Skip to main content
Topic: 2016 - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond (Read 78787 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2016 - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #165
That said if we could get the ball to Levi one on one with Rance, Levi will simply monster him - and is better in the air in any event. 6cm taller, probably 10-12cm in reach and arguably 10kg heavier. i'd back Levi in 8 times out of 10.

The problem has been that by the time the ball gets down there Levi is one on two or three - maybe Fev could occasionally beat that but Levi is a young fish yet to fully blossom.
Would be great, as long as they play him closer to the square and give the mids etc a target, not have no one home when they breakthrough the ground

Reply #166
Richmond have more depth and are far more settled as a team.

They have a better forward line and a better defense.

Our midfield would have to do it all. But we do have Cripps.

Reply #167
Agree 100%. We must go cold turkey on the long dumb bomb - if we are going to use bombs they must be smart ones!

Exactly, bombing when they have numbers back will be a sin as they will spoil, rebound and peel off and have us sucked up the ground too far. Bombing is fine occasionaly when you can put 1 or 2 of their defenders under real man on man pressure and have someone like Everitt coming across and marking etc.

Reply #168
If we want to work on our game plan then we need to play at least one preferably two true key position sized forwards. 

Levi will be one.

The other has to be Liam Jones on his three goal effort.

Have to reward results even if he is crap.

We have the following key position forward options.

Gorringe
Casboult
Jones
Jaksch
Plowman
McKay
Sosos

Of that lot most are unproven,  one looks capable (Casboult) and the other is Jones.

We go Jones and Levi until others get fit and oust them from our team IMHO.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #169
I would rather McKay in plaster & crutches that Jones on the field.

Reply #170
I would rather McKay in plaster & crutches that Jones on the field.
David, Andrew or Harry for that matter!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #172
Jones is a proven failure at senior level so why would he be considered for selection. He needs to prove himself worthy over a protracted period in the VFL.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #173
He isn't a proven failure under Bolton.

Keep in mind his last two coaches were Mick Malthouse and McCartney.

Either way, we are looking at draft pick 1-8 at best this season.   More likely top 5.  Might as well let the team work out the role of the bloke playing key forward and worry about who it is next year.

Paul Hewson

Reply #174
He isn't a proven failure under Bolton.

Keep in mind his last two coaches were Mick Malthouse and McCartney.

Either way, we are looking at draft pick 1-8 at best this season.   More likely top 5.  Might as well let the team work out the role of the bloke playing key forward and worry about who it is next year.

Not a valid reason to play him, in fact, I don't think there is.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #175
Weitering must take Jack imo - simply don't think Jamo has it enough anymore ie skill, speed, ball/player awareness, aerially) to compete with a Jack R. in half decent or better form.

No way!  Weitering is still very much in the development stage and needs to find the pace of AFL football (don't take too much on NAB form). Just ease him into the whole process and he'll 'sprout' into an A Grader. We're a team in a hurry, but not THAT much of a hurry.  Jammo for mine.

Reply #176
Poor poor Jon Jon Malphy Ralphy Walphy is a bit complainy wainy again in The Huny Wuny.   ::)

Apparently the big bad Carlty warlty made Yazzy Wazzy too fatty watty, lazzy wazzy and sicky wicky.  :o

Then when the nicey wicey, goody woody, 9thy winey made Yazzy Wazzy all better wetter he got a painy wainy and had to have a needly weedly! Awwww, so sad! :(
The Force Awakens!

Reply #177
Not a valid reason to play him, in fact, I don't think there is.

Who else is there?  He kicked three goals in the vfl last week. Kerridge is the only one showing that level of scoring power thus far.

He might actually go alright under Bolton.   We have to play him. 

Paul Hewson

Reply #178
Poor poor Jon Jon Malphy Ralphy Walphy is a bit complainy wainy again in The Huny Wuny.   ::)

Apparently the big bad Carlty warlty made Yazzy Wazzy too fatty watty, lazzy wazzy and sicky wicky.  :o

Then when the nicey wicey, goody woody, 9thy winey made Yazzy Wazzy all better wetter he got a painy wainy and had to have a needly weedly! Awwww, so sad! :(

The sport in the Hun is a complete joke.
I can't believe how poor a paper it has become.

Reply #179
From Triple M, i just gott say this 22 doesn't strike fear in my mind (noting that we are not world beaters).

B: Dylan Grimes, Troy Chaplin, Nick Vlastuin

HB: Chris Yarran, Alex Rance, Bachar Houli

C: Brett Deledio, Dustin Martin, Shaun Grigg

HF: Shane Edwards, Ben Griffiths, Sam Lloyd

F: Ben Lennon, Jack Riewoldt, Ty Vickery

R: Ivan Maric, Trent Cotchin, Anthony Miles

I: Jake Batchelor, Brandon Ellis, Taylor Hunt, Kamdyn McIntosh
Finals, then 4 in a row!