Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 8: Carlton vs GWS (Read 12697 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 8: Carlton vs GWS

Reply #30
Conligio has a sore pinky, bit like Beams who suddenly got sore but I see is straight back for the Pies this week.....think the GWS man might be having a managed holiday.
See GWS have picked Keefe who is a big defender and will probably pick up Harry, Mummy is is a big plus for them and will probably try and body slam a few of our little blokes disguised as tackles of course.

Reply #31
Just saw the last time we played them they won by a lazy 105 points. And that game was in melb  :o

However out of the 22 players that took the field in that game only 9 are playing in this week game so that’s 13 changes in one year!

Makes you realise how inexperienced our current best team is, in terms of playing continuity as a group....

Don’t think we will win but play with the intensity and belief we did last week and we will scare the sh1t out of them. And if we for once get a decent run off the umpires maybe we can upset them.

Reply #32
Just saw the last time we played them they won by a lazy 105 points. And that game was in melb  :o

However out of the 22 players that took the field in that game only 9 are playing in this week game so I’m other words 13 changes.

When you see that you realise how inexperienced our current best team is, in terms of playing continuity as a group....

Don’t think we will win but play with the intensity and belief we did last week and we will scare the sh1t out of them. And if we for once get a decent run off the umpires maybe we can upset them.

...and off the top of my head, the time before that we beat them by a point, here. CBF checking how many changes we've had since then.
I just remember it was one of my kids 1st game, he was our lucky charm.

Reply #33

However out of the 22 players that took the field in that game only 9 are playing in this week game so I’m other words 13 changes.

When you see that you realise how inexperienced our current best team is, in terms of playing continuity as a group....

Yes, agree. Understanding context, dynamics and history is important.

Reply #34
Over our blokes being physically beaten up.  Somebody has to stand up to the likes of MumThug, if he tackles-slams somebody we must counter at some point with some retribution - it doesn't have to be him, just make a few of the others start looking sideways.  GWS aren't a hard side - they wont like it if we push back.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #35
Over our blokes being physically beaten up.  Somebody has to stand up to the likes of MumThug, if he tackles-slams somebody we must counter at some point with some retribution - it doesn't have to be him, just make a few of the others start looking sideways.  GWS aren't a hard side - they wont like it if we push back.

GWS were poor last week and we are not without a chance, they must be cocky resting Coniglio and if we can do the pushing they might fold up like they did last week.
Target Kelly and Whitfield for close attention and make sure we look after Cripps at the stoppages and deal with Debeor like Mummy will deal with our onball kids if he gets a chance.

Reply #36
O'Brien, Garlett and Fasolo named.....don't recall any of them doing anything in the VFL in recent weeks!!!

Reply #37
O'Brien, Garlett and Fasolo named.....don't recall any of them doing anything in the VFL in recent weeks!!!

I haven't seen too much of the VFL reports lately, but with the injury carp we have going on I think we are looking for anything that will vaguely fit into the open gaps.

Reply #38
Speaking of injuries do we know the extent of Williamson's "back" injury. Is it a relapse. Can't help but think he may not make it now...

Reply #39
With Plowman and Williamson out and Newman back, then probably just one more defender so maybe Garlett gets a shot (gulp). One of Levi or McGovern will have to play back as they'll have Cameron, Finlayson and Himmelberg up forward. Would still like Kennedy in that team to give Cripps a chop out....no one else is stepping up in the midfield to help.

Reply #40
......................................... Would still like Kennedy in that team to give Cripps a chop out....no one else is stepping up in the midfield to help.

Not happy with Setterfield's work ?

Reply #41
Speaking of injuries do we know the extent of Williamson's "back" injury. Is it a relapse. Can't help but think he may not make it now...

So is it confirmed as back, I had heard he may have a new unrelated injury?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #42
So is it confirmed as back, I had heard he may have a new unrelated injury?
In the injury report, it was stated that he hyper-extended his back.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #43
PP...yeah happy having Setterfield but he seems to play more outside/wing than in the guts. Kennedy seems to be regularly in the best in the VFL (don't get much of it over here) but there seems to be other guys that get a berth in the team ahead of him....just curious as to whether there's something about his game that's not up to standard? I guess we'll see later this arvo when final squads are announced.

Reply #44
PP...yeah happy having Setterfield but he seems to play more outside/wing than in the guts. Kennedy seems to be regularly in the best in the VFL (don't get much of it over here) but there seems to be other guys that get a berth in the team ahead of him....just curious as to whether there's something about his game that's not up to standard? I guess we'll see later this arvo when final squads are announced.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2019-05-08/carlton-coaches-corner-will-setterfield

Dated 8th May.