Skip to main content
Topic: Round 11 Carlton v Brisbane (Read 34559 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 11 Carlton v Brisbane

Reply #75
Which facebook page was it on.
Not the club one??

(Edit.....Yeh seems it was... and it looks from her profile page she's a genuine supporter)

Reply #76
Read this on facebook. Sheesh.

Dear Carlton Football Players and Facility.
this year we are celebrating our 150th year and you have chosen the hashatag to be ‪#‎UNITED‬! WHY? Today at the Gabba, local support and cheersquad members who have made their way up to support you this weekend, atteneded a light training session. the fans (approx 20-30) were given a particular seating/viewing area where you trained right in front of. at the end you walk straight off, no thank yous, no waves or thumbs up NOTHING...THIS IS WHY MEMBERSHIPS ARE THE WAY THEY ARE. no love for the fans. YOU TRAINED RIGHT IN FRONT OF US it would of taken 10 minute to sign the young kids jumpers and get a photo with your supporters, not to forget thanking cheersquad members for traveling all this way just to support you as well as provide a banner!! Yall need to take into consideration the fans as without youd have no careers or club!!!!!! #UNITED ‪#‎takealonghardlookatyourselves‬

I reckon this is a beat up!

Would the players be informed that "approx. 20-30" supporters are sitting in a particular area and should be acknowledged at the end of training?  I think not. 

I would have been happy just to have a seat from which to watch training.  Being a supporter is about supporting your team, not being pandered to by players whose focus should be on preparing for their next game.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #77
Hmm our very own Bluesgirl seemed to have a bit to say as well.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #78
@DJC

Goes both ways.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #79
We don't know for sure what the situation was but you'd think the majority of casual folk watching the Blues train would be Carlton supporters.
On a once a year trip you would like to think the team would be encouraged to do a quick meet and greet with the fans.

Reply #80

Would the players be informed that "approx. 20-30" supporters are sitting in a particular area and should be acknowledged at the end of training?  I think not. 

I would have been happy just to have a seat from which to watch training.  Being a supporter is about supporting your team, not being pandered to by players whose focus should be on preparing for their next game.

Nah, this is poor administration, they are probably sh1te scared to tell MM he has to wait 5 mins to talk to the players. I recall McGuire having to step in at Collingwood when they started snubbing fans in the early 2000s. MM was and can still be pretty cold to fans and supporters, in this respect he may not be living his mantra!

So it's not the players fault, it's the Executive and the Membership departments that are to blame for being too piss weak to tell the MC the players need to show fans some respect!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #81
Read this on facebook. Sheesh.

Dear Carlton Football Players and Facility.
this year we are celebrating our 150th year and you have chosen the hashatag to be ‪#‎UNITED‬! WHY? Today at the Gabba, local support and cheersquad members who have made their way up to support you this weekend, atteneded a light training session. the fans (approx 20-30) were given a particular seating/viewing area where you trained right in front of. at the end you walk straight off, no thank yous, no waves or thumbs up NOTHING...THIS IS WHY MEMBERSHIPS ARE THE WAY THEY ARE. no love for the fans. YOU TRAINED RIGHT IN FRONT OF US it would of taken 10 minute to sign the young kids jumpers and get a photo with your supporters, not to forget thanking cheersquad members for traveling all this way just to support you as well as provide a banner!! Yall need to take into consideration the fans as without youd have no careers or club!!!!!! #UNITED ‪#‎takealonghardlookatyourselves‬

You're a hard man DJC.

Maybe next time I am 50/50 about going to the game I will give the players the same amount of my time as they gave their supporters. You sign a jumper and you have a potential supporter for life.

Reply #82
Hmm our very own Bluesgirl seemed to have a bit to say as well.

If they snubbed Bluesgirl they need their ar5e kicked, didn't they use Bluesgirl and her friends to promote the club once in the past! It would be like not acknowledging Zwarry and her boy! (Oh, I forget they did that as well once!)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #83
You're a hard man DJC.

Maybe next time I am 50/50 about going to the game I will give the players the same amount of my time as they gave their supporters. You sign a jumper and you have a potential supporter for life.

My boy played little league for Hawks and for Carlton, Hawthorn kept them back 5m away from the players. Carlton back in 2003 let the players like Whitnall and others high five them as they ran back on the ground. He is a life long Blues fan now, that was perhaps the tipping point!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #84
Massaging supporters is important but it won't mean a fat rat's clacker if we lose.

The focus must be on preparation for the game but that's not to say that the club couldn't have arranged for a couple of players (perhaps those who won't play) to sign autographs.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #85
i heard there could be a late out, Blaine Johnson could debut. Sick of this crap, seems like we have a late out every other bloody week  >:(

Whats with the mind games??? Hope my mate is wrong.

Reply #86
I agree re admin, the players are obviously not the sharpest tools in the shed they need some sort of direction.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #87
i heard there could be a late out, Blaine Johnson could debut. Sick of this crap, seems like we have a late out every other bloody week  >:(

Whats with the mind games??? Hope my mate is wrong.

That list of emergencies doesn't really install fear into the oppo, nor fill us with the knowledge that we have depth ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #88
Bad vibe.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #89
I've heard a rumour Murphy is out with soreness, a hip problem allegedly!
The Force Awakens!