Skip to main content
Topic: 2016 - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond (Read 78791 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2016 - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #120
There still seems to be some doubt as to whether Murph will play - heard it in passing on SEN earlier - not sure who said it.
I have been hearing this for weeks now (not from SEN). My guess would be he is 40/60.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #121
Lamb has 7 possies vs the Swans and dropped a few easy marks IMO..I thought  he was ordinary, laid a few tackles but didnt hit the scoreboard and had no effect on the game.
I think he needs a few games in the NB's to get some touch....Matthew Wright is way ahead of him IMO.
Agree on Everitt, woeful down back and is about as hard as a maccas soft serve on a 40 degree day....he should start in the NB's but wont IMO as he can convert from limited opportunities and we dont have many players who can kick straight and kick multiple goals..

Although Lamb didn't get a lot of the ball, he was applying pressure to the Swans backs at every opportunity. Some of these efforts don't appear on the stats sheet. I say give him a game.

Reply #122
Although Lamb didn't get a lot of the ball, he was applying pressure to the Swans backs at every opportunity. Some of these efforts don't appear on the stats sheet. I say give him a game.

+1 kerridges third goal was on the back of some lamb double effort tackling.

I saw enough to be pleased that lamb isn't just a list clogger.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #123
+1 kerridges third goal was on the back of some lamb double effort tackling.

I saw enough to be pleased that lamb isn't just a list clogger.

I thought it was on the back of a superb hitout from Kreuzer  ???

Lamb did lay a few tackles but it was a pretty ordinary performance from a bloke who is trying to establish himself in a new team.  He will have to do a lot better to avoid playing out the season with the NBs.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #124
I thought it was on the back of a superb hitout from Kreuzer  ???

Lamb did lay a few tackles but it was a pretty ordinary performance from a bloke who is trying to establish himself in a new team.  He will have to do a lot better to avoid playing out the season with the NBs.

Maybe it was the second one he scored.

Lamb was tackling players whilst swans were handballing and Kerridge read it off the hands and pounced to score.

If Lamb wasnt tackling, rather than handballing backwards, the swans would probably have had an easier time rebounding.

Paul Hewson

Reply #125
Maybe it was the second one he scored.

Lamb was tackling players whilst swans were handballing and Kerridge read it off the hands and pounced to score.

If Lamb wasnt tackling, rather than handballing backwards, the swans would probably have had an easier time rebounding.

I think it was the second one Thry.  Several players applied defensive pressure and that created the opportunity for Kerridge to intercept.  I didn't really notice Lamb but I'm happy to accept that he was involved.  However, Lamb only had two tackles inside the forward 50 for the game.  The maligned Thomas led the way with three.

That's an area where we need to improve so there's certainly an opportunity for a defensive small forward.  I'd have Armfield in the side before Lamb at this stage, subject to fitness and form. 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #126
Id agree with that DJC.

Im simply looking for the green shoots, and think that lamb might be at least a set of steak knives which are always useful.

;)

Paul Hewson

Reply #127
7 possessions isn't enough yet, but it is a start. I liked the negative things he did: his pressure was excellent. However, he needs more possessions and he need a right foot. If he can start getting a few goals for the NBs, then by all means give him another try.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #128
7 possessions isn't enough yet, but it is a start. I liked the negative things he did: his pressure was excellent. However, he needs more possessions and he need a right foot. If he can start getting a few goals for the NBs, then by all means give him another try.

I'd like to see Smith given a crack as the crumbing small forward - some highlights of his footy pre joining CFC were very Jeff Farmer like imo.

There's Sumner too to come in at some point.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #129
I'd like to see Smith given a crack as the crumbing small forward - some highlights of his footy pre joining CFC were very Jeff Farmer like imo.

There's Sumner too to come in at some point.
I cant remember, did Smith get a run in any of the NAB Games?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #131
Yes, he certainly played game two.

Smith didn't have a lot of impact, but he wasn't Robinson Crusoe.  He kicked a goal but didn't apply the forward pressure we need.

Reply #132
Call me hopeful but I reckon BB has something up his sleeve for our forward line.
He may have left it too late but has kept it under wraps so it will catch teams unaware.

But then again he may keep it under wraps for the whole season. ;D
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #133
Smith didn't have a lot of impact, but he wasn't Robinson Crusoe.  He kicked a goal but didn't apply the forward pressure we need.

And to be fairer still, our midfield was so bereft of talent/ability/experience that day the only manner the ball went anywhere our F50 was via random luck.

Throw the blokes who matched it with Sydney last week into the middle and our forwards (big and small) will look a lot better?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #134
Here's one from left field; as I understand it Clem Smith has been working on his endurance over the off season and has made significant stride (a lot fitter), could Smith be trialed as a tagger who can push forward?

Specifically could he run with a Cotchin or Delidio? Smith's defence and ability to hurt in the tackle could really disrupt the Tigers running game. Given they've lost Conca and have reduced rotations can this be a weapon in our favour?

Thoughts?