Coudos to all involved thus far.

Reply #26
Had a quick look around are there no polls?

Reply #27

Via tapatalk or similar would be great when on the mobile - if possible.

Love the new site.

Coudos to all involved thus far.

I was prompted to use tapatalk - just going to check it out now :-D

Reply #28
The logo Spanner did when no one came forward with the skills to do a banner, BTW we are still looking for one. the squares are a post indicator that may or may not be changed as we go. The staff here are learning the back part of it still and will take time to master. Be patient please.

It's been a very long time since a visit, but thought of this as it doesn't seem to be used much by the club anymore in this font.