Skip to main content
Topic: Blues v Tigers in game (Read 55167 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues v Tigers in game

Reply #90
Mcguiness has been very ordinary, Armfield has done zero, Bell the same. That's three passengers. hard to win a game with one passenger let alone three.

Armfield has totally shut down Ellis. Bell has started to get into it this second quarter.
Keep the Faith

Reply #91
At the ground. Would like to see vision of Bell sh1t-mixing Cotchin. Possible?

Reply #92
Thats what I like to watch Commitment!! hate losing but I can cope if we have have a red hot go for 4 qtrs, Gibbs has been good and for all his failings Robbo was instrumental in that qtr

Reply #93
Great G@D 2nd qrtr by us! Robbo and McLean outstanding for me.
Agree. Simmo been very good, and if they get the ball to Gibbs, God forbid that he should go in and get it himself, he's been dangerous.

Reply #94
Hope Bell is OK - I want to see more of him in the 2nd half. Great hit he delivered but hurt his leg I think.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #96
Great efforts from Brock, Robbo and Simmo in that quarter.

Waite into defence is good. Zac has quietened Martin. Armfield has shut Ellis out of the game.

Yazz and Eddie... cameos only.

We still fumble too much.

Dinger looks to have injured his leg whilst trying to kill Cotchin.

Hendo staying at CHF is excellent.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #97
Bootsma is a witches hat

He's a second year player who's not up to it yet, but he didn't select himself.
He's the FUTURE!

People use to endlessly bag a young Michael Sexton when he was learning the caper. I was one. ::)

TBH he had a lot of support - you walked 2 foot taller with christou dean sos et al

Exactly and probably more reason why people should perhaps cut Boots some slack. It's not his fault that MM has no love for Laids or Duigs and the failure of any key forward to put his hand up has robbed him of Hendo as well. Judge Boots at 25.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #98
Did we play "that" much better in that qrt? I thought the Tiggers just gave up thinking they'd cruise this game in.

Good to see our tackling intensity go up.....definitely helped our game.

Waite going back was very influential too.

Curnow doing well on Cotchin.

Armfield, I thought was absolutely pityful but according to the commentators is doing a job on a tigger??? Got me beat!! ::)  Just not happy with some of his chases....only puts pedal to the metal 6 strides in.

Better Qrt obviously but we'll see which Tiggers outfit comes out after half time and if we can keep up!!
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #99
Great comeback in the second term.

Great to see Yazz burn out of defence a few times makes us a far more direct side cuts out the crap in the middle.

Bootsma still scratching my head how he gets a game.

Warnock playing really well in the ruck.

Dirty Mclean could've had 4!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #100
The job Curnow is doing on Cotchin is great. He's gotta be off the trade table (Curnow)... just has to do more offensively.

Reply #101
Agree with you Big B. I reckon Armfield is cr@p today.
Remember Zemplas and co. not much upstairs with any of them.

Reply #102
The Tiggers will come out focussed and start the 3rd like they did the 1st... Hopefully this time we won't gift the Tiggers by putting our string bean on their Coleman Medalist  :o

Reply #103
@Bignic
Yes, Simmo has been great. I also think we should persevere with Waite in defence - we've been suggesting that on here, well a few have, for some time. He'll be more durable there too!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #104
hope they build on that 2nd quarter
I d like to see how the tigers respond when the pressures really on after they thought it was in bag